Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it THAT Hard?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Hey everyone! I just got Dragonspyre the other day and i was expecting a hardcore killzone, but it's been easy. I've already beaten The Grand Chasm, and I haven't had to do anything THAT hard! Will it get any harder? What about The Labrynth? People said there were a bunch of towers and dungeons in there and I want to know what I'm in for. I had the same question about MooShu when I got it, so can someone tell me how hard Dragonspyre REALLY is? Thanks! 8)

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
It is when you fight the same enemy/boss multiple times in a row, specifically for certain items.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
It's like, say you found out a rare item dropped from so and so boss, so you fight him over and over and over again for that item. It also is used for getting items to sell for tons of gold.

Hunter Unicornheart level 28 Theurgist

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:
Hey guys I just got DS and was wondering what "farming" was. I've heard people say they were farming for Grand gear, and that got me curious. Can someone please tell me what DS farming is?!?!

It is a popular term used by the Hardcore MMO players.

Farming means fighting a particular boss over, and over until you get a drop you want.

You can even farm for mats ( Mats=Materials relating in crafting)

A couple more terms hardcore MMO players use, just in case you see them in game you know what they mean:

Grinding=A lot like farming but people do not like doing it.
Example:

Player 1-" do you want to go to Marleybone with me.?"

player 2-"Maybe later, I have to Grind some XP's because I'd rather be in Marleybone at a little higher level then what I am now."

most popular Term used in Hardcore MMO's.

Agro -Aggro-Having creature or creatures focusing all their attacks on just you.
Example:
"Ah man, since I joined the duel first I aggroed all the creatures to attack me."

Taunting Creatures in W101, make the creature or creatures only attack that one person that used Taunt on them, In other Words (Player was gaining Aggro)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:
Hey guys I just got DS and was wondering what "farming" was. I've heard people say they were farming for Grand gear, and that got me curious. Can someone please tell me what DS farming is?!?!

You fight the same foe over and over till you get a specific item you desire that said boss drops.

You select and area and hunt for desired crafting materials (reagents) travelling the same route through many realms.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
Basically farming is repeatedly defeating a boss till you get the unique drop that you need.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
farming is doing an instance or boss over and over again either for gold or gear...it's a common term used in all mmo's

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Farming is when as individual or group you keep playing same boss or enemy to obtain a specific piece of gear/item/pet/etc. or just because the items they drop tend to fetch good gold at bazaar or shop. Since you rarely get what you want from that enemy in the first go, you do it over and over again, until desired items drops. It isn't confined to DS but is most common there.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
farming means people go to malistare and try many times to get there storm robe etc. Destiny lifeblossom level 40

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
You are one of the lucky ones. WHY?

They [KingsIsle] made Dragonspyre easier.
Rank 7 monsters used to have around 1,300 health. Now they have only about 900-1,010
They lowered a bunch of the health. I know because on my GrandMaster I have had trouble with Dragonspyre. Tehn I made a death character and zipped through all the way to the Necropolis in about 2 days.

Hero
May 02, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:
Hey everyone! I just got Dragonspyre the other day and i was expecting a hardcore killzone, but it's been easy. I've already beaten The Grand Chasm, and I haven't had to do anything THAT hard! Will it get any harder? What about The Labrynth? People said there were a bunch of towers and dungeons in there and I want to know what I'm in for. I had the same question about MooShu when I got it, so can someone tell me how hard Dragonspyre REALLY is? Thanks! 8)

Well imo, I think one of the hardest parts in ds is the amount of gauntlets there are. You encountered your first ds gauntlet in the plaza of conquests (tower of war), and the grand chasm has the majority of gauntlets in ds.

One of the gauntlets in particular has a boss that drops the 100 damage life sword. What that gauntlet is, and what that boss is, I'll let you find out, but the gauntlets can be tedious and are one of, if not THE, most annoying parts or ds.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Okay everyone, I've beaten Malistaire already, and I have to say, with help DS is super EASY!!!!!

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:

You probably haven't done anything that hard because of the changes they made.