Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOT letting people port to celestia

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 24, 2009
Junebug838 wrote:
Leave it the way it currently is: Letting players that have done the Malistaire quest in only.
i agree i think only malistare beeters can get in

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
nijac wrote:
I'm already on Mooshu (level 36) and I think people under level 30 shouldn't be able to go to Celestia, but there is no level limit. Say if someone needed help in Celestia and the person asked for a level 26 to help them (because they can fight good :|) so now I think people level 25 and above should be able to EXPLORE Celestia.
Good Day :|

It should be like this as far as levels go:

Wizard City, any level
Grizzleheim 20+
Krokotopia when finished all Wizard City
Marleybone when finished all Krokotopia
Mooshu when finished all Marleybone
Dragonspyre when finished all of Mooshu
Celestia 50+ do to the aggrevation people experienced in all above of lower levels not being their ideal levels of the listed zones
Oh, and when finished all of Dragonspyre.

Good day sir

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
You people do realize that the very POINT of side quests is that they're optional, correct? Requiring people to do side quests defeats the purpose of side quests in the first place.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Maybe if you cleaned out your friends list and/or turned off the allow port option you would not have this issue. Use discretion when adding friends.

Another thought... KI could make it that ports need to be acknowledged (just like trades) ie players would get a notice that friend "x" wants to join your battle (accept Y/N)

I have no problem with low level players joining the battle. I have family members that are level 30 and 20 while I have 4 level 50 Wizards I join their battles and they join mine.

I am glad that they fixed it so that you don't earn the badge until you have completed the quest. There were many low level wizards running around labeled "Savior of the Spiral". So many that it made the badge worthless.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
I'm a grandmaster and I'd be happy to see lower levels exploring Celestia when it is released. I don't think there should be any restrictions placed on porting. We all pay for the game one way or another. I only hope the servers can cope with the load so we can all enjoy the new content without lag and resentment.

Defender
May 11, 2009
mythomagic6 wrote:
You people do realize that the very POINT of side quests is that they're optional, correct? Requiring people to do side quests defeats the purpose of side quests in the first place.
ya they are optionsal. yu have the OPTION to do them if you wnat to become a grandmaster

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
minxymoo wrote:
I'm a grandmaster and I'd be happy to see lower levels exploring Celestia when it is released. I don't think there should be any restrictions placed on porting. We all pay for the game one way or another. I only hope the servers can cope with the load so we can all enjoy the new content without lag and resentment.

The key word in your post is 'resentment', and unless KI takes measures to stop the low level porting, the excitement is indeed going to turn to resentment quickly.

You do pay to access the entire game, but you earn the ability to access these areas by way of quests and leveling.
If you can bypass the spiral key requirement, there is no point to having it and no challenge to the game.

Five Grandmasters, one world at a time.

Defender
May 11, 2009
Faculty can you PLEASE give us an answer to the question/problem PLEASE!!!

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
SoxKid wrote:
mythomagic6 wrote:
ya they are optionsal. yu have the OPTION to do them if you wnat to become a grandmaster

You're missing the point. If you wanted, you could say playing this game is optional. What I meant by it, and what it's most usually taken to mean, is that completing the storyline is the "not optional" part. It's the part you "have" to do to "win" the game (winning the game is completing the storyline, not completely maxing out. BEATING the game is maxing out.) Doing side quests should not be required for winning the game. And why do you really care if they're grandmasters versus they've completed The Final Countdown? It's about a 4 level difference at most... They've worked hard, and ought to be able to go to Celestia if they want to. Beating everything including Dragonspyre is a fair bit of work, as opposed to, say, beating everything up to MooShu. Either way they've done their fair share of work, and they should get their "reward".

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
TwinkleJinx wrote:
The key word in your post is 'resentment', and unless KI takes measures to stop the low level porting, the excitement is indeed going to turn to resentment quickly.

You do pay to access the entire game, but you earn the ability to access these areas by way of quests and leveling.
If you can bypass the spiral key requirement, there is no point to having it and no challenge to the game.

TwinkleJinx, there is enough resentment already. If one were to only read the forums it would seem like a big problem in-game but it really isn't.

The problem is this concept of earnt access amongst a vocal minority of players too proud of their virtual achievements to see anything good in allowing lower levels some freedom. Granted, their presence can be an inconvenience if you are set in your ways. I maintain that they have every right to be there. Their presence need not spoil any fun nor diminish any sense of achievement. After all, it is only a game, and a good family game at that, one which can experienced and enjoyed in many different ways.

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
jenyfiregirl wrote:
thats rude there should at least be level 40s go there at LEAST the rest no
ok just cause you wanna see it and your level 40 no your JUST STARTING ds i so only grand and up no level 49s just 50 to 60 ok only port in if you are that levwel AND BEET THE QUEST TO FIGHT MALISTARE no oh i did lab so many times i leveld to 50 only grand malistare conqeurers

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
TwinkleJinx wrote:
minxymoo wrote:

I believe the keyword in minxymoo's post was 'happy'.

