Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grumish Greataxe Glitch?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I received the "King of the Pit" quest to fight Grumish Greataxe (the minotaur in the Entrance Hall at the Krokosphinx), so I summoned him and jumped in. Somewhere near the first couple of rounds, he cast a spell where he pawed at the ground, and I think he hit me twice. The first time he hit me, it took my health to zero (cracked globe and all), then I think he hit me again and then went back to his spot. Once he went back, around 200 health showed up in my globe. Now, I had around 1200 health when he hit me the first time. I can't recall if there were any boosts, but even so, I don't think he had very many pips so I can't see him casting a spell that did around 1000 damage, and I don't understand why my health went to zero and then suddenly ~200 points were added back. I was there alone, so I didn't have anyone to ask about it.

I did manage to win the fight so I don't have to go back and do it again, but I was just wondering what happened here, as I will have one more wizard go through this later on.

Thanks,
Cat

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
CatSydsMom wrote:
I received the "King of the Pit" quest to fight Grumish Greataxe (the minotaur in the Entrance Hall at the Krokosphinx), so I summoned him and jumped in. Somewhere near the first couple of rounds, he cast a spell where he pawed at the ground, and I think he hit me twice. The first time he hit me, it took my health to zero (cracked globe and all), then I think he hit me again and then went back to his spot. Once he went back, around 200 health showed up in my globe. Now, I had around 1200 health when he hit me the first time. I can't recall if there were any boosts, but even so, I don't think he had very many pips so I can't see him casting a spell that did around 1000 damage, and I don't understand why my health went to zero and then suddenly ~200 points were added back. I was there alone, so I didn't have anyone to ask about it.

I did manage to win the fight so I don't have to go back and do it again, but I was just wondering what happened here, as I will have one more wizard go through this later on.

Thanks,
Cat

Do you know that there are two others in the duel with him? Was it the two others who were casting spells on you?

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Of course I know that there are two others in the fight. I have four grandmasters and have done this fight many times before. I know which enemy is casting a spell on me. It's a visual game - you can SEE which one is currently attacking you.

The minotaur cast the spell. He pawed at the ground and then charged. I believe he did this twice like the normal minotaur spell that myth has. On the first charge, my health went to zero. After the second, he returned to his spot and my health went up to around 200 or so. I have never seen this happen before.

Cat

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
So, is this a glitch? Haven't heard form a staff member and was wondering what happened here. Regardless of circumstances, my health shouldn't have gone to zero and then "magically" regain some.

Cat

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
Also if you fight karuvain stargiver he will sometimes will hit you twice. :?

Hero
May 02, 2009
I think it's a glitch too because it's not just grumish greataxe, it seems that all the minotaurs have this glitch (or at least the bosses do).

A couple weeks ago I solo'ed karuvian scargiver on my grand fire, and when he used the charge natural attack, I got hit for 200 damage before he charged, and then hit me again for the same amount of damage for a total of 400 damage.

Of course I still won the fight but still. I believe this was a problem with the warhorns on cyclops lane doing similar damage which caused quite a few wizards to be defeated. They fixed that problem, but I think it's affected the minotaur bosses of the spiral (not sure if it's affected the other minotaur enemies of the spiral, but I doubt it).

I do think this needs to be fixed, because there's no reason to have them attack twice in 1 attack (except if they have the minotaur spell).

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
My guess is with all the new things that KI is adding to the game, there could be some possibilities for glitches. So i would say its just a glitch.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I don't think attacking twice is necessarily a glitch, but having my health go to zero and then regain some for no apparent reason seems to be a glitch.

Cat

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
All minotaurs in this game are myth, and myth is the only school with Two attacks, (not counting DoT), so the minotaurs should be able to use double attacks whenever they want to, as long as they have the pips.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
The same thing happened to me in briskbreeze tower. He hit me with an attack that did 85 Death damage, though I had 756 health, and I died. Though I got that 756 health back, and the boss has 1173 health, I hit 90 Damage and the boss died.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
The issue is not being attacked twice. All the minotaurs have a spell where they dig into the ground which casts a spell and then charge you which casts a second spell.
The issue is that the bug/glitch kills you no matter what your health is and then adds health points back so you can keep on fighting. I have had this happen multiple times.
The claim is true.

DeathBlossom