Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire is too weak

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2009
We all know Marleybone its hard long and boring. Thats why I think Hyde park should look like a park. And chelsea court should look different. Everything looks the same!!! And Ken park is way to hard.

Nicholas Icefriend lvl 50 grandmaster balance

Survivor
May 01, 2009
We should have more quests for grandmasters besides briskbreeze tower. How about grandmasters get to go inside the door that is blocked in the greate sphyre

Nicholas Icefriend Grandmaster Balance

P.S. How do i make a message not a response?

Survivor
May 01, 2009
I agree. I am a master in life lvl 45 and i fought malistare alone! I told my friends to leave me after cyrus talked to malistare. So easy! They should change his life to 30,000. And we should watch Cyrus and Malistare duel!

Autumn LifeBlossom lvl 45 master in life

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
well when hes enchanted he has 100000 health and uses great moves but silvia drake also helps you its really hard and you probobly wont make it

i use my lvl 48 fire wizard blaze spiritflame the most say hi if you see me on

also we should be able to go in that tower in the path of scales i want to know where it gos

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
You know, when you go to nightside, and go to the death tower, you always
know theres a ruined picture in front of you. Look closely and then you
notice it looks kind of like Malistaire o: That gives me the
hebie- gebies

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
wizardmaster369 wrote:
Isn't malistaire supposted to be the final boss of the game? Isn't he supposted to be the Master of Death? If he is, then why does he use dark fairies? His dungeon is hard to go through, and should be kept the way it is, but malistaire is way too easy. He should keep his 10,000 health, but he should really use stronger spells. I have fought him 15 times now, and he has used scarecrow only once. He should use lots of scarecrows and wraiths, not dark fairies and banshees. Tell me if you agree.

Devin Dragonflame, Level 50 Fire Wizard

i know he is to weak

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
malistare is to weak it sad fighting him i feel i can almost solo him but cant because of minions i could solo him alone if ti just me him and one minion but other wise it not to hard like i did the one gurtok bye my self cause you have to but it fire i fire through some convert down and you got a party going on

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
What kind of person is Malistare? I think the Soul Servents are harder then 10 malistares! KI should make him harder ( no offense ) because I was farming him last weak and it only took 2 minutes to beat him up! His physical attack is only 300 something, and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy!!!!!!!
On the TS ( test server ) he is HARD HARD HARD!!!!! Why cant he be like that on the LR ( live realm )????????

Richard Shadowstaff Necromancer Grandmaster, stuck at Estriakr Gloomthorn 8) WIZARD101 RULES!

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Last year for about 2 weeks they made Malistaire harder, he had 100,000 life, and would cheat. Also the Jade Oni would cheat, AND bring in the other Oni's to help him. It was next to impossible to solo the Oni when he was like that.
After many many complaints, they changed them back to normal, or what they are today.
I think that since that time, many people have done Briskbreeze and the Warehouse, and are used to the extra challenge. Malistaire could be made a bit harder. Maybe not as much as Briskbreeze or the Warehouse, maybe just double his life or something. A cheat here or there wouldn't be bad, just to keep people on their toes.
I've done Malistaire more times than I can count, then go and do Tumok (can't think of his last name right now) just to give some satisfaction to the entire quest. Its pretty easy to do the entire quest as it is now.

Rogan Firehammer

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
wizardmaster369 wrote:
Isn't malistaire supposted to be the final boss of the game? Isn't he supposted to be the Master of Death? If he is, then why does he use dark fairies? His dungeon is hard to go through, and should be kept the way it is, but malistaire is way too easy. He should keep his 10,000 health, but he should really use stronger spells. I have fought him 15 times now, and he has used scarecrow only once. He should use lots of scarecrows and wraiths, not dark fairies and banshees. Tell me if you agree.

um didnt you notice he was doing a realy taxing spell hiis mana was way down

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
who understands us? first of all we complain that malistaire is too hard then we complain that he is too easy make up your mind people!

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
Your right. Malistare is super easy, I am not even level 50 yet and beat him with my friends in less than five minutes. He should keep the same ammount of health but use stronger spells. If the whole point of the game is to find malistare and defeat him, then he should be a lot harder then some of the Wizard City bosses. I will be kinda upset when I get to fight him when I actually get that quest and beat him really quick. I hope Wizard101.com will fix this problem.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I completely agree; he should be much harder. I had no trouble beating him with 2 lvl 30 mages. I mean, really?