As I have said elsewhere: This game is not work; it's a game and it is played this is not the same as working and earning. KI do not pay us to work the game, we pay them to play it.

We pay to access the different areas of the Spiral. If a player is able to access an area then that player has paid for the right to enter it no matter what level they are.

I'm quite happy to have lower levels in Celestia in when it comes out. It really isn't the huge problem that the vocal minority keep shouting it is.

To avoid any future confusion the keyword in my post is also 'happy'.

:)

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
I believe if you have beaten the game as part of your quest you should be allowed to go to Celestia. There should be some places that are restricted to only level 50 and up. The main area that has shops people should be allowed to port to that have done the required quests.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
cupoftea9 wrote:
TwinkleJinx wrote:
minxymoo wrote:

As I have said elsewhere: This game is not work; it's a game and it is played this is not the same as working and earning. KI do not pay us to work the game, we pay them to play it.

We pay to access the different areas of the Spiral. If a player is able to access an area then that player has paid for the right to enter it no matter what level they are.

I'm quite happy to have lower levels in Celestia in when it comes out. It really isn't the huge problem that the vocal minority keep shouting it is.

If a grand pays access then why should they have to deal with lowbies getting a free ride and messing their battles up?

So what you are saying is, its ok for lowbies to have full access to any world they want to, regardless of level becuase they paid for full access, but a grand who also paid for full access, can not have a peaceful level 50 zone? Instead, he has to deal with lowbies messing up their duels and taking up spots? Well the grands paid for full access aswell. They earned the right to be in Celestia in the first place.

50+ should be the requirement 100% for Celestia. If those are not happy with it, then go level your wizard to 50, simple as that, instead of waiting around for a free ride. Not trying to be harsh, but it is the truth. People can not be that lazy to just sit around and wait for Celestia, and hope they can get a free ride their, I mean, seriously. You love the game just like the rest of us, go level your wizard to 50. You are doing what you love. Playing the game. How come leveling to 50 is such a problem for people?

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Many of you are forgetting. I have a level 42 fire wizard that was completed with moo shu and didn't start DS yet.. so even if I finish DS I would only be say.. level 46 or 47. Adding a restriction to level 50 would still be unfair since side quests are NOT required. Plus, you cant take side quests unless you are a certain level. KI does a great job of fixing these problems. The only thing there could be is more level boosting from instances and more badges. That is it.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Orca wrote:
Many of you are forgetting. I have a level 42 fire wizard that was completed with moo shu and didn't start DS yet.. so even if I finish DS I would only be say.. level 46 or 47. Adding a restriction to level 50 would still be unfair since side quests are NOT required. Plus, you cant take side quests unless you are a certain level. KI does a great job of fixing these problems. The only thing there could be is more level boosting from instances and more badges. That is it.

42 and completed Mooshu? I am sorry if I misinterpret on what you said. Did you do side quest or not? If not then you have quests you can backtrack to.

Yeah side quests are not required, but they are persay.

If you did all side quest, and finished DS then you should be 50 level in the first place. I know I did every single side quest, and gotten to Jotun in Grizzleheim, and I easily made 50 level, then I went for Malistaire.

So 50 is not hard to get if you do every quest you could do, including the Storyline ones.

Defender
May 11, 2009
ok celestia isnt a given it is open to only level 50s, which is extremely right.
it is for GRANDMASTERS that have taken the time to DO the side to become a grandmaster. we have earned to got to celestia, those who arent grandmaster havent. if you dont want to do sidequests thats your choice, but dont complain that you should get in just because you dont want to do your sidequests and you beat malistaire, and wizards under 40 have beaten him by PORTING which nobody likes, and i dont want the same in Celestia

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Orca wrote:

There are mandatory side quests, such as Wavebringer/Mossback in Mooshu. Without these, you won't be getting your Dragonrider Staff to complete the Final Countdown quest.
These side quests come with some hefty experience, too.

Personally, I believe KI should require those Spiral Keys for anyone porting, or game progression is meaningless. There has to be some regulations, or why bother with the Keys at all?
The game itself is the Malistaire story, and getting to the end of the story means working your way through each world. Bypass that and what have you got?

Considering the last quest is Final Countdown and you must complete the entire storyline to reach that quest, having completed it should be enough for the Celestia Spiral Key.
If the -50 players find the new NPCs a bit too difficult, they can go back and level up through the side quests they had missed.
At the least, make sure you have your level 48 spell. I have a feeling you're really going to need it.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
cupoftea9 wrote:
TwinkleJinx wrote:
minxymoo wrote:

It's not 'happiness' for everyone.

You have paid for full access to the game, with access to all areas as you progress.

