Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thanks for Attending GenCon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2008
Just a quick message to thank the KingsIsle staff who are doing a terrific job at this year's GenCon in Indianapolis. They are sharing a booth with Beckett and I do mean sharing. One side was devoted to Beckett and its magazines while the other had a big TV running the Wizard 101 display. I arrived early enough that I was able to have a nice chat with everyone at the booth.

Once I identified myself as a Wizard 101 player, the Beckett fellow gave me a code for 2500 crowns and handed me over to the KingsIsle gang. For those who think the designers and programmers don't "care" about this game...you're wrong. They are very much concerned with the quality of the game for their players and were anxious to hear the opinions, concerns, comments, from the visitors to their booth. When I identified myself as a beta player, their questions came even faster. What do I like about the game? Dislike? How did I find out about it to become beta? How do we make our game better and more enjoyable for the players?

While I spoke mainly with Jeff (and thank you so much for my charming Abracadoodle of my dragon pet), the others were taking with other visitors. I couldn't remember all the questions we've raised but I do know that they actively read the forums here and try to address everything. Jeff wanted to know what my school was. I told him Life Grandmaster with Fire as a secondary. He thought that was astonishing and an odd combination. When I pointed out that I solo a great deal and that Fire balances Life with attack spells, it made sense to him.

One of the others was talking about a new KingsIsle game coming out. He didn't specify release date, title or content but did say it would be family oriented just like Wizard 101. So be sure to keep an eye open for it.

With regard to the Storm Snowman (which caused some blank looks when I asked about it), they did not have a card but took my email address to send a code later. So, if you attend GenCon, make sure you give them your email so that you will receive your code (although, no once confirmed that it would be Storm Snowman-perhaps another attendee of GenCon can get confirmation).

Many thanks, KingsIsle, for a wonderful game and for taking the time to talk with the visitors to your booth. I hope you have a great time here in Indy at GenCon.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
If this is who I think it is, it was a pleasure talking to both the KI people and yourself =)

I, as well, was impressed with their attention to what we had to say, what suggestions. When I explained my reasoning for being a Life/Storm wizard, they listened. They asked what, if any, issues we had, and it seems like the genuinely cared!

I will definitely be swinging by the booth again throughout gencon!

Survivor
May 24, 2008
I suspect you are the other Life wizard I spoke with who has recently discovered the game and is working through the mid-tier (level 30) quests? I very much enjoyed meeting you as well; particularly as you brought up some points that had not occured to me so KingsIsle would have that information too. I think KingsIsle's presence at GenCon is tremendous and I am sure there will be many wizards stopping by with their questions and concerns.

Happy gaming, my fellow Life wizard, and hope to see you around the Spiral.

Savannah Griffincloud
GM Life

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Aye, I was the other life wizard who was there. I definitely hope to run into you out there!

Survivor
May 05, 2010
GenCon was great. I enjoyed chatting with everyone at the booth. I was too late myself, but no one told me about getting my email...

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
I was there today and got to meet the artist of the Abracadoodles. I can't remember his full name though what was it? Jeff something? Thanks

Defender
May 21, 2009
I wasn't at GenCon ( I envy the people that talked to KI ) soooo, I wonder what was it like there? Did KI talk about Celestia? Or anything else that KI talked about? Soooo if you attended GenCon can you tell us ( the Wizard101 community ) anything about it. Thank you for reading!

Christopher JadeBlade
lvl.50 Theurgist
Savior of the Spiral

Survivor
May 24, 2008
In my case, the Kings Isle gang seemed more interested in asking me questions than letting me ask mine. I got the impression that they were really anxious to find out how the players feel about the game, what works, what doesn't, what needs to be tweaked. Jeff did tell Dalisho and myself that Celestia was going to be a "big" world. He also indicated that the Staff was very pleased at how Grizzleheim was brought into the game and that future additions would be on that model. I ran out of time with him as others were waiting to speak with him so I could not get clarification.

I assume (and this is conjecture on my part-perhaps Staff could address this) that he meant that the new worlds would be available but access to different areas would depend on a wizard's level (such as the first quest gains you access to the initial Spiral door area but a higher level will be required to get additional quests the way you needed to be level 20 to get the first real quest in Grizzleheim).

I don't know if Celestia is based on that model though or if wizards will need to be Grands or not to even enter.

Survivor
May 05, 2010
My experience was quite the same. They were more interested in my experience and thoughts especially since I'm an older gamer. I was more than happy to share my ideas and experiences. I love this game and only want it to prosper. I also do computer programming, so had ideas on my different subjects. I just wish I could have gone back home with them all to work on the game I enjoy so much!

