Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday - 08-06-10

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Welcome to the first Feedback Friday! From time to time, we'd like to put out a call for your thoughts, opinions, and ideas on one specific burning question or topic. We'll start things out with the topic. You'll post your feedback in this thread on that subject (and only that subject, please - the rest of the message board is open for you to comment on other topics). It's just that easy!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Without further ado, here is the first one - make your own quest! If it were up to you, and you had the whole spiral at your fingertips, what would you do? Here are the rules:
1. Must use existing characters in game.
2. No more than 10 steps long.
3. Each dialogue snippet must be less than a tweet's length (140 characters) and no more than 3 snippets per step.
4. Let us know what sort of loot/experience/gold/etc you'd give as a reward.

Example:
1. Falmea, “I’m very hungry today. I brought my lunch to school with me but I forgot an important part – the hot sauce!” “I know that Professor Balestrom has been working on a new super-powered hot sauce designed to be the perfect level of spiciness.” “Can you see if I can borrow a drop or two?”
2. Balestrom, “Oh, that sauce? I had shelved it because I didn’t have enough fire essences.” “I think magma men might have them. If you bring a few back for me, I can continue my work and Professor Falmea can be my first test subject!”
3. The questing wizard must defeat 4 magma men and return to Professor Balestrom.
4. Narrator, “Balestrom takes the essences from you and puts it in a half-full bottle and shakes it around a bit. It seethes and starts to smoke a bit.” Balestrom, “Perfect! Deliver this to Falmea and let me know what she thinks.”
5. Narrator, “You hand the bottle to Professor Falmea. She pours a drop on her lunch and takes a taste and begins to choke and cough.” Falmea, “This is not hot sauce at all! It tastes like rotten eggs." "Could you be a dear and give the Professor the bad news while I get this taste out of my mouth?”
6. Narrator, “You tell Professor Balestrom that his experiment didn’t go as planned.” Balestrom, “Oh dear, oh my. Well, I guess it’s back to the drawing board. Can you take Dalia this gift as an apology?”
7. Falmea, “Oh, he shouldn’t have. One of my firecat’s favorite snacks! Here, why don’t I share some with you since you did my dirty work…”
Reward: 3 Flaming Carrots and 50 gold

I'm sure you can do better! Very much looking forward to reading your handiwork!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
GH needs some badges given out (in general), a quest for all level 30 and aboves, yielding LOOT of plenty! Possibly a task where we must defeat Cyrus Drake like 5 times or something like that. The reward is being the Nice Myth Teacher for the day. Our 2 cents. (Me and the kids!) special badges for those skilled grandmasters that take down big bosses with only their class spells, no treasures, test of skill in class, so to speak.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2009
here is and idea! how about when every wizzard levels up to level 46 we all get a quest to help out a penny dreadful again and we go to her and she says:Can you help me? I have lost my wand. I droped it in dragons mouth cave in golem court please go get it for me. and then when we get in there its a dungeon and the rest is up to you guys

from, Samuel Death Hunter

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
(Starts at your school proffesor)

(could be preview to hard version if made)

1.I need you to go get me some water from the lake in the commons.
2.Get water and you here narrorrator say"As you get the water a voice says"I have found favor in you .You shall wield great power"".
3.You go back to your teacher that tells you to go to Ambrose and tell him what you saw.
4.Ambrose"You need to be careful, the fact that you have had favor means the trials will be harder than others

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Well, my idea isn't so much a quest as it is a completely new addition to Wizard101. Here's my idea...

Create something (a billboard, book pedestal, etc...) in every town center (the commons, regents square etc...) that allows wizards to team up with other wizards for any of that world's towers and dungeons. It will elimate that whole "waiting around, just hoping someone will walk up that needs this dungeon too" scenario and shave time off questing. Wizards can use it to join/create teams for any particular dungeon/tower for a quest, or just to find other people to farm with!

Here's an example...

I need to do sunken city, but none of my friends are online. what am I to do? just wait around near the sigil hoping someone will run up? no! go to the commons and look in the billboards. From there you can select which dungeon you need, click it then see a whole list of other wizards who need/want to do it too. Then you can create or join a team of wizards who all want to do your dungeon, once the team is full you will all be ported to the sigil and you're ready to go! It a great way to help wizards team up for a common goal! :D

hope you enojoyed my idea!

sincerly,
Valdus DeathWielder- grandmaster necromancer
Willaim StormForge- master diviner
Edward WillowWhisper- master theurgist
William DarkHeart- grandmaster sorcerer
Dakota DarkFlame- journeyman pyromancer

Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
My idea is that after you kill Malistaire, you could be able to make your own spells! You could possibly go into a little creator, and make your card, and depending on your level and school there would be a different damage limit. You could choose some simple movements and attacks, then you would be able to buy it as a treasure card or learn it! This is actually my sis's idea though

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
Dear KingsIsle i have many ideas for Wizard101 i would love it if your team could create lvl 60 clothing and maby for the fire school they have magma flowing all over the suit and maybe some cloths sparkle or maybe more advanced mounts my opinion on the mounts are uncreative i was thinking maybe a horse that looks like ghostly and maybe pets that can tell you what they want to do Thank you so much for reading my post and hopefuly many of my ideas come to reality THANKS emenem7788

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
head master ambrose "I am needing a wizard such as yourself to go to unicorn way and defeat rattlebones, he stole my lunch and i need to eat "
"I am old you know."
Rattlebone "This will make a nice lunch for me and the fairy queen!"
once you defeat him Rattlebones "I don't have the lunch my fairy queen does!"
Fairy Queen "Fine here just take but please spare my life!"
Ambrose "Thank you for the help autumn."
A myth leprechaun pet a dimond carrot and 20 gold
that is my quest!

