Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ambrose glitch?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
tweetybird18428 wrote:
I ended up turning off the tutorial tips and haven't been affected as much. Maybe that's the soultion?
No, thats not the solution.The solution is on the other message I posted on.Your solution works too, but it makes you miss a lot of quests

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
MoolindaWu wrote:
Does anyone remember what you did immediately before this circle popped up?

well it happened when i was level 41 43 45 and 47 i only remember at level 45 i just got to that level after doing the dungeon in DS somewhere ( with the huge helephant ) then i talked to him and he never said anything

Hunter Deathcaster Legendary
Wolf Drakethief level 19 initiate diviner
Matthew Windcaster Level 10 ice

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
When I became a level 25 I got a tutorial tip circle on the side of my screen from Headmaster Ambrose. He said that something has arrived for me, but when I went to see him, he didn't have anything to say to me.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Actually, I know to go back to the teachers whenever I hit a quest with an eight in it. I also check in every so often too with the teachers.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Gigglegirl6196 wrote:
When I became a level 25 I got a tutorial tip circle on the side of my screen from Headmaster Ambrose. He said that something has arrived for me, but when I went to see him, he didn't have anything to say to me.

it happed to me 2

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
i was in the wizard city bazaar, and i had 90 experience until level 25, so i decided to to turn in the cyclops lane quest where you collect hammers ( i did a few, forgot it, and finished from the veteran sellswords in krokotopia) i leveled up from the quest, and ambrose called me, saying i had something for me :D but when i got there, there was nothing :(

-Cody mooncoin, level 25 adept pyromancer

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
It happened to me once in emperor's retreat which took me forever. Even in Ironworks. It really gets annoying : :

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
crazyqeen321 wrote:
People posted videos of glitches on youtube and some showed: going threw a wall, getting yourself trapped(not on youtube), even hitting your own teammate in a battle, and moving around in a battle(facing different directions while in battle:backwards, forwards, left, and right. It's really weird. Seriously. This bug isn't supposed to be in this game and i thought it already been squashed! Killed! Gone! But yet it isn't. Its like it crawled back in the house to make things worse again. Or maybe its the graphics but I most likely dont think that.
that happened to me it was funny and werid wonder y it happened?

Survivor
May 23, 2009
This happened after i finished giving the Mayor Of MarleyBone a tonic to make him feel better. Ambrose said Young Wizard come to my office promptly.

Mindy Dream Spear

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
I've been trying to talk to Ambrose for weeks. He tells me to come see him at once, because he has news about Celestia, when i'm standing right in front of him! What's going on?

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
This happens to me all the time. You most likely just used a different computer.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2011
fireblaze2300 wrote:
MoolindaWu wrote:
Does anyone remember what you did immediately before this circle popped up?
Yes Yes Yes i do i had finished a quest in mooshu then i was walknig to go help a friend then all of a sudden headmaster ambrose popped up he I have some thing speical ready for you.Then when i went he said Keep srearching young wizard we need to know all about malistaire's plans! ! !
Guys, I think I recentely figured out the glitch! A few days after I got the tutorial tip where something had arrived for me, I went back to his house just so I could meet new people because it is alsways SO crowded. And when I arrived Merle Ambrose had an exclamation point over his head! He said a tube had arrived for me from Grizzleheim and Bjorn Ironclaws sent it as a thank you, and then he said " I didn't know there was this much trouble in Grizzleheim. Then he just said "Talk to Bjorn Ironclaws, so I went and got some more XP and coins and then a few days later another merle ambrose tip popped up and he said something required my prompt attention but there was no exclamation oint so Im going to wait till Im a level 33. Hope this helped! :D

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
DrakeSF wrote:
I've been trying to talk to Ambrose for weeks. He tells me to come see him at once, because he has news about Celestia, when i'm standing right in front of him! What's going on?

You need to be at least level 48 and get your *level 48 spell* to go to celestia then you can start

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
This also happened to me. I fell for it when it happened to me about 20 times already. However, that was months ago and I forgot what I did before he called me.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
Gamma wrote:
This is a known issue, young Wizard.

Please see our Known Bugs page.

Merle Summoning Players without Reason: Sometimes Merle likes to check in with his students, however we've noticed lately that he's been calling on our young Wizards every time they gain a new level. Don't worry, he may not always have a quest for you, however it's a good reminder to visit him, as well as your Professors, on a regular basis.

i hate this lol