Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

help did not get icebird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
ok so i had done what i was supposed to do to get the icebird pet (defeat a hidden boss called nightwing) but guess what i didn't get!!!! Plaese answer this question, what went wrong and how do i get the icebird pet?!?!?!?

No item is guaranteed to drop from a creature.
You have the exact same chance of getting a specific item from a creature each and every time you battle them.
There are no tricks, no ways to stack the deck. You have the same chance of getting the item the first time you duel him as you do the 100000000th time you duel him, it's just a matter of luck.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
No item is guaranteed to drop from a creature.
You have the exact same chance of getting a specific item from a creature each and every time you battle them.
There are no tricks, no ways to stack the deck. You have the same chance of getting the item the first time you duel him as you do the 100000000th time you duel him, it's just a matter of luck.

i agree. i mean i am a HUGE pet collecter. infact i have 43 pets and i didnt get most of my pets the first time i defeted a person well only once when i defeated nightshade the first time. anyway it even though you defeated the person it dosent mean that you get the pet. it depends on what it drops.
Samantha Suncatcher
lvl 47

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
You just have to keep fighting him till you get it. :D

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
Aztek350 wrote:

this is off topic but were s nightwing?

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Thanks, for the answers. i may be a level 40 (almost 41) ice wizard but i haven't played in like a year and i just got back into it so i forgot some stuff. so thanks for the help i am soooo determined to get icebird!!! :D
and p.s nightwing is a hidden boss in ravenscar.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Its not that hidden you just walk in a tunnel and you are there not hidden.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
It took me 2 DAYS to get the ice bird. Trust me, just be patient, and you will get it. (I learned this when I was not patient myself, its hard to be patient!)

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
LighDealth wrote:
Aztek350 wrote:

this is off topic but were s nightwing?
he's in ravensacr in glacial wastes when you fin an iceshard and glacial water look for a tube of ice and go through to find two colossus and nightwing. hope this help :D

Explorer
May 02, 2010
Have to say patience and will you persevere eventually.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
milkweed77 wrote:
ok so i had done what i was supposed to do to get the icebird pet (defeat a hidden boss called nightwing) but guess what i didn't get!!!! Plaese answer this question, what went wrong and how do i get the icebird pet?!?!?!?

can you tell me where Nightwing is?!

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
wedges wrote:
milkweed77 wrote:

can you tell me where Nightwing is?!

Nightwing is located in the glacier portion of Ravenscar. Go towards the Iceshard and clear water bottle. Once you're there, look for a icey tunnel that takes you to a separate area. Nightwing should be there unless someone had just defeated him.

If he has been defeated, simply wait for him to respawn or change to a different server.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
milkweed77 wrote:

Nightwing is located in the glacier portion of Ravenscar. Go towards the Iceshard and clear water bottle. Once you're there, look for a icey tunnel that takes you to a separate area. Nightwing should be there unless someone had just defeated him.

If he has been defeated, simply wait for him to respawn or change to a different server.

Thanks i have got to mirkhom keep! but ill try get 2 ravenscar

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
i really want a ice bird but i do not know where nightwing is could some1 tell me his location please!(deadline:April 3rd 2011)