Defender
May 09, 2009
at dragonspire in dragons roost

ghost of the headmaster: "quick young wizard we need to open the escape rout to evade the dragon titans army." "you will need rocks from avalanche, kraysys broach, and a gurtoks sword"

after collecting the items, narrator: "you hand the old headmaster the items" head master, "well done. now take these to the center of the platform and chant these words. patefacio validus obduco via"

narrator: "you speak the words and a passageway opens beneath your feet."

headmaster: "good work. now you are free to explore this new area. simply speak the words every time you wish to enter."

reward: 200 gold 1850 XP

Community Leader
Few Suggestions: why not more treasure cards drops? it's nice to get gold or loot. but i think we need more treasure cards being dropped since we can't trade anymore. And why not start dropping Celestia like items and reagents? Make it fun for us to search for Celestia items while we are waiting for the new world. New clothes loot too. The current items we get are starting to become boring. And make it a bit more valuable. I think we need a lot more feminine clothes. Girls do like to change clothes often. Also why not new reagents for new recipes? You can have for example, Prof. Falmea say something like, "I have heard that there's a new reagent that is being dropped by the Magma Men. Could you get this much for me? I want to research it." Then again, "Also there's a new reagent with the Trolls." blah blah Then at the end, say "i have discovered a new reagent or spell! Please make this recipe/spell and bring it to me." Blah blah lol. Or have prof falmea send you on errands to get reagents and give it to other characters in the game that needs it. Then other characters do the same, send you off on errands. That kind of thing. And also maybe if gold is being dropped, it be a bigger amount.

Also, why not give Zeke new quests for us to do?

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
Here's an idea! How about making some new school based furniture other then just plaques and banners. I have a death house and its really difficult to find anything to furnish the inside with. please think about it ;)

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
cheyinza wrote:
Few Suggestions: why not more treasure cards drops? it's nice to get gold or loot. but i think we need more treasure cards being dropped since we can't trade anymore. And why not start dropping Celestia like items and reagents? Make it fun for us to search for Celestia items while we are waiting for the new world. New clothes loot too. The current items we get are starting to become boring. And make it a bit more valuable. I think we need a lot more feminine clothes. Girls do like to change clothes often. Also why not new reagents for new recipes? You can have for example, Prof. Falmea say something like, "I have heard that there's a new reagent that is being dropped by the Magma Men. Could you get this much for me? I want to research it." Then again, "Also there's a new reagent with the Trolls." blah blah Then at the end, say "i have discovered a new reagent or spell! Please make this recipe/spell and bring it to me." Blah blah lol. Or have prof falmea send you on errands to get reagents and give it to other characters in the game that needs it. Then other characters do the same, send you off on errands. That kind of thing. And also maybe if gold is being dropped, it be a bigger amount.

Also, why not give Zeke new quests for us to do?
what is this?

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
why do you make dragonspyre so hard for wizards we always lose to bosses and its not very fun losing at all maybe make the bosses less harder and less health that would make it more fun and better for all wizards and why make life so weak life wizards only have fifth attack spells you should start making more spells for life

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
i have an idea there should be a quest from the biggame hunter to duel some specaial monstors or something

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
I think that the boss dude that looks like a zebra thats in golem court should give you a quest to defeat the most powerful monster and two other hard monsters for some good xp. And also i think you should add more mounts, like for each school,or just add good ones for girls and ones for boys. here are some example:

BOY MOUNTS :
shark
Flame feet...fire out the feet in different colors
Lightning board....lookes like a lightning stike but its like a surf board
Red Drake dragon that crawls
GIRL MOUNTS:
Centuar...looks like one
Cloud surf board

Survivor
May 21, 2009
I think that there sould be a quest where you get pets because I only know two. The final pet and the pet you get from Penny Dreadful.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
1. Your school teacher ( example "Moolinda Wu") gives you a star.

2. You take it to Marley-Bone ( must be level 25 or more ).

3. You drop it in the DogFish Fountain.

4. Either a Triton,Evil Snowman,or a Phonix comes to give you a bejewled star.

5. You come back to your school teacher and gives you a diffrent kind of power pet ( not the ones from level 48 ).

Survivor
May 26, 2009
:-)thats good idea
braineeakman wrote:
Well, my idea isn't so much a quest as it is a completely new addition to Wizard101. Here's my idea...

