Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gifting with selected wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2009
I would like to be able to give some equipment (especially pets) to my daughter's wizard, and so would like some mechanism to enable gifting items between selected wizards.

For my purposes, this could be something enabled in the parental controls of the family account settings (gifting items between wizards in any of the family accounts).

Another possibility would be to allow it between wizards who have exchanged a true friends code.

Gift Giving is already a part of Wizard101.
Players can choose to purchase an item from a shopkeeper or the SHOP button on their screen, and Gift that item to another player on their Friends list.

Not all items are giftable, and only items purchased with Crowns (not gold) can be gifted. Just look for the little gift icon when you're shopping, select an item and click on Gift.

This Gift giving feature is controlled through Parental Controls. Players over the age of 18 will be able to send Gifts to any other player on their Friends list. Players under the age of 18 will need to enable this feature through the Parental Controls on their account.

Players CANNOT trade items they already own to other accounts. The only items that can be traded between two different accounts are non-Enchanted Treasure Cards and the trading of items other than non-Enchanted Treasure Cards will NOT be added to Wizard101.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
SectionEight wrote:
I would like to be able to give some equipment (especially pets) to my daughter's wizard, and so would like some mechanism to enable gifting items between selected wizards.

For my purposes, this could be something enabled in the parental controls of the family account settings (gifting items between wizards in any of the family accounts).

Another possibility would be to allow it between wizards who have exchanged a true friends code.

I think this person is not really talking about gifting but being able to trade items between accounts they own.

For example, you have farmed up 10 life banshees or 15 lvl 45+ swords on one account, but the other account cant get these items to save their souls. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to trade, not gift, between accounts owned by the same person?

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I knew about that, and trading treasure cards. I was referring to trading or gifting other items (drops especially), but only between selected wizards within a family account - not between just any wizards meeting in the game.

I realize this could be abused if it were wide open.

Again, I reiterate:

Players cannot trade items they already own to other accounts. The only items that can be traded between two different accounts are non-Enchanted Treasure Cards and the trading of items other than non-Enchanted Treasure Cards will not be added to Wizard101.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
If all the wizards are on the same account, couldn't you put the item in the shared bank and the otehr wizard can get it there ? I don't have a family account, just my personal one, but if it works for me, shouldn't it work for you ?

ChickenMcFuggits wrote:
If all the wizards are on the same account, couldn't you put the item in the shared bank and the otehr wizard can get it there ? I don't have a family account, just my personal one, but if it works for me, shouldn't it work for you ?

No. A Family of Accounts is two or more accounts linked together for billing purposes only.
Each account has a separate username and password and therefore cannot exchange items (other than non-enchanted treasure cards) between accounts.