Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Really Good Reason to Stop Complaining.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
I was browsing the message boards when I came across a post by Wolfsun:
Wolfsun wrote:
PvP in Wizard 101 is nothing but a chess game with cards. You have to learn to think 2 or 3 moves ahead.

It really made me think about how people complain about PvP. Instead of complaining, how about learning to defeat them?
I know a "problem" for many people is the age-old "overpowered" Judgement. Being a Balance wizard myself, I do not always win in fact I've been losing more now than ever I went down from a Knight to a Private in about four or five matches!

But more relevant to the topic, instead of trying to ban Judge or asking for a Balance shield (Which would, by the way, go against Balance's history which is why the don't have one in the first place), learn to defeat a Balance instead. Your "Not Talking" strategy does not even matter once you know they are Balance.

It is obvious they are saving for Judgement so shield yourself. Give them weaknesses. Hit them with damage so much they have to heal.
There's how to defeat a Balance.

Another "problem" in PvP are Myth Wizards and Orthrus. But of course, they're not any posts about Orthrus being a problem, only Judgement. (Just thought I'd make a point)

Orthrus or let's call it "the doggie" 'cause it's easier to say.
For the doggie use the same strategy as for a Balance, shield, weakness, and fight.
I almost win every time against a Mythy with that strategy.

Now we ALL (Don't take this serious Storm Wizards!) HATE WILD BOLT! But it can be easily brought down to size with (Yet again) towers and weaknesses. If you are Balance a Black Mantle can be extremely useful.

So now then, I've finally done it. I've taught people how to defeat the best schools in PvP just because I was sick of people complaining. I'm more angry at myself than the ones complaining...

Molly
Master Sorceress

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Well, you've got me beat then. Myth is about the only class 1v1 I really can't beat on a semi-consistent basis. My deck construction is designed toward fire, storm, and other balance. I just accept the fact that I'm going to lose to most myth wizards that aren't legally brain-dead or retarded.

It would definitely be nice if people just worked out a deck/strat to beat balance instead of whining like the kid that Santa forgot. The problem is that you're dealing with a very young populace. This is their e-version of stomping their feet and holding their breath.

I enjoy all those threads. Their tears sustain me, and bring me great joy.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
possumman14 wrote:
Well, you've got me beat then. Myth is about the only class 1v1 I really can't beat on a semi-consistent basis. My deck construction is designed toward fire, storm, and other balance. I just accept the fact that I'm going to lose to most myth wizards that aren't legally brain-dead or retarded.

It would definitely be nice if people just worked out a deck/strat to beat balance instead of whining like the kid that Santa forgot. The problem is that you're dealing with a very young populace. This is their e-version of stomping their feet and holding their breath.

I enjoy all those threads. Their tears sustain me, and bring me great joy.

My deck is right for every battle. If you are missing something, try making treasures of it, put it in your deck and your ready to go.