Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire is too weak

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Isn't malistaire supposted to be the final boss of the game? Isn't he supposted to be the Master of Death? If he is, then why does he use dark fairies? His dungeon is hard to go through, and should be kept the way it is, but malistaire is way too easy. He should keep his 10,000 health, but he should really use stronger spells. I have fought him 15 times now, and he has used scarecrow only once. He should use lots of scarecrows and wraiths, not dark fairies and banshees. Tell me if you agree.

Devin Dragonflame, Level 50 Fire Wizard

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Absolutely. For the guy who caused so much havoc in 5 worlds, he was extremely weak attack-wise.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2009
I kind of agree, he is easy but I use very low spells too and I am lvl 48 balance. I still use scarab and scropion.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Defiantly. I'm only a lvl 41, but I've helped my friends with him. He's way to easy, especially if you're a life. I started training in life a while ago, and it just makes it all the more easier.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I agree, the final battle with Malistaire does seem a bit easy considering he is a rogue death school master/teacher. He rarely uses spells that should be afforded a boss of his level and supposed caliber.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
DUDE! :x malistare should be that way, he is more easy so you can get drops, and for people who will fight malistare for their first time, they should get the chance to defeat him faster so it will be easier to complete the story line, thats my opinion

until next post

wizard dragonbane

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I certainly agree he needs to get a lot stronger. Fighting grandmaster buddies at the arena is harder than fighting malistaire. He needs to use wraith & scarecrow more to make the battles more fun! I've fought him with my buddies tons of times now, and it's pretty easy looting off of him since his attacks are so pathetic.
Out of all my battles with him, one of my teammates has been killed by him only once, and we've never lost

Malistaire is supposed to be the final boss! W101...make it more worthwhile!!

Sestiva
Lvl 49
Master of Storm

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I find the quest to be the most fun in the whole Spiral!

I wouldn't mind if he was a little tougher. But the other areas of the quest are challenging without being overwhelming.

The place is beautiful with varied enemies. I enjoy doing that quest over and over. :)

I hope Celestia holds more delights like this.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
i agree, i fought with 2 other death wizards,not including my self, which would make 3 death wizards and a balance wizard. it was so easy that i was not really happy defeating him and earning the savior of the spiral badge. i dont wear that badge because its not really a great acomplishment :? i think malistaire should at least use tougher attack spells.

Taylor, Lvl 50 death wizard

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
I agree but it is a long dungeon especially if your a first timer in there so it makes up for it by making malistare weak but i do want a challenge so i would agree making him a little harder by giving him a wraith or something like that.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
I think it's fitting. He gets everyone else to do his bidding because he really can't fight.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
umm he can not be easy for one reason.... there are kids maybe 8 year old that have got to the end with there parents its meant to be a fun family game not a terrifying hard game

Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:
Absolutely. For the guy who caused so much havoc in 5 worlds, he was extremely weak attack-wise.
True.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I think it's refreshing to read someone's post who wants more of a challenge. Usually these threads are dominated by incessant whining about things being too difficult. :)

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Survivor
May 19, 2009
malaistaire is way to weak i got one more lvl thirty and we fought him and no one even got close to dying. i mean master of death 10000 life i mean its kinda stupid.

Survivor
May 19, 2009
malistaire is way to weak i mean i got one more lvl thirty
(just me and him) and no one even got close to dying. not cool man.

robert skullfinder
lvl 29
storm

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:

rofl :P

And i totally agree! Malistaire is too weak. I thought the ravens in gh were harder. Malistaire's dungeon is somewhat hard, but Malistaire himself is actually really easy to kill. It just takes a little time.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
i think malistare should be a lot tougher or estrakir gloomthorn weaker! i fought malsitare with three people two at levels twenty and we won i tried estrakir gloomthorn tons of times with four and lost SIX times malistare is tougher i agree but estrakir is WAY to hard

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
pokadot579 wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:

rofl :P

And i totally agree! Malistaire is too weak. I thought the ravens in gh were harder. Malistaire's dungeon is somewhat hard, but Malistaire himself is actually really easy to kill. It just takes a little time.

i think jotun is even harder than the ravens by a long shot maybe jotun should be like singled out or something like that

Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
yea think malistair was easy he should have been harder it was not challenge

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
Very true, I have done the whole dungeon alone, it's quite easy. :(

Taylor Level 48 Ice
Natalie Level 50 Fire
Natalie StormHammer Level 50 Storm

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
johnyrocks wrote:
Very true, I have done the whole dungeon alone, it's quite easy. :(

Taylor Level 48 Ice
Natalie Level 50 Fire
Natalie StormHammer Level 50 Storm

Malistare is easy for a reason, he is good for farming. I wouldn't want him so hard that I couldn't farm him on a regular everyday basis. I don't want to spend 6 hours killing him to farm something off him.

Survivor
May 01, 2009
I agree with you devin dragonflame but i think he should cheat like the bosses in the warehouse. that would be awesome, and i think we should have sylvia fight with us. :)

Nicholas Icefriend lvl 50 grandmaster