Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Like your wand/staff you have?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Instead of trading in your wand/staff you like, how about being able to keep it and getting it leveled up when you do? I have eight characters I play. I like having a wand/staff that looks good with them. When the chance comes to get a little more damage with a wand/staff, when you level up, why cant we have the option of stitching wands/staffs or just keep the wand/staff. Thats if you want the new wand/staff that you can get when you level up.
Example: my balance character uses a staff that hardly does any damage at all. At least ten levels difference. It matches him really well. I wish I could level up that staff to the level my character is at.
Comments?

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
Instead of trading in your wand/staff you like, how about being able to keep it and getting it leveled up when you do? I have eight characters I play. I like having a wand/staff that looks good with them. When the chance comes to get a little more damage with a wand/staff, when you level up, why cant we have the option of stitching wands/staffs or just keep the wand/staff. Thats if you want the new wand/staff that you can get when you level up.
Example: my balance character uses a staff that hardly does any damage at all. At least ten levels difference. It matches him really well. I wish I could level up that staff to the level my character is at.
Comments?

So maybe the ability to stitch wands

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
Comments?

That's an idea, like enchanting it? But W101 does not have an enchanter craft. I played a good amount of big MMO's that had let you learn the enchanting craft. It worked like all the other crafts did.

Collect a certain amount of materials to learn a new enchanting spell that you can use on your gear to make it stronger, Etc.

What I would have like to seen, but it is not in game, well as far as I could tell. The amount of cards per wand spell in deck.

They are so many times that I wish my wand cards would stop showing up all the time....Well...If you do not need the wand they show up constanly. But when you need the wand, it mysteriously disappears.

I passed on buying a lot of Wands, and Staves. Do to the amount of them it makes. Like 5, 7. etc.

As far as the original poster, yes I see your point of A Staff or wand that matches your Wiz. Well in the upper levels, a lot of the "wands" are swords, and a sword will go with anything.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Drifter69 wrote:
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
Comments?

That's an idea, like enchanting it? But W101 does not have an enchanter craft. I played a good amount of big MMO's that had let you learn the enchanting craft. It worked like all the other crafts did.

Collect a certain amount of materials to learn a new enchanting spell that you can use on your gear to make it stronger, Etc.

What I would have like to seen, but it is not in game, well as far as I could tell. The amount of cards per wand spell in deck.

They are so many times that I wish my wand cards would stop showing up all the time....Well...If you do not need the wand they show up constanly. But when you need the wand, it mysteriously disappears.

I passed on buying a lot of Wands, and Staves. Do to the amount of them it makes. Like 5, 7. etc.

As far as the original poster, yes I see your point of A Staff or wand that matches your Wiz. Well in the upper levels, a lot of the "wands" are swords, and a sword will go with anything.

Another example for me is my death character. I love to use the terminus staff rather than the sword. The whole sword jump kick thing is kind of silly. I love the hands that come out from the ground :) To me that is much more interesting

Defender
May 10, 2010
I like that Idea! I love my "staff of icy doom" But it has really low attacks. "minor ice shard" Is on it and all the attack it does is 50! Meanwhile these other staffs have "major ice shard" on it and it does 70!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Stitching wands is fine, but I like getting new wands throughout the levels (Wands, then staffs, then finally at 45+, swords :D). Just to say I am pleased with my Galvanic Blade and have gone through levels liking a change in wand. I do not want a wand that is the same for the whole game, that would bore me a little.

-Saffron Mistbringer, Level 45 Necromancer