Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shopping at stores other than the Bazzar?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
After ducking into a store in Krokotopia and discovering a quest in there, it occurred to me that except for crafting, castles and furniture, I never shop anywhere other than the bazzar. Not that it's a bad thing by itself I suppose. It just seems like the equipment in the stores aren't as good as what you can get at the bazzar. Just me?

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
narlethotep wrote:
After ducking into a store in Krokotopia and discovering a quest in there, it occurred to me that except for crafting, castles and furniture, I never shop anywhere other than the bazzar. Not that it's a bad thing by itself I suppose. It just seems like the equipment in the stores aren't as good as what you can get at the bazzar. Just me?

Most of the Stores in W101 are just upgrades of the general area gear. For example:

You complete Marleybone, and now you are instructed to go to Mooshu. But wait, you notice you are still geared from Marleybone. So the first thing you must do is upgrade your gear for Mooshu.

Basicly a cheaper way to upgrade your gear, from the lower level zones.
Bazaar has gear from people getting drops, while the players venture threw the zones. So why use the game shops, if you can get a better stated gear from the zone you are in from the Bazaar?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The game shops are there for convenience and for the players who aren't aware that the Bazaar exists. Some things that shops do and the Bazaar doesn't:

1) The shops carry Crowns items.

2) Certain shops sell items the Bazaar doesn't (i.e. the Pet and Castle shops).

3) The shops will always have their items in stock, while the Bazaar might be out of an item.

4) The shops will buy "No Auction" items.

Advantages of the Bazaar:

1) The Bazaar generally buys for more and sells for less than the shops do.

2) The Bazaar can carry just about everything that isn't listed "No Auction", meaning most things that are created by players (e.g. by Crafting), dropped by enemies, awarded for completing quests, etc.