Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Combat problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
Hello,

I have an issue with the turn sequence and *OT spells.

Here is what happened to me tonight:

I'm fighting mobs in Krokopia with my 13 Life mage. Its a close fight, and I have multiple HOTs and DOTs on me at the same time.

I have on me:
Fire Elf
Sprite
Fire Elf
Sprite

I'm VERY low on health.

My turn starts

Fire Elf hits me for -90 (I'm alive)
Sprite hits me +70
Fire Elf hits me for -90 (I go to 0)
Turn ends - defeated
Sprite never procs

Since you can go to 0 in a group fight and have another player bring you back to positive numbers, I'm really surprised that this happened. I would have been in positive numbers if the Sprite went off. I can understand that if I was still at 0 after the queued Sprite went proc'd that the fight was done. But that didn't happen.

Admins?

Combat in The Spiral has always been a complex affair and even veteran wizards forget some of the finer points. Heal over time spells are always removed from a target at the moment he / she has been defeated in combat; even when that healing spell would result in the target returning to combat to fight. This rule applies even when the wizard in trouble has teammates remaining who haven’t been defeated yet. Be careful in your future duels!

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.