Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting same pet when you hatch?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
i hatched my stormzilla with an orthrus hoping to get tempest hound and i was really excited because it was my first time hatching but when the egg hatched i got another stormzilla! i was so mad because i really wanted the tempest hound i was making a storm collection and the last thing i needed was another storm pet and the worst part is you cant sell them for the hatching price so i couldnt hatch again please fix this or at elast let us sell the pet for the hatching price

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
It's not a bug and it's fine the way it is. That's why the pet's are rare, it took me 5 tries and i'm not complaining.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
thunderbird120 wrote:
It's not a bug and it's fine the way it is. That's why the pet's are rare, it took me 5 tries and i'm not complaining.

i hate when people post this! these people have a decent pet cause they got LUCKY first shot and think its cool to have things other pople cant get, which is stingy and rude to me!

I personaly have lots of rare stuff, so trust me i am down to work hard for rare things and i enjoy being special in the game (matter of fact i won a extra pvp robe to stich for a special outfit to wear no one could copy easily, apon other things i do to stay unique) BUT this pet thing is a HUGE scam for some people!!!

I hatched 5 pets so far and giot NOTHING USABLE! i spent a good deal over 200,000 gold so far and $20 in crowns on trying to get a new pet better then the ones i own, and i have yet to get anything, and when i sell them i get 500 gold each, so 2500 gold in exchange for 200,000+ gold and $20 in crowns? dude you are insane if you think this sytem is fair!!!!

Why dont people stop protecting the system that is SUPER FLAWED and defend the fellow players who are getting ripped and wasteing time farming gold from enemies everyday for hours and then training pets for hours to get nothing in the end, why not make it fair for your friends on your friend list and let us all try to get a cool pet we like!

Its just stingy to say something like this, stingy and rude, cause they got lucky the first few hatches, good for them, to bad they are out numbered by the ammount of people getting ripped, i would like to see this pet system change!!! FAST!

Survivor
Mar 03, 2010
thunderbird120 wrote:

Well it took me till i was a grandmaster just to get 40,000 coins and i spent 40,000 coins on a stormzilla and a colossus and got a colossus again i understand its rare but at least give us a refund!

Survivor
May 16, 2010
I also have had that problem. I have tried two times to hatch my wraith with a stormzilla hoping to get a tempest pet or even a grimzilla but both times i have gotten a wraith! i spent over 80,000 coins doing this just to get two wraiths? I guess keep trying and hopefully you get the tempest hound.

-lucas shadowheart
lvl 50 grandmaster necromancer

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
1TheDarkKnight12 wrote:
thunderbird120 wrote:

i hate when people post this! these people have a decent pet cause they got LUCKY first shot and think its cool to have things other pople cant get, which is stingy and rude to me!

I personaly have lots of rare stuff, so trust me i am down to work hard for rare things and i enjoy being special in the game (matter of fact i won a extra pvp robe to stich for a special outfit to wear no one could copy easily, apon other things i do to stay unique) BUT this pet thing is a HUGE scam for some people!!!

I hatched 5 pets so far and giot NOTHING USABLE! i spent a good deal over 200,000 gold so far and $20 in crowns on trying to get a new pet better then the ones i own, and i have yet to get anything, and when i sell them i get 500 gold each, so 2500 gold in exchange for 200,000+ gold and $20 in crowns? dude you are insane if you think this sytem is fair!!!!

Why dont people stop protecting the system that is SUPER FLAWED and defend the fellow players who are getting ripped and wasteing time farming gold from enemies everyday for hours and then training pets for hours to get nothing in the end, why not make it fair for your friends on your friend list and let us all try to get a cool pet we like!

Its just stingy to say something like this, stingy and rude, cause they got lucky the first few hatches, good for them, to bad they are out numbered by the ammount of people getting ripped, i would like to see this pet system change!!! FAST!

Your not getting what i said, i didn't get it first try. I got it after spending about 200,000 gold on my fifth try. My post was only a sentence long at least TRY to read it.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
tannedpenguinz wrote:
thunderbird120 wrote:

Well it took me till i was a grandmaster just to get 40,000 coins and i spent 40,000 coins on a stormzilla and a colossus and got a colossus again i understand its rare but at least give us a refund!

If it gave you a refund then you could just try again instantly and it wouldn't be rare

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING, JUST STOP! The rate for a mixed pet is about 25% so it's not like it's impossible. Just be glad it's not 100,000 anymore. 40,000 gold is easy to make and if you do it right can be farmed in one day so why are you complaining? Just go farm the coven of ravens in gh and you make 2500-4000 gold per battle.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
The same thing happened to me and my brother Kevin IceThief on our first time hatching. He hatched a storm snowman with cyclops and when he checked what he got the next day, it was just another storm snowman . Then when I went in to mix satyr with collosus I got another satyr . Please fix this or just give all of us that wasted our money one this our money back so we can try again.

Defender
May 31, 2010

Let me start by saying , I am not an expert when it comes to pet breeeding , but my in game friend and mentor is becoming one. I do spend a lot of time drilling her for info .

One of the things that seems to be little known about pet breeding , is you need to breed with grand pets and promotional pets to be able to get a new breed of pet. Breeding with dropped pets will only result in getting back near the same pet , with the pedigree score adjusted.

She is currently working her way through generations , seeing if any revert back , and trying to find out which grand pet will dominate with what stats. A lot of her time is going into this , not to mention gold. There is still quite a lot that is unknown about pet breeding.

But I would suggest , in the meantime , to stop breeding and wasting coins on breeding with dropped pet, and the ones you buy from shopkeepers. For now , until more info is found out , try breeding with just two different grand pets , you sure to get a new breed of pet.

Do yourself a favor , and keep notes . lots and lots of notes :D

Survivor
May 10, 2010
I have actually hatched 5 times now. I have spent 250,000 coins and hours of my life on 5 Wraiths! This is