Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting table confusion..

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2010
Would just like some clarity to all the tables and the recipe listings. any help is appreciated. I have already read the guide , and just would like a little more info.

The crafting anvil in DS. I have seen it also referred to on some fan pages as the Dragonspyre crafting station. Is that the correct term ? What can you craft on it ?

The clothing equipment vendors in DS all have dragonspyre crafting table listed on their recipes as the place to craft the item. So clothing items should be crafted on the crafted anvil in DS? or should it be a equipment crafting station?

In Grizzleheim the recipe vendor who sells the house that can be crafted has most of his recipes needing a Grizzleheim crafting station. Is this another secret crafting station like the crafting anvil in DS ? or you use the housing/equipment crafting station to create his recipes ?

I found out the jewel crafting table is just a drop and not used for anything but decor , is that correct?

The lady in DS also sells a gem cutting table for crowns. ( hope I am not getting that mixed up with the jewel crafting) What is the gem cutting table used for ?

For KI , if that one table is a drop and not needed for anything , please remove it , I am confused enough as it is : ) and , if possible , update those vendor pages to list basic , housing , equipment , card etc . because I can not buy a dragonsypre crafting station and a grizzleheim crafting station as you have listed. Thanks : )

Hero
May 27, 2009
Seems like you're making it more complicated than it is. As you have seen, each recipe indicates which Crafting Station it must be crafted on. The Level 44 Gear and several of the Master Artisan only housing items must be crafted on the Dragonspyre Crafting Station, which you must travel to to use. Same with the Grizzleheim Crafting Station -- any item which says it must be crafted there, you have to travel to it. These are higher level items, and so require a special place to craft them.

The rest of the Crafting Stations you can keep in your house, or in your bank, or even in your shared bank so that all your wizards can use them. You receive the Basic Station from Eudora when you begin your crafting career, and the others can be bought at the Bazaar or from Furniture Vendors throughout the Spiral. All pet snacks require the Basic Crafting Station, and all Reagent Transmute recipes require the Card Crafting Station. You start needing the Equipment Crafting Station when you get to Mooshu crafting tasks.

I agree that those other tables kind of add to the confusion, as you are not the first I have seen post this question. They existed in the game way before crafting came out, and are merely housing items.

Defender
May 31, 2010

So the recipes that list dragonspyre crafting station , and grizzleheim crafting station both use the crafting anvil in dragonspyre ? Or is there another type of crafting anvil in grizzleheim ? I saw the one in DS , never seen one in grizzle.

and the gem cutting table that Nessa sells for crowns ,listed with the crafting table , it just house decor ? and the jewel crafting table is also just house decor ?

Thanks for you help with the other tables , I am becoming familiar with them , a few more black pearls and I can finish my crimson book stands for my master artisian badge.
I am in the process now of making myself a list of things I want to craft including some of the grizzleheim furniture. and seeing all those different crafting stations listed , is just more than a little confusing.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Back near the waterfalls, there is a door that is now labeled "Hall of the Ice Forge" that is the Grizzleheim crafting station. It's pretty cool. Anyone can go in, I think, but you have to be Master Artisan to use it.

I hope you have fun with crafting as you get more familiar with it. I really like it as a break from questing.

Defender
May 31, 2010
Wow ,

Thanks for all of the info. I never knew about the crafting station in grizzleheim , even though I have finished all of the quest for that area. You have been so helpful .

Can I ask one more question about crafting ? How can you tell what level of crafting is needed in order to craft a recipe? Currently the ones that are master for me , are greyed out , so that is easy . But for all the recipes I can now buy , is there a way for me to find out if they are novice , adept , etc?

I know it shouldn't matter if I can already buy the recipe , but I would like to put together a crafting guide in the future for our young wizards and would like to be able to list what recipes can be purchased at each crafting level.

Hero
May 27, 2009
In order to see those levels, you'll need a smaller wizard with less experience. The only time it will tell you what level you need to be is if you aren't high enough.