Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice is too weak

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I have a level 33 Ice wizard who just completed war oni. I had to get a LOT of help for this, because ice has almost no attack spells, and the spells they do have are way too weak. Because ice is focused and shields and defenses and health, and because of their low attack power, battles take much longer than they would with other schools like fire. Another attack spell should be added, because right now the only ones my ice uses and frostbite (50 damage then 450 over 3 rounds) and ice wyvern (335-395 damage)

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
For starters, go backtrack and do all those side quests you ignored.

I'm usually hovering around 40-42 by the time I do the war oni. Plus you'll the the Ice Blade at level 38.

Don't compare your damage to Fire (or Storm for that matter). They are the biggest hitters in the game. Life is a better comparison for damages.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Then train in some Storm spells, or fire spells. Life only after your satisfied with attack spells.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Granted, Ice has lower attack spells than other schools and it may take longer, but that is the trade off for the shielding, health, and spell success percentage of Ice spells. You chose to be an Ice wizard, so it looks like you will need to develop a different battle strategy that works with Ice instead of against it.

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
wizardmaster369 wrote:
I have a level 33 Ice wizard who just completed war oni. I had to get a LOT of help for this, because ice has almost no attack spells, and the spells they do have are way too weak. Because ice is focused and shields and defenses and health, and because of their low attack power, battles take much longer than they would with other schools like fire. Another attack spell should be added, because right now the only ones my ice uses and frostbite (50 damage then 450 over 3 rounds) and ice wyvern (335-395 damage)

I also have an ice Wiz i'm working on he's almost done with plaza of conquest and i have pretty much solo the game and i didn't do any side quest and my second school is life so i don't get why your complaining

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Krailzec wrote:
Granted, Ice has lower attack spells than other schools and it may take longer, but that is the trade off for the shielding, health, and spell success percentage of Ice spells. You chose to be an Ice wizard, so it looks like you will need to develop a different battle strategy that works with Ice instead of against it.
not completely true ice has the 3rd worst accuracy as a base

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
wizardmaster369 wrote:

I'll have to agree with you i'm a grand ice it was a little difficult without a grand pyro helping out they also need to change the taunt and distract spells for something else

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
Krailzec wrote:
not completely true ice has the 3rd worst accuracy as a base

But it is higher than Fire and Storm, which is what everyone seems to compare school damage to these days.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
There is an ice spell called Balefrost, use it. When I solo, I put 6 of them in my deck to help make sure I will get one. Ice is not weak, I would rather use my ice guy than my balance guy, and they are both grandmasters. Balance works better when you are with other wizards, but that is another subject.
Blades and traps are also required. When I use my ice guy, my deck has NO shields, only blades, traps and balefrost besides my attack spells. I have yet to be defeated with that strategy, and that is since Marleybone. Out of 55 or 60 cards, I only have about 20 in. Make sure you use a wand/staff that will give you a boost against the bad guys. I do carry a re-shuffle card as well, but can't recall ever using it. (I don't pvp or there would be at least 2 of them in there.)

Ian Firehammer

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
wizardmaster369 wrote:

ice is asmome i am level 27