Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gurtok Demon, harder to solo than Malistare

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Guys, you know that you summon a gurtok demon using that crystal. Well when he appears, you battle him. He is MUCH harder to solo than Malistare 1 on 1. Malistare is Death like I am and the Gurtok is Balance. The Gurtok has the same amount of health as Malistare and the Gurtok seems to have more power. It took a group of four to slay both beasts, but it can take 2 against Malistare because my friend Blaze ShadowFlame and Eric GhostHunter did it with me and Eric fled during the battle. So just the 2 of us and we won, 2 of US! While it takes 3 to kill the Gurtok. Malistare is weak people he doesn't use things like Wraith or Scarecrow! He never did and he never will. And the Gurtok Demon uses Judgement with high pips sometimes. Back at The Tower Archives I remembered when Zarathax used Judgement with 10 pips and I was nearly dead because I lost health earlier. And the Karuvian Scargiver does twice the damage with physical attacks if he has an even number of pips. Outrageous! All these bosses are much harder than Malistare when it comes to solo 1 on 1. Thank you.

Anthony Redflame Grandmaster Death

When you collect the Spiral Key there will be a secret path and a new beginning

Adherent
May 20, 2010
There are a lot of boss fights that are harder than Malistaire's group is.

I've soloed all of the enemies in the Malistaire instance at one time or another (of course help was needed with the crystals), and I've done several instances with just one other wizard. How easy or hard it is depends on what school you're in, how well prepared you are, and what strategies you use.

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
fourmyant wrote:
Guys, you know that you summon a gurtok demon using that crystal. Well when he appears, you battle him. He is MUCH harder to solo than Malistare 1 on 1. Malistare is Death like I am and the Gurtok is Balance. The Gurtok has the same amount of health as Malistare and the Gurtok seems to have more power. It took a group of four to slay both beasts, but it can take 2 against Malistare because my friend Blaze ShadowFlame and Eric GhostHunter did it with me and Eric fled during the battle. So just the 2 of us and we won, 2 of US! While it takes 3 to kill the Gurtok. Malistare is weak people he doesn't use things like Wraith or Scarecrow! He never did and he never will. And the Gurtok Demon uses Judgement with high pips sometimes. Back at The Tower Archives I remembered when Zarathax used Judgement with 10 pips and I was nearly dead because I lost health earlier. And the Karuvian Scargiver does twice the damage with physical attacks if he has an even number of pips. Outrageous! All these bosses are much harder than Malistare when it comes to solo 1 on 1. Thank you.

Anthony Redflame Grandmaster Death

When you collect the Spiral Key there will be a secret path and a new beginning

I agree. I am balance like the Gurtok Demon and had to have some friends help me. if you are balance, make sure you have a good secondary school.

Ethan SilverBane Level 50 Balance

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I don't think the Gurtok demon is that hard. I have soloed him with three different wizards and beat him soundly <fire/life/storm>.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
I don't think the Gurtok demon is that hard. I have soloed him with three different wizards and beat him soundly <fire/life/storm>.

No Gurtok Demon is harder to solo and Malistare is really weak he uses dark fairy sometimes.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Malistaire has 3 minions. Plaza of Conquest has open boss fights, which allows ALL wizards, all shapes and sizes to help out against them.

Also, its not like the gurtok has all mighty attacks. He often uses a one/two pip spell that only does 80 to 160 damage. He never uses it with lots of pips.
Also, Jotun is Much much much much much much harder than both of these bosses. Jotun can use stormzilla (maybe storm lord, not sure) grettir can heal, and ullik can scarecrow. They also have a 1000 health minion to go along too.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
NuclearWar wrote:
Malistaire has 3 minions. Plaza of Conquest has open boss fights, which allows ALL wizards, all shapes and sizes to help out against them.

Also, its not like the gurtok has all mighty attacks. He often uses a one/two pip spell that only does 80 to 160 damage. He never uses it with lots of pips.
Also, Jotun is Much much much much much much harder than both of these bosses. Jotun can use stormzilla (maybe storm lord, not sure) grettir can heal, and ullik can scarecrow. They also have a 1000 health minion to go along too.
yeah i defeated all of them with my frinds about lv 30s and me a 44

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
I had a really rough time with Jotun. I beat him though, and he dropped a Death Troll pet.