Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ambrose glitch?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
It happen to me a little while ago on my grand diviner. But it has not happen yet on any of my other schools. maybe KI actualy fixed it by now.

Survivor
May 24, 2010
This is one of the known bugs on the "help, FAQ" page for the subject, "Known Bugs". In fact, it is the first of the list of bugs!

This has happened to me, too. Ambrose is just checking in on you to remind you to keep up your training!

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
This is for the grizzleheim quests. It happens at level 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40. Each time he calls you over you unlock a new spot (if the previous spot was already completed.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
shandalear wrote:
I got a circle on my screen saying that headmaster ambrose thought I needed more training or something like that...
When I go to see him, he has nothing to say to me...

It also can mean you got a training point. When I got to lvl 26 Ambrose called me but he did not have anything. So I went to the balance school and it turned out I just got a new spell thats all. And I looked In my book right after I leveled up and i had a training point so It might be that. 8)

~ Abigail Hawkflame lvl 27 balance/fire

Survivor
May 12, 2010
Squikers6 wrote:
That happened to me to. Right as I became a level 25 a circle with ambrose's head showed up and said something has arrived for me. When I went to go see what it was he didn't have anything to say.

when I was level 25 merle called me and it was a message from grizzleheim.
but when i became lvl 30 he called me for no reason. I gues it happens around levels 25 to 30.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
MoolindaWu wrote:
Does anyone remember what you did immediately before this circle popped up?
I was in grizzleheim finishing a quest and it popped up. I was like on level 24.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
Still happening... after a whole year.

The developers had better be busy working on Celestia or they're in trouble ;)

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Michael161 wrote:
Young wizards today! No respect for the elderly!

Ambrose is a very old man. He is probably suffering from dementia.
If you were his age, you'd get confused and forgetful too. Don't get cross with him - he can't help it.

Just make him a nice cup of tea and make sure he's taking his medication.

LOL Michael,
I think that he's just so caught up with the new world coming that he's just way to excited about it for us.

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
Minney wrote:
This happened to me as well when i reached level 33 and Simeon (the guy in ravenwood) also called me too.

This is true. Simeon calls me to as lvl up

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
i do know what happined.

i was at marleybone and got a level up to 30.

merle sent me there for a quest.

when i entered, there was no people there,and all he said was this:

"We got to find Malistures plans!"

but no quest

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
I've also had a problem with reaching level 25 and the tutorial circle: Ambrose says that he has something for me but when I go to see him he has nothing new to tell me.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Same with me. I am level 43 and I keep getting interrupted by Merle Ambrose to come to him. I wish they fix this soon.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Michael161 wrote:
Young wizards today! No respect for the elderly!

Ambrose is a very old man. He is probably suffering from dementia.
If you were his age, you'd get confused and forgetful too. Don't get cross with him - he can't help it.

LOL! I don't think that's it.

It happened to me at lvl. 40. I was so mad, because he said that it was something about Grizzelheim.
-Scarlet Silverweaver
Grandmaster Theurgist
lvl.54

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
That happens when you do the thing he wants you to do and go to him before the thing comes up. This happens for lots of things, for example, you can do the Ravenwood quest before Ambrose sends you the notice for it. If you do that, then when he sends you the notice there won't be any quest for you to do there.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2011
xoluluox123 wrote:
MoolindaWu wrote:
Does anyone remember what you did immediately before this circle popped up?
right after i leveled up to level 28 it popped up

It is a bug it did it to me last night lvl 30

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
i want this fixed i got grand on my hole thing and i didnt get one new thing from amrose when i beat malistaire

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
shandalear wrote:
I got a circle on my screen saying that headmaster ambrose thought I needed more training or something like that...

This has happened to me on several occasions. Don't sweat it, you aren't missing out on anything. It happens all the time. Do remember that Headmaster Ambrose is pretty old and has millions of students. Memory lapse can happen to the best of us

Taryn Dragonsong
Legendary Sorcerer

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
i know exactly what happened just now i leveled to 25 and ambrose's circle popped up, the message read>

"Hello young wizard please come to see me at the first convenience something has arrived for you".

So i went to see him and he has nothing to say to me other than>
"please keep searching we need to know everything about malistares plans".

so what is he supposed to have for me ? i want whatever it is lol.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
This is just Merle Ambrose trying to send you to Grizzleheim. If you had not finished a part of it then he won't have anything to say. He will call you on level 20, 25, 30, and 40.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
Once it happened to me, but since nothing happened when i went to see Merle Ambrose i just carried on with my quests. I went to see him later, and he had a quest! :

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
ya that happend to me to :? i dont remember why because i was a lvl7

luis willowmancer life wizard lvl46 DS

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
LimitedA wrote:
The same thing happened to me. After completing a quest in Marleybone, I leveled up to 29... Ambrose called for me, but had nothing to say when I arrived.

ugh this happens all the time for me but i guess thats cause i was a little slow i mean i was a magus when i left kt a master in mb and then i stopped side questing even though it made things easy.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I ended up turning off the tutorial tips and haven't been affected as much. Maybe that's the soultion?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
shandalear wrote:
I keep saying this but no one seems to read it so here it goes again,(for like the 3rd time)if its about grizzleheim, then merle is trying to give you a quest (every 5 levels) and you dont see it.That means that you havent finished the part of grizzleheim merle gave you before.To fix that, you need to finish that part.If not, you are using a different computer to play.