Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Ice Hound Realy Gone??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Well i have been hearing from lots of people in the hatchery that you can no longer get a ice hound pet that gives you a card instead they have changed the name to Frost hound which dosent give you a card anymore and the people who got the pet before this update get to keep it and have the ice hound card.

i would like someone from KI to clarify this for me because i have been trying for a ice hound since the update i have 7 colosus and a sand colosus and not one ice hound now i have tried and tried to get that pet and knowing this pet had a card with it kept me collecting the cash to mix again.

usualy i wouldnt mind about getting the same pet as the pet i mix with but if i have missed out on a pet which gives a realy cool card with it just because i am very unlucky with getting hybrid pets i think that is very harsh.

Please get back to me cause i need to know if it is worth collecting cash again.

From Matthew

Defender
May 10, 2010
DarkerBax wrote:
Well i have been hearing from lots of people in the hatchery that you can no longer get a ice hound pet that gives you a card instead they have changed the name to Frost hound which dosent give you a card anymore and the people who got the pet before this update get to keep it and have the ice hound card.

i would like someone from KI to clarify this for me because i have been trying for a ice hound since the update i have 7 colosus and a sand colosus and not one ice hound now i have tried and tried to get that pet and knowing this pet had a card with it kept me collecting the cash to mix again.

usualy i wouldnt mind about getting the same pet as the pet i mix with but if i have missed out on a pet which gives a realy cool card with it just because i am very unlucky with getting hybrid pets i think that is very harsh.

Please get back to me cause i need to know if it is worth collecting cash again.

From Matthew

I'm not from KI but I think I know what you mean. I don't know about the card but I do know that Some players still have them. I don;t know if they are still selling them. You might be able to hatch one with like I don't know an Ice collossus and a fire cat? It's a guess don't rely on it.

Kristen SilverStone level 20 of Ice

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
lexi3223 wrote:
DarkerBax wrote:

From Matthew

I'm not from KI but I think I know what you mean. I don't know about the card but I do know that Some players still have them. I don;t know if they are still selling them. You might be able to hatch one with like I don't know an Ice collossus and a fire cat? It's a guess don't rely on it.

Kristen SilverStone level 20 of Ice

Mix with an Ice Colossus and Orthrus.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
it not really gone i know my ice wizard still has him as a pet. turn out that ice hound was a be a future promo pet. to get ice hound now you need to find a wizard that has one ice hound as pet to make a onther ice hound

William hawkgrove grandmaster in ice

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
Ah nope just saw one tonight with the card and everything. I tried to ask the guy that had it, but I think he wasn't there. I took some pictures though! It was really neat

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
i have an ice hound, but i dont think i have seen a frosthound yet, still, i hope it will come out, it will be pretty cool to have both ice dogs :-D

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
the frosthound looks like the ice hound but has two heads like the orthrus, and it gives orthrus at baby instead of ice hound at epic

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
hedgehograider96 wrote:
i have an ice hound, but i dont think i have seen a frosthound yet, still, i hope it will come out, it will be pretty cool to have both ice dogs :-D

i've been looking for someone with an ice hound to mix with me but everytime i find one they just walk away? doing thats pretty hard when they do that :-( i want to get one so bad with the ice hound card to. i want to know how exactally these players got ice hound in the first place? :?

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
DarkerBax wrote:

From Matthew
they need to bring back ice hound

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
ok- i have just read these messages, yesterday morning we hatched between our accounts the othrus and ice colossus- after many previous tries SUCCESS !!! ok- here is why i am confused, is the Ice Hound which only gives an ice card at epig not available as people here say? CAUSE WE GOT 2 OF THEM THIS MORNING. ours both have ONE head and both say card at epic!! This shocked me because all other school pet hatches, both clones of parents and the few mix we have gotten, all give card at baby !
I was expecting my poor Leira myth , who has like 7 baby orthrus to finally have a mixed pet with her school spell. LOL instead I have to wait and train a pet to epic lol, for Ice lol

ok anyways, for those who want to try for ice pet, it seems it is still there.
we had Storm pay for the orthrus and Fire paid for the colossus (think that may have helped? lol)

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
ice hound isnt gone i saw that he wasnt gone also ice hound is a REALLY GOOD SPELL for an ice because collosus is weaker then centaur but ice is a really cool school and when i am done with my life and storm wizard i will make a ice wizard i hope this help everyone

myth level 36 justin goldfist

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
The ice hound is still available at this time. Something I don't understand though and maybe someone from KI might enlighten me. When hatching our school pets, in a successful hatch for a hybrid, the card is:
1 - available at baby
2 - still the same hit, i.e. - all satyr hatched w/another school pet = a hybrid pet, with satyr, even though the appearance may change
What I don't understand is:
1 - why is the ice hound a pet that has to be trained to epic (sounds like something very special to me)?
2 - why is the ice hound an ice hound and not orthrus, card at baby?
The nightwalker 1 (successful hatch of wraith and orthrus) was formally available, basically a death minotaur, hit at ancient (another special pet). It is now a nightwalker 2, wraith hit, card at baby.
ALL other school pet hybrid hatches follow this trend, EXCEPT ice hound, which to me makes no sense and also makes the ice hound nothing special for ice anymore, whereas the nightwalker 1 remains a special pet for death.
Thank you,
Sophia StormBlade, storm gm

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Well i'm not sure I tried a bunch of times and i got 3 sandman 5 colossus and only 1 ice hound and I just made it? Idk what happens here but I bet we can fine out! Or you just have to keep trying. I know i'm an unlucky person for getting pets but this is the one I like! Keep trying you will get it. :D

[Taylor Swift lvl 50 Grand ice.]