Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
I love this game to death. Its so much fun and I play every day. But certain things bother me. Like how Myth doesn't have any advantages over elemental schools. Why is it that myth doesnt get a dominant spell such as storm lord, fire dragon, or rebirth? I've gone through a lot of strategy but its very hard playing with out a dominant spell. Maybe some future changes for the weakest class in the game?

Wolf Stormshade Grandmaster Conjurer

Hero
May 19, 2009
Defender
Apr 08, 2009
Darthjp wrote:
I love this game to death. Its so much fun and I play every day. But certain things bother me. Like how Myth doesn't have any advantages over elemental schools. Why is it that myth doesnt get a dominant spell such as storm lord, fire dragon, or rebirth? I've gone through a lot of strategy but its very hard playing with out a dominant spell. Maybe some future changes for the weakest class in the game?

Myth is the best school in PVP besides balance.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
koolboy222 wrote:
Darthjp wrote:

Agreed, the major sponsored PVP tourneys are almost always won by balance wizards.

Maybe a better, more realistic way to look at this is, the player, the deck set up and luck. These probably account for more than anything else. A players skill is the most important factor, next the ability to set the deck effectively plays a huge part and lastly luck. Good or bad luck can ultimately make or break someone. I was in a PVP tourney, a big one, and got to the semifinals and lost to the eventual champion. I had him beat and all I needed to do was hit one of my last two spell chances. Both fizzled and he won. In this instance, it was luck, we both knew it. In another PVP match, maybe the roles are reversed, you just never know. When all things are equal, luck can sometimes play a huge role in the outcome.

For the record in PVE, myth was my most boring experience of all the schools. Not that it is a bad school, but I hated having minions fight for me. I want to fight for myself. The pve strategy was also pretty uninspiring and dull to me. If I was going only PVP, I would strongly consider myth.

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
silverdragonn wrote:
koolboy222 wrote:
Darthjp wrote:

Agreed, the major sponsored PVP tourneys are almost always won by balance wizards.

Maybe a better, more realistic way to look at this is, the player, the deck set up and luck. These probably account for more than anything else. A players skill is the most important factor, next the ability to set the deck effectively plays a huge part and lastly luck. Good or bad luck can ultimately make or break someone. I was in a PVP tourney, a big one, and got to the semifinals and lost to the eventual champion. I had him beat and all I needed to do was hit one of my last two spell chances. Both fizzled and he won. In this instance, it was luck, we both knew it. In another PVP match, maybe the roles are reversed, you just never know. When all things are equal, luck can sometimes play a huge role in the outcome.

For the record in PVE, myth was my most boring experience of all the schools. Not that it is a bad school, but I hated having minions fight for me. I want to fight for myself. The pve strategy was also pretty uninspiring and dull to me. If I was going only PVP, I would strongly consider myth.

Same. I always lose to myth students. Sometimes you get lucky and beat them. One time I beat one of my myth friend with judgement. but first I had to get rid of his cyclops minion. Myth is hard to beat because

1 The minions - You always have to kill them first.

2 Earthquake - This spell annoys me because it always takes my shields away.

3 Orthus - one of my myth friends beat me by putting several myth traps on me and then using this spell on me. i would suggest putting myth shields or a tower shield on yourself to protect from this spell.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
i have lost several battles against myth and i find that myth comes in handy against storm. I've no idea why, but myth and storm have boostd aginst each other. as for minions, i think fighting with helps because there is another target besides yourself, but fighting against one is a pain since they have to be killed first

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
Like I said earlier, for PVP only the larger sponsored tournaments are won by Balance wizards. If your making a PVP player only, go Balance.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
Myth does have a dominant spell... ever heard of Orthrus? I don't know what YOU consider dominant though.

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner