Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Satyr Pet for Life

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2008
While talking with the KingsIsle Staff at this year's GenCon, I mentioned that I was a little disappointed with Life's Level 48 pet of the Satyr. When asked what I would prefer, or how to fix it, I gave them a rather detailed reply. So, rather than post it in my general coverage of GenCon, I thought I'd make a formal comment here so that other Life Wizards could also provide their ideas/concerns.

My biggest issue with the Satyr is that it provides a spell we already have rather than something new. My other issue is that, with the Rebirth Tree spell, we have two healing spells when we reach that level. Granted, Life is primarily a healing school when we team with other wizards but when we solo we do have attack roles too. Our most powerful attack spell is Centaur and he isn't very powerful compared to the other schools' Level 48 spells. Rather than a pet that gives me a healing spell I already have, I would have much preferred something like a Black Unicorn that would have provided a multi-attack comprable to the other schools.

Hopefully, our cool guys and gals at KingsIsle will give some thought to this and, perhaps, either tweak the Satyr or help the Life crew out in Celestia with a more powerful attack spell.

Thanks very much.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Thank you for finally speaking up, these message boards aren't quite getting our message out, but a great conversation at GenCon [ forgive me if I spelled that wrong ] would surely put a little note in there head.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I totally agree but I have an idea. Considering they won't change the life pet how about a mount? When the cap is raised there should be a school quest to get school mounts and life should get an attack spell as their mount. I like your idea of a black unicorn that would attack all of them. :)

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
well for the second comment: no cause it doesn't give the right advantage i mean all the other schools have same attack spells in there pet and then you get a mount and we get a pet no one notices? now the thing with it giving satyr spell ya thats messed up getting a spell that you learn NOT FROM QUEST a spell everyone learns if they want at lvl 22 mmmm ya not right.

i mean now the pet thats a pet people notice its dances so thats a advantage i guess but maybe the spell is like black satyr that instead poisons the enemy with its music XD XD XD maybe?!?! XD

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Defender
May 28, 2009
jhen586 wrote:
well for the second comment: no cause it doesn't give the right advantage i mean all the other schools have same attack spells in there pet and then you get a mount and we get a pet no one notices? now the thing with it giving satyr spell ya thats messed up getting a spell that you learn NOT FROM QUEST a spell everyone learns if they want at lvl 22 mmmm ya not right.

i mean now the pet thats a pet people notice its dances so thats a advantage i guess but maybe the spell is like black satyr that instead poisons the enemy with its music XD XD XD maybe?!?! XD
I meant all schools! I said it would be a school quest and I only mentioned the life one because it was what this topic was about.

Survivor
May 24, 2008
Thanks for joining the discussion, fellow Life wizards. Since Death has a poison spell, not sure that a Life spell should. Perhaps the Satyr pet could deliver a multi-enemy Centaur attack or some sort of blight (plays his music and the enemies wither). That would be less of a tweak than a different pet entirely and would bring the Satyr more in line with the other schools.

Please keep the ideas coming as I'm sure other Life wizards have given the matter some thought. Keep in mind that KingsIsle really does seem to listen to players' concerns (even though they can't address everything) but they can't tweak things if we don't let them know there is an issue.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
as life I could care less about having a healing card on my pet unless it is a charm that increases my healing, to fix satyr would then be to heal and then give a healing charm for life's next healing cast

That would be a sweet pet to have, although as life I tend to want some sort of strong attack on my pet as my attack cards are largely absent and even life needs to be able to advance somewhat on their own.