I have also paid my membership dues. Do I have a right to play without my game being disrupted? Yes, I do.
The fact that it is disruptive to normal game play means KI must take some action on this.

Chances are, they'll deal with the porting the same way they dealt with the enchanted cards; that this was an oversight to be patched.
I don't see this as something they meant to allow, as this makes game progression through Spiral Keys meaningless.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
SoxKid wrote:
ok celestia isnt a given it is open to only level 50s, which is extremely right.
it is for GRANDMASTERS that have taken the time to DO the side to become a grandmaster. we have earned to got to celestia, those who arent grandmaster havent. if you dont want to do sidequests thats your choice, but dont complain that you should get in just because you dont want to do your sidequests and you beat malistaire, and wizards under 40 have beaten him by PORTING which nobody likes, and i dont want the same in Celestia

You might do well to remember that porting to the Malistaire fight does NOT complete The Final Countdown. The only way to finish that quest is to have completed the current storyline. Keeping it open only to people who have done extra side quests is elitist and shouldn't be done.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010

I think KI wants people to play their game many different ways. Some people want to do lots of side quests and become Grands and beat Malistaire. Some don't, they want to do main quests and beat Malistaire. Some people like to craft, some don't. Some people like PVP, some don't. We all can make the game what we want it be. :)

You have paid for full access to the game, with access to all areas as you progress.

The following is from the Players Guide found on the Wizard101 website.
Getting Around - Teleporting to Friends
When you select a friend from your Friends list, one of the options is to "Go to Location".

This means you can teleport to your friend, but be careful, your friend may be in a high level area that you are not prepared for! It's always nice to ask your friend first if you can teleport to them.

I have also paid my membership dues. Do I have a right to play without my game being disrupted? Yes, I do.
The fact that it is disruptive to normal game play means KI must take some action on this.

Chances are, they'll deal with the porting the same way they dealt with the enchanted cards; that this was an oversight to be patched.
I don't see this as something they meant to allow, as this makes game progression through Spiral Keys meaningless.

Gamma
Administrator
A Subscription buys you Time in the game. During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that you have earned access to through the progression of quests. You can also teleport to friends in any area of the Spiral while you are a Subscriber. Subscribers will never be prompted to make an additional purchase of an area. Once your subscription expires, you can no longer access those areas, and are restricted to the Free to Play areas of Wizard101.

Porting to friends in a higher level than you is clearly known to and allowed by KI.

As I have stated many times KI can't control player BEHAVIOR. The person causing trouble and being inconsiderate in DS will do it in their "own" world. The level of a character is not the problem. Players behaving badly is.

Megan Frostriver Grandmaster Theurgist
Megan Frostbringer Grandmaster Sorcerer

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
How about "one level up" porting? So Celestia you need DS, DS you need Mooshu, Mooshu you need Marleybone, etc. GH is whatever.

The problem I see is people work at different speeds. A friend you make ends up on a higher level because they play more, but the still might want help from you. Especially if you are Life :-) .

I'm only at level 46, but I can understand your pain, I was farming Krokotopia for ore (transmute to diamond), ended up friending some on there, then later they port to me on DS and they start wandering around. Now what do I do? Delete them so I don't risk having Grandmasters ticked at me for having noobs on DS (and the answer is probably yes). But it seems downright unfriendly and un-helping nature.

A policy like the above would free us from playing policeman, "Hey bud, sorry, its the rules".

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
Goldenfish98 wrote:
i agree with only level 50 plus going in. We have to work for it. they dont. so why let others just port for free and not have to work for it? Celestia is gonna be crowded with people who are like, level 15. They need to work for it. Oh, and same with the shark mount. make it level 50+ only? PLEASE
like the wings. to many people had them.

well i agree with the wings i saw lvl ones wit them.

BUT the shark mount that is unfair!
i am lvl 50 now but really i finished ds at lvl 46-47
and beat warehouse tower at lvl 49 so if CL was out before i beat the tower well that would be pretty annoying that i cant wear that.

now the "noob" in celestia hmm well ya it would be bad for them to cheat the game and lvl to like 30 when they in wc or kt still due to the celestia side quests.

so lets just make the lvl cap for that world maybe?...... hmm
35 and up? and shark mount NO LVL CAP!

:) ty

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I think maybe level 30- shouldn't be able to o to Celestia but i think it would be unfair to some of the level 45-49 that have beaten malistare not go there either. I was a level 47 i think when i beat malistare i don't think it would be fair just let levels 50s that have beaten malistare to go to Celestia. My life grand hasn't beat malistare yet(i don't have many friends i soled most of the thing. Plus i also passed them because was my second character.). <.< Sorry about my spelling. :x

Joseph Ironspear storm 50
Seth Jadesword life 50
Joseph Ironspear balance 50
Seth jadesword death 46