Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ambrose glitch?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
I got a circle on my screen saying that headmaster ambrose thought I needed more training or something like that...
When I go to see him, he has nothing to say to me...

Explorer
Jun 21, 2008
This has happened to me as well. I truly believe this is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Yes this has happened to me once as well. Plumblossum may be right it could be a bug as well. I hope they fixed the bug.

Developer
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
One possible source of it is switching computers. Which tutorial tips you have already been given on a character is stored on your local computer, not on the central server. If you play a character that is high level, and then switch to a different computer and play the same character, you can trigger all the old tutorial tips that you'd already gone through another time.

The gaining a level tips are the most obnoxious ones. It doesn't just give the tip when you hit the target level. It gives the tip when you level and are at least the target level, if it hasn't given you the tip on that computer before. That means that if a player with a high level character switches to a different computer, the first time he levels, the far right area of his screen gets flooded with tutorial tips.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
MoolindaWu wrote:
Does anyone remember what you did immediately before this circle popped up?

The circle appears immediately after you level up. I can't remember what levels but it has happened in every world. I will watch the new wizards coming up and report back when it happens.

LOL thought I was special and Ambrose was giving me extra spells...but after awhile you just ignore it.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
People posted videos of glitches on youtube and some showed: going threw a wall, getting yourself trapped(not on youtube), even hitting your own teammate in a battle, and moving around in a battle(facing different directions while in battle:backwards, forwards, left, and right. It's really weird. Seriously. This bug isn't supposed to be in this game and i thought it already been squashed! Killed! Gone! But yet it isn't. Its like it crawled back in the house to make things worse again. Or maybe its the graphics but I most likely dont think that.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
MoolindaWu wrote:
right after i leveled up to level 28 it popped up

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
The same thing happened to me. After completing a quest in Marleybone, I leveled up to 29... Ambrose called for me, but had nothing to say when I arrived.

Administrator
This is a known issue, young Wizard.

Please see our Known Bugs page.

Merle Summoning Players without Reason: Sometimes Merle likes to check in with his students, however we've noticed lately that he's been calling on our young Wizards every time they gain a new level. Don't worry, he may not always have a quest for you, however it's a good reminder to visit him, as well as your Professors, on a regular basis.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
That has happened to me a lot of times it just means that your computer is loading that place and you have to wait until that circle goes away and then you can go to that place.And when ambrose pops up he is just giving you a tip he does not want to see you.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
Young wizards today! No respect for the elderly!

Ambrose is a very old man. He is probably suffering from dementia.
If you were his age, you'd get confused and forgetful too. Don't get cross with him - he can't help it.

Just make him a nice cup of tea and make sure he's taking his medication.

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
This has happened many times to me. Don't worry it's just a regular glitch that also happened to me

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
This happened to me as well when i reached level 33 and Simeon (the guy in ravenwood) also called me too.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
MoolindaWu wrote:

right as i became level 25.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
That happened to me to. Right as I became a level 25 a circle with ambrose's head showed up and said something has arrived for me. When I went to go see what it was he didn't have anything to say.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
MoolindaWu wrote:
Yes Yes Yes i do i had finished a quest in mooshu then i was walknig to go help a friend then all of a sudden headmaster ambrose popped up he I have some thing speical ready for you.Then when i went he said Keep srearching young wizard we need to know all about malistaire's plans! ! !

Survivor
Mar 26, 2009
MoolindaWu wrote:
Professer Moolinda Wu Merle Ambrose and Simeon gave me a tip to see them and I went to then but they didn't have a quest for me;what happened. Cheryl Rose Blosson,Level 23(for now)School Life.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
This has happened twice both times i was supposed to get a new spell. I agree with you i think it's a bug that needs to be fixed. Hope you fix it! 8)

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
This happened to me as well except that I was supposed to get a spell on that lvl I agree with you I think It's a bug that needs fixed. 8)

Dylan BattleBlood: lvl 28 Adept Necromancer (death)

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I noticed that it happened when you switch over to a new computer. It happened to me when I got my new one.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
i had that happen to me just recently, i was in marleybone and i had just become a level 30 wizard and the headmasters circle popped up on the screen and he asked for me to come to his office immediately and when i got there he had nothing to say to me, not even an exclamation mark above his head, i just want to know now, was it actually a glitch or not?

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I just finished my third grandmaster.

I am getting rather fond of this glitch. I am not so sure I want them to fix it.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
MoolindaWu wrote:

yes i leveld up and i think i was at ravenwood not sure

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
This happened to me too. It was when I leveled up to level 25 Gamma called me for a spell and I went to amborse he did not have any quests.