Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make a "Send Away" button for battle

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
You probably heard this dozens of times, but i am really SICK AND TIRED of having to go through fights where a wizard is about to get YOU killed because they refuse to listen (happened to me just now), or a low level ports to a high level battle. We are given a send away button for homes, why not battles? and cant you remove any enemies that enter the battle because another person joined? adding this featured would GREATLY improve the game and it would be better for everyone. I know that it would be difficult but i am right, it is not fair for that to be happening.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
It MAY sound like a good idea, but it's not.

Say if you were in DS, and you were soloing Earth Colossus. Then a wizard comes along that has to do the quest, and you press the 'Send Away' button.

That wouldn't be fair. Escpecially if one is trying to do the quest. And it would be used very much for a threat.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
you make a VERY good point. If only there was a way to get around this? I find it incredibly unfair yet i completley agree with your statement. do you think there is another way?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
As far as kicking wizards out, this comes up many times a month. It's a bad idea, and it's egocentric/selfish.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
also if a grandmaster is farming a boss numerous of times ( for example Gurtok Deamon in Plaza of Conquests) and if another grandmaster joins the first one will use that grandmaster until the boss is weakened enought for him to kill he/she will send that person away so the first person will get the loot from that boss so there will be MAJOR arguements in the game and on these message boards.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I find that when you ask someone to leave that they typically do.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
fancymay wrote:

Say if you were in DS, and you were soloing Earth Colossus. Then a wizard comes along that has to do the quest, and you press the 'Send Away' button.

That wouldn't be fair. Escpecially if one is trying to do the quest. And it would be used very much for a threat.

exactly, it would be used and abused way to much. It does stink that any wiz can join a battle when they want. Really there is nothing that can be done to fix it. I do not mine to much, if one wants to join, but if they do, don't stand their and say to me. "don't kill it." because they want to. No way, I will kill what I want if they invite themselves to one of my duels. After all it was my fight in the first place. I also do not like them wasting a trap I placed with a dang wand. They can use my traps as long as they use a spell for it, but, NOT A DANG WAND!

Survivor
May 26, 2009
fancymay wrote:

I have to agree with him. Maybe making a way so that doesn't make it unfair to peaple in the battle with the same quest? anyways speaking of send away buttons, why do people have to be friends with the wizard in order to send them awway from their home? I have heard my friends complain about (and i'm sure other people have) :D

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
People would be abusing the "Send Away" button. No one would be able to battle.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
The difference is that the house is yours. You have the right to remove anyone from your house that you don't want there.

However, the fights are in public areas. The monsters don't belong to you, and anyone has the right to join a battle. It would be nice if they ask beforehand.

I tend to either ask if they need help, or ask if I can join because I also need that particular monster for my quest as well. Usually the first thing I will try to do is to help the wizard with a useful shield, boost or heal.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I have been suggesting an accept/don't accept teleport button, since I joined KI.

It would work the same way the accept friends does.

It would go something like:
Your friend "wizards name" would like to teleport to you. Accept or Decline.

This would reduce some of those problems. You wouldn't be able to do anything about people running into the battle, but you could at least stop the unwanting porting without contanstly having to turn your port off and on.