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
what happens if a new pet is made and it's never gonna be on wizard101

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
i wasnt at gencon but one of my friends said it was great. i was wondering when celestia would be open and how hard the bosses would be. is it like all the other schools ? or is it those main schools there. i'm balance annd myth
i was wondering would the schools be powerful and what level do you learn them at also can you choose it as your first school? thx keira109 :D

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Love the fact that GENCON was a rousing success! Congrats to the guys and gals who help 'Keep Austin Weird" :)

When might there be an event in the Austin area? Or at least tours of the K.I. Studios? Some of us are rather close to the Domian....

Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
Although my sister and I couldn't attend this year :( we REALLY hope we can go next year. I look forward to learning about all your new stuff!

All the best,
StBerdoodle56

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
I really wish i could go but i couldnt. Since one of my family members went he told me everything about it. I could tell that it was so much fun and everyting was great. But for all you people who think the creators dont care they do! And also for all you haters this is for you!

Community Leader
Wow ,what a great statement TinkerBlue.

I do wish i lived closer to where GenCon was I would of been right there but a lash I do not maybe one day Kingsisle will be able to come to my area.
Simply wonderful to here all the amazing things you got to talk about TinkerBlue.

Thank you so very much

Your friend,
Paige MoonShade

Survivor
May 11, 2009
Even though I wasn't able to attend GenCon just by all the comments that were posted I am going to beg to go next year, because I to have an idea for Wizard101. Everything is running great but I share an acount with my sister, maybe could the staff of Wizard101 could make it to were to people can log on to one accont at a time? Just an idea i wanted to shout out. Another reason why though is because I have a level 49 Life secondary Death, and my sister has a level 34 Balance secondary Death, and I wanted to be a Life student to help anyone whoever needed it. So I was thinking one day, how cool would it be to help out my own sister :D. So, staff of Wizard101, if you read this please do whatever you can to help. Wizard101 is the best ! I'm Kane Emeraldshard level 49 Life and Death!

Survivor
May 04, 2010
And you know, I'll be the first to admit, after talking to the W101 guys, I have 100% more interest in this game. And being a software developer (nothing fun like games yet), it made me want to aspire to work for a company like KI. I'd love to meet the whole crew next time!

And if KI is watching this, I'm looking for work =)

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
Grim Reaper747: Don't allow Earthquake to remove Stun Shields, because people still chain its. They schools you use to chain with are too myths and too storms alternating stunning its easy to figure out. Sooooo! If you stop that will make PvP A LOT MORE FAIR :D, and it will end chain stunning for now at least! :D XD Thanks for taking the time to read my comment! I will post a lot more! :P

Sincerely, Chris Soul Rider Death Grandmaster

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Survivor
Dec 06, 2009

I really wished that I could have gone to Gen Con this year, if only to visit the KingsIsle booth. But due to issues at work I was unable to get my vacation time approved. (Getting swag from judging for the Living Forgotten Realms game would have been a close second for reasons for attending.)

Anyways, I really hope that they had a good booth and will be attending future conventions where I might be able to see the goings on.

Liam Rubysmith (fire/life)

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
I Love Wizard 101 but i couldn't go to gencon. I heard it was great. Keep on working with wiz 101.

:( Thanks,
Paige LegendSheild
LvL. 41 Master Myth Wizard
Realm. Ambrose
Area 1.
Peacemaker
Grizzelehiem

Defender
May 21, 2009
I thought that KingsIsle would be more open to the players questions. Its actually quite shocking to me. But they probably want to keep Celestia a mystery so things are exciting. Thank you Tinker Blue for your information on GenCon. Thank you for reading!

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I wasn't there but did KI say anything about when Celestia will come out?

Plz answer Thanks! :-)

Survivor
Jul 20, 2010
i am a level eight teen almost level twenty i am just so glad my brother let me use his 20 dollars to get me a wizard101 card this game is so cool i get on like everyday! i didn't know what the test realm was so i didn't know sorry i like wizard101 though! :P it's the best game ever! i was fighting the kraken this morning to get a 1 day mount i'm still working on it lol k i am joining in the contest for taking a picture of your character and labeling the birthday contest i am going to do it i pressed subscription i didn't know what it does so i didn't get my crowns :( any way does anyone know how you can get a free castle?

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I was able to go to Gencon only for one day though. It was amazing on how the W101 guys were so helpful and also answering questions. They thought it was interesting that both me and my husband played. I myself have a Storm Grandmaster and my husband is a Fire Grandmaster. They told us that they saw the new spells that are going to be released and said that they are REALLY awesome. I just want to thank the entire staff that was there it was awesome talking to all of you!! :D :-o