Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What if your false reported?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
I was false reported nothing happened yet i just got reported a couple minutes ago,can someone help me i didnt do anything what would happen?

The answer is readily available on the website under Help & Support:

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
May 15, 2010
I am an Adult player and was also reported. The only thing I can think of is that one guy was bugging me about giving him my password in exchange for crowns. I told him under no circumtances would I give out that information and said he was crazy for asking. Since then he follows me. However not knowing if it was him or not I have removed everyone from my friends list. I enjoy the game very much and play with my godson often however I do not enjoy being harrassed and falsly accussed of inappropriate behaviour.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
I've noticed that, if you stand in the commons when it's really busy and chat, you're apt to get reported. I've been reported several times within minutes by someone, though I never said anything out of line. When I said something several other people piped up and said they were reported as well. This all happened the night before I started having trouble chatting which makes me wonder...

Survivor
May 08, 2010
I was, unbelievably, reported because some girl wanted my water elemental card.... Luckily I wasn't banned!!!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
cmonell wrote:
I am an Adult player and was also reported. The only thing I can think of is that one guy was bugging me about giving him my password in exchange for crowns. I told him under no circumtances would I give out that information and said he was crazy for asking. Since then he follows me. However not knowing if it was him or not I have removed everyone from my friends list. I enjoy the game very much and play with my godson often however I do not enjoy being harrassed and falsly accussed of inappropriate behaviour.

The same thing happend to me. Only he asked if he wanted to trade accounts.
Can Mr. Lincon see the secret friend chat? thats how the guy asked me

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
I have been falsely reported twice now, but have not been contacted by the game administrators. In both instances, I wasn't even having a conversation with anyone, so I'm really not sure why I was reported unless someone just got angry that I keep my "accept friend requests" option set to no.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the administrators to contact you with the results of the reporting situation? The first time I got reported was at least 3 months ago, and I'm curious to know whether or not the person who reported me was in some way punished for the false reporting.

I would hate to think that I have spent hundreds of dollars playing this game, and that this can continue to occur. It's very frustrating, particularly when I don't even talk to anyone while playing.

Please read my previous post in this thread, it explains everything.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I think people false report just to get attention, I don't report a lot, and when I do, someone would shout "WHO REPORTED ME". People do it to several people just to get attention and laugh at it like its a joke. Its not going to be a joke when you get suspended for false reporting.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I was reported for using foul language. I was so stunned when the message came across. I had been working alone and had been using henchmen during the time I was logged on. I am a grandmother whose grandchildren play on here . The only thing that I can think that happened is someone ask to be my friend and I said no. I dont even remember who the player was. How can this happen?? I checked my logs and found nothing that could have warranted a warning.

Grace Nightwalker
legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
i was reported one time and i didnt do anything and i was fine for a couple months and i wasnt on for weeks and then when i logged on it said i was muted