He is the master of death; He should have a unique attack that is rare, but powerful. His minions should be continually coming back to life as he re-animates them. He should be able to sacrifice those minions to regain health and he should be more liberal with wraith/crow.

If I was able to enter his chamber alone, I am fairly confident that I could solo the entire boss fight. Kinda sad.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
wizardmaster369 wrote:

you think he is last one but he is not soon you go through a world of pain after him in the cheating one so injoy him why you can
Wolf dream walker

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
I agree but i think that the first time you beat him it should be easier, but then after you beat him he should get harder every time you fight him. I know its a dungeon and not necessarily everyone has fought him before but it would still be better.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2008
I am a level 50 and defeated Malistaire with two level 19's can you please make him stronger?

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
you still dont get it..
as it is in the world the worse trouble makers are the little weaklings
as they feel that have to prove themselves and in the end are usually easy
to defeat.

it just the way of the world...

use it to your advantage

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
sylvia fight with us?!?!?!?!?!? she does not want to kill malistare she wants to stop him anyway then 4 people cant be in the battle

jack bearblood lvl 50 balance
jack lifehunter lvl 44 life

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
malistaire is so easy. one he uses weak spells. two think his health should be just a little higher. and three i think his minions are stronger than him not by health but by some spells. well even though i am a level 36 fire i have gone in his dungeon and done it with my freinds and we still won!so i really think he should be harder.

( blaze life level 49 going on 50)

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Yeah me and my friends fought him and he was very weak.

Melissa Greenrunner ( level 43, life)
Danielle Earthwalker ( level 10, myth)
Iridian Anglebright ( level 3, death)
Taylor Swift ( level 14, ice)

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
Steelhead1111 wrote:
pokadot579 wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:
Absolutely. For the guy who caused so much havoc in 5 worlds, he was extremely weak attack-wise.

rofl :P

And i totally agree! Malistaire is too weak. I thought the ravens in gh were harder. Malistaire's dungeon is somewhat hard, but Malistaire himself is actually really easy to kill. It just takes a little time.

i think jotun is even harder than the ravens by a long shot maybe jotun should be like singled out or something like that
Jotun can be alone with his minion if you go to helgrind and winterdeep warden and kill his brothers. My cousin tried that and it worked Cody Battlehammer, level 48 pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
Gurtok Demon is harder than him :P Everytime i battle it it uses Nova and Judgement

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
Rogtim wrote:
Last year for about 2 weeks they made Malistaire harder, he had 100,000 life, and would cheat. Also the Jade Oni would cheat, AND bring in the other Oni's to help him. It was next to impossible to solo the Oni when he was like that.
After many many complaints, they changed them back to normal, or what they are today.

Since some of the bosses are made harder by adding minions when you have more than one player in the arena, shouldn't it be not so difficult for the server to recognize the power of the players and number ? What I'm thinking is, if three level 45ish players are doing it, he's 10,000 health and uses low attacks, but if four Grand Masters are farming him, he has 30,000 health and uses stronger attacks. Difficult, programming-wise ? Maybe. But it would put the challenge back in the game. Thoughts ?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Dorano208 wrote:
Defiantly. I'm only a lvl 41, but I've helped my friends with him. He's way to easy, especially if you're a life. I started training in life a while ago, and it just makes it all the more easier.

First, I'm sorry did you mean "definitely"? Second, I have a theurgist and a sorcerer and I'm pretty sure it's the same amount of difficulty. Although theurgists can heal, their attacks don't do much damage. I think Malistaire is fine the way he is. Who complains that something is too easy?That's ridiculous.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
I agree. Malistaire is way too weak. The strongest spell he ever does is vampire. He's the death TEACHER! His assistant Dworgan knows the spells because he teaches them too you! Why would the assistant know alll the spells, when the actual teacher doesn't? He should have 20,000 health and be able to use all Death spells. I mean come on! Jotun is way harder! I hope Morganthe, aka the Umbra Queen, has like 50,000 health.