Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Menu chat realm and Text chat realm Plz read

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I have this idea for a menu chat realm so they can go on without being able to text back. Plus since only a few text chatters would say stuff in menu chat for them.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Yup I feel uncomfortable with people with menu chat around me no offense.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
fourmyant wrote:

I feel the same way. I much rather have Text Chat 100% around me.

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
I don't agree with this. The menu chat people are just younger and they are still people!! They have every right to play with us open or text chat people. And some menu chat people are people who were wrongfully muted (some are wrongfully muted.) Also some of my good friends are menu chat people. And menu chat people have a hard enough time trying to get help with their quests, because of people like you they don't get help.

Thomas Swiftthistle Grandmaster Ice

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
once a level 13 with menu chat walks next to me i put on my wings are fly as fast as i can

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Drifter69 wrote:
fourmyant wrote:

I feel the same way. I much rather have Text Chat 100% around me.

i don't know if "uncomfortable" is the word i would use... i feel upset when i can't communicate a plan or strategy with menu chat only people, and then they ruin a good set of hexes and/or traps that i have set up on a major boss. would kicking them to their own realm solve the problem? KI only has a limited number of servers and if ALL the menu chat people were on isolated realms, wouldn't that push all the text chat people together? and arent the text chat people supposed to be older than the menu chat only people? that would mean a lot more competition at the higher levels for things like reagents or monster defeating quests?

maybe there should be a prompt for a menu chat person to be able to enter into a duel if there are text chatters already there.

not sure what the best solution would be, discrimination and isolation should be the last resort tho i think. after all, nobody like having to sit at the kiddie table right?

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
I dont agree.. I think it's fine the way it is. If you don't want to be around menu chat people then leave, dont be around them. And sometimes menu chat people need help from high lvls and or text chat people so it would be somewhat a disadvantage for them. Also we would only be putting more work for the wizard101 creaters and maitnence people when in my opinion would be pointless. (i mean that in the least offensive way possible )

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
I must also not agree. I am a Menu-Chatter(unfortunately), and I have quite a few friends with Text Chat. How would I ever get to see them?

P.S

My parents say Text-Chat can be dangerous.

Elizabeth MistLeaf (Level 49 Master of Ice)

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
izzi250 wrote:
once a level 13 with menu chat walks next to me i put on my wings are fly as fast as i can

if you actually took the time to check their lvl then why were you running away?

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
izzi250 wrote:

if you dont want to even be around them no one says you had to be part of this game i dont know who are grown ups out there but i think the ones that are should be dissaproving with this