Create something (a billboard, book pedestal, etc...) in every town center (the commons, regents square etc...) that allows wizards to team up with other wizards for any of that world's towers and dungeons. It will elimate that whole "waiting around, just hoping someone will walk up that needs this dungeon too" scenario and shave time off questing. Wizards can use it to join/create teams for any particular dungeon/tower for a quest, or just to find other people to farm with!

Here's an example...

I need to do sunken city, but none of my friends are online. what am I to do? just wait around near the sigil hoping someone will run up? no! go to the commons and look in the billboards. From there you can select which dungeon you need, click it then see a whole list of other wizards who need/want to do it too. Then you can create or join a team of wizards who all want to do your dungeon, once the team is full you will all be ported to the sigil and you're ready to go! It a great way to help wizards team up for a common goal! :D

hope you enojoyed my idea!

sincerly,
Valdus DeathWielder- grandmaster necromancer
Willaim StormForge- master diviner
Edward WillowWhisper- master theurgist
William DarkHeart- grandmaster sorcerer
Dakota DarkFlame- journeyman pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
What about a quest that brings back the other "girl" trees in DragonSpyre Academy. It would be so cute to have them "grow" back or at least have their ghosts return. It just seems so sad that they are gone. You could have a quest for each one.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Well here's my idea,
Step one
Sir Regenold Baxby (in wizard city), " Young wizard Can you please tell Cyrus Drake that I require a Glittering robe for a hunt I am trying to take down?

I'll make it worth your while..."
Step 2
Cyrus, "You say Regenald is looking for a GLITTERING robe?!? Why Those are so rare I can't even find ONE in exsistance...
500xp 200 gold
Wait... I know the emperor of Mooshu has seen one before, maybe he can help you. Keep me informed I want to see it as well."
Step 3
Emperor of mooshu (when he's healthy), A glittering robe? Awwwe yes, I remember it well,
500xp 200 gold
It gave one of my biggest enemies the power to thwart me... When I defeated him I took it and hid it.

It has be seperated into three parts, the hood, the cloak, and, the shoes.
They now hang in seperate cases in the marleybone museum..."
Step four
Mayor Pimsbury, "Your inquiring about the Glittering robe?"
750 xp 300 gold
The mayor looks saddened...

I am sorry young wizard, It has been stolen by meowiarty. However I saw him pass it to malistaire when he came to free him.

I'm sure malistaire has it now, and with the power of the robe he has the power to do horrible things..."
Step five
You enter dragonspyre and find a dull colored robe with boots and hat to match in front of the spiral doorway, show the mayor of marleybone.
Step six
Pimsbury, "THATS IT!!! thats the Glittering myth robe! It has been drained of its color though,
250xp 100 gold
Talk to professor drake in Ravenwood he should know whats wrong."

Step seven

"Cyrus drake, My Word! Its the glittering myth robe! Its been drained you say?"
reward 500 xp and 200 gold

"Ah yes, It needs to be recharged."
"Take it into the world tree, I will gather my fellow teachers..."
Inside the world tree...

Ambrose, Amazing young wizard! you found a robe that could give us the power to defeat malistaire!
(the teachers form a circle around the center of the tree where you stand holding the robe)
step eight

Ambrose, Young wizard we are going to infuze the robe with magic stand very still...

(The teachers each infuze the robe with magic, represented by the colors the robe now eminates.)

Wizard that robe is now power filled, take it to baxby he can use it then we need it back!

Step nine,
Baxby, Wow wizard that was very fast!
(baxby begins to shimmer and sparkle revealing he is none other then MALISTAIRE!!)

Malistaire, "I planted the cloak there knowing you would find it and have it recharged...
I now understand why ambrose favors you so much...
If you ever go to the evil side, give me a call, I could use someone compotent like yourself. Farewell."

Back in merle's office
Eye of bartleby! that was really malistaire? Wow I am sorry wizard
Here is a training point and some gold for you trouble, sorry.
+1 training point, 5000xp, 1000gold
Hope you like it feel free to change the rewards didn't know what was suitable,
Warmest regards
Jordan of the life school.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
This is not a quest but it is an add on to the game. if you are a subscriber and have bought crowns and you decide yo spend those crowns on a dragon mount. you should be able to open your map and press the button fly and there should be like a new world were only people with dragon mounts to get to. this special world contains new quest to loot and dragon training. were once you master you dragon you get a dragon card. examples... Pink dragon Pink dragon card Blue dragon Blue dragon card and so on. the pip cost for these cards should be around 4-5 pips you should get 3 of these cards damage should be around 610-820. that is my idea for an add on to wizard101 hope you enjoy!

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I just wish you guys would release Celestia soon. Thats only my reply lol.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
ok so my idea is you cant get to lvl 50 without doing this quest
grandmaster trials

ambrose"you must defeat 3 bosses from every worlds" (rank set from that world)
reward 2000 gold
ambrose" now to become a full grandmaster you have to defeat me in a match head to ____(somewhere in the spiral)
reward insta-grandmaster 4000 gold and owl pet (with card)

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
How about create another spot for the 7th character? It would be great if people can experience all different school magic. It pretty crazy that WC have 7 schools but you can only have 6 characters.