Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life school spell "lifeblade"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2008
As per the intention of the school, life damage spells are high accuracy, low damage spells. Every school gets to boost damage with both "trap" and "blade" spells.

"Life trap" is available from the trainer in a house on the last street in Wizard City (with all the gobblers, can't remember the name at the moment).

"Life blade" used to be available from the balance tree on krokosphinx island in krokotopia. However, it is not there anymore. Where has the trainer for this gone?

Life is a little underwhelming without a +40% boost!

Survivor
Jul 23, 2008
There is a life blade included in the Spirit Blade combo available from the balance tree on Krokosphinx.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2008
Fidelma wrote:
There is a life blade included in the Spirit Blade combo available from the balance tree on Krokosphinx.

Yes, however "spirit blade" is not as good for a life wizard as "life blade" for 3 reasons:

1) it costs a training point

2) it costs a pip to cast

3) it is not as much of a boost

I'm just hoping that it's still in the game as trainable. I've seen mobs cast it so I know it's still in the database but where is the trainer?

Community Leader
Hmmm... I have it and use it all the time. I believe I got it from a Life school quest.

Lifeblade + 39% power pip chance means I hardly ever use my Fire secondary school, since Life tears things up so badly now.

Check with the Life school prof? But then, I imagine you already did that. I guess I'm not 100% certain I got it there. You can check with the usual suspects -- secret card vendor in Krokotopia Oasis, or the Balance school one, or the card vendors in the Fairgrounds in Wizard City... it's around somewhere.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
I agree, where/when do Life Mages now get Life Blade? If I remember correctly, my Fire Mage got Fire Blade in the upper teens? My Life Mage is now 22 and still no Life Blade, which is making battles take far longer than fun. Anyone know where/when Life Mage gets Life Blade?

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
I have the life blade by itself . I think I got it from my teacher . I am not certain. I use it all the time and the effectiveness is 40 percent more strength than the 35 percent more strength in the group blade set you get from the balance tree in krokophinx.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
I'm an ice wizard. And I've attained my ice blade around levels 39 or 40 through a quest by my professor. Much like the quest for the minion spell which I got around level 28. My guess is, you'll also get a quest for the life blade spell around those levels 39-40 too.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2008
Well, finally found it. It isn't a trainer but you learn it from finishing a quest. From the krokohotep quest on the ice island in krokotopia. You receive the spell when you are also given permission to head over to the storm area.

It was nice to see it still in the game!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
Confirmed! Life Blade awarded as quest reward for completing Krokospinx quest series. Finished it last evening and there it was!

Some feedback for Dev: Its a bit late, I believe it should be awarded by the end of The Great Pyramid quest progression series seeing that Life damage is so low. I also had NPCs using Life Blade against me while doing quests in the Pyramid which was rather discouraging.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
so thats great how you found lifeblade but since this is similar i was wondering where is guiding light? is it a school quest?

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
None of the class blade cards are from trainers. Rather, they're all from class quests:

Fire: level 2
Storm: level 12
Myth: level 12
Death: level 7
Balance: level 12

Note that those are the level at which a quest can be acquired, not necessarily the level at which the quest can be done if you don't have access to the relevant region yet. I haven't found ice or life blades yet.

Survivor
May 24, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
None of the class blade cards are from trainers. Rather, they're all from class quests:

Fire: level 2
Storm: level 12
Myth: level 12
Death: level 7
Balance: level 12

Note that those are the level at which a quest can be acquired, not necessarily the level at which the quest can be done if you don't have access to the relevant region yet. I haven't found ice or life blades yet.

The others have pretty much accurately described when Life and Ice blades are given. My primary character is Life, and I got the Life blade after checking in with the Sergeant after finishing Krokosphinx.

I'm on my Ice character now, and the Ice blade is given as a reward for finishing a school quest given to you when you reach Level 38. I found it very difficult to do solo, but I managed it on my second attempt. I think others could probably help you, since you fight a boss in the streets of Crimson Fields. Yes, STREETS. I haven't recalled fighting a street boss since Krokhotep from the Map Room quest in Krok. :-)

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
scribbs16 wrote:
"Life trap" is available from the trainer in a house on the last street in Wizard City (with all the gobblers, can't remember the name at the moment).

I looked in Colossus Boulevard and couldn't find Life Trap. Anyone have anymore specifications?

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
OK I posted something on here asking for more specifications as to the location of the spell Lifetrap. But I found it. It is in the circle where you locate Mindy Pixiecrown. It is Directly across from The Great Troll. :D

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
What I found from the old woman across from Mindy Pixiecrown was Life TRAP, not life blade - i.e. the shield with the spikes around it, not the circle with the sword in it...