Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bazaar needs a Buy in Bulk Option

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
When I wish to craft something, I often go to the Bazaar to but the basic ingredients. However, the fact that you can only buy reagents one at a time, when some recipes require HUNDREDS of the said reagents, needs to be changed. It gets annoying when you have to buy 125 mist woods or ore, and your only way to get them is click a hundred times. It's boring and seems unnecessary to me.

What KI should do is add a "Buy in Bulk" feature to the Bazaar, so that you have an option to buy multiple items at a time with one purchase. For example if I needed 25 pieces of Ore, instead of clicking "buy" 25 times you would click "Buy in Bulk" and type in how many pieces of Ore you want to buy. In this case 25.

Please add this feature KI. It would make buying reagents a lot easier and would improve the Bazaar a lot.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I agree, selling and buying in levels of bulk would be very useful. I can't count the wasted time I've spent buying a single reagent multiple times. It is frustration, I harvest, craft and buy reagents, but waste more time buying reagents one at a time due to rarity of reagents respawning slowly, it would be great if we could by in bulk bunches of 10, 20, 30, etc especially given many of the requirements for the complex Master Artisan recipes or component recipes.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I can agree to buy in bulk at the regular reagent vendor, but NOT at the bazaar.

The reagents at the bazaar are what other people have sold. Some of them are rare, such as the black pearl, diamond, scrap iron, and springs. It would not be fair to others if someone went in and bought all the ones that are there in one fell swoop.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Hero
May 27, 2009
It would be nice, but in reality, I don't know that you could do that at the Bazaar. A regular shop, yes, where the inventory is fixed and unlimited, but at the Bazaar, the numbers fluctuate too much. If there are only 100 Bronze Gears, and eleven people each click that they want to buy 10 at a time, who gets left out? It's frustrating enough as it is trying to click fast enough to buy the only Diamond or Black Pearl that appears. Can you imagine seeing that there were 100 of something, but your transaction was unsuccessful and they're all gone in the blink of an eye?

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
i agree. bazaar, would be quite annoying and irksome, whereas the stores would be perfect.

also since bulk buying of black lotus, scrap iron, and lava lilies won't happen i think we should be able to bulk transfigure.

matthew titan shard 49 storm

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
It would be nice, but in reality, I don't know that you could do that at the Bazaar ... at the Bazaar, the numbers fluctuate too much. If there are only 100 Bronze Gears, and eleven people each click that they want to buy 10 at a time, who gets left out?

The solution is fairly simple:

1. Elik is allowed to carry 1000 of each reagent
2. Players can buy or sell up to 25 of a thing at a time
3. Prices are adjusted so that more people want to sell when Elik runs low, and nobody wants to sell when Elik is nearly full.

This is my only remaining frustration with crafting. The Bazaar is a major help, but I waste more time at Elik's than I do collecting reagents.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
Ya that's true with the whole bazaar changing thing. I agree with buy in bulk for the reagent vendors, not bazaar :)

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
superluther wrote:
I can agree to buy in bulk at the regular reagent vendor, but NOT at the bazaar.

The reagents at the bazaar are what other people have sold. Some of them are rare, such as the black pearl, diamond, scrap iron, and springs. It would not be fair to others if someone went in and bought all the ones that are there in one fell swoop.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

I would agree with you, except that the fact that those reagents are so rare, by the time someone clicked the Buy in Bulk feature, typed in the amount they want, and clicked ok, somebody else would have already bought that reagent using the regular Buy button. Under my idea you don't HAVE to choose the Buy in Bulk option, you can also use the regular buy button. This would prevent people from buying rare reagents like black lotus and blood moss all at one time.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I admit my support of bazaar bulk buy option isn't feasible given the auction nature, but the limited amount of items that reagent vendors offer is frustrating as well. Perhaps a Reagent Market where they are bought and sold in bulk units only. Would make selling and buying easier and less frustrating that one at a time.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Krailzec wrote:
I admit my support of bazaar bulk buy option isn't feasible given the auction nature, but the limited amount of items that reagent vendors offer is frustrating as well. Perhaps a Reagent Market where they are bought and sold in bulk units only. Would make selling and buying easier and less frustrating that one at a time.

About the Rare Reagents in the Bazaar, and the bulk option? Well if the Rare Reagent was worth a good amount of gold for just 1, Not an over whelming amount, but a few hundred gold for 1, then there would be a lot more in the Bazaar because people would farm, and sell, farm, and sell to get that gold, then the Bulk option COULD work.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
There ought to be a buy in bulk option from reagent vendors. I'd also like to see a sell in bulk option.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2009
Actually I think everyone is thinking too small

Buy in Bulk EVERYWHERE!!

Like with the Bazaar when there is 100 mistwood- you would get to just buy 100 mistwood at a price in the median of what it usually goes for. Since the bazaar IS based on supply/demand. That was my first thought, I guess at least I had one???

And the reagant vendors! One I wish they sold more items because I HATE relying on the Bazaar and Two YES to bulk, that is an easy one there for KI to do! (ok no i don't know software so can't totally say that is easy since i have no REAL clue, but hey it sounds right, right??)

Jen