Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Filter out kids

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
I wish I could turn off all bubbles that are posted from kids that are under 18. I enjoy playing the game but prefer not to have conversations with young people while playing.

Some of you are taking what I wrote completely wrong... I just think it would be nice to have the ability to not see bubbles belonging to people under 18. Nothing against kids, I have two boys and think they are great! Maybe wizard101 should have a realm just for adults.. ???

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Actually you can turn off all bubbles.

I turned off bubbles because they take up too much screen space. What I have is a only the transparent chat box.

To do this, go to options>Game Play>Chat Balloons and select "Hide" from the menu to the right.

This is mostly a kids game so you will see their chat often. If this seriously annoys you, you need to exercise the use of the "Ignore" button more often.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
Just turn off your chat.

Me personally, I like talking with the kids. Many of them have taught me how to play the game and are better wizards than I and I am a pretty good one.

Community Leader
You can turn off chat bubbles, by going to spell book>options> game play options>turn off chat bubbles. Now that being said there are 10 mil wizards playing this game most of which are children as this is a family based game you will never get rid of them.

I suggest staying in perfect realms,although it might become very lonely when you need help.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
wilsontim2010 wrote:
I wish I could turn off all bubbles that are posted from kids that are under 18. I enjoy playing the game but prefer not to have conversations with young people while playing.

I am pretty sure I saw something like that in game settings. I do remember reading it somewheres.

It said display chat bubble
yes or no

unfortunly I forgot what part of the settings menu I saw this.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
wilsontim2010 wrote:

Dude not cool. Who cares how young people are? You do and you are the only person. Stop playing dumb I mean young kids can't help things. Learn a little respect for who we are!

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Zeyla wrote:
Actually you can turn off all bubbles.

I turned off bubbles because they take up too much screen space. What I have is a only the transparent chat box.

To do this, go to options>Game Play>Chat Balloons and select "Hide" from the menu to the right.

This is mostly a kids game so you will see their chat often. If this seriously annoys you, you need to exercise the use of the "Ignore" button more often.

Hope this helps.
this is a family game not a kid's game i like the way you can talk to your own kids' whats wrong with parents talking with their own kids'. Sincerly, Destiny LifeBlossom master of life

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
fourmyant wrote:
Dude not cool. Who cares how young people are? You do and you are the only person. Stop playing dumb I mean young kids can't help things. Learn a little respect for who we are!

He is probably referring to the "annoying" ones. Several examples would be: " I need a girl" "Please gift me a mount" "Will you buy me crowns?".etc. Those are just a few examples. With a chat filter enabled like he is suggesting,the vast majority of such stuff would be filtered out. It is hard to enjoy a game sometimes with such incessant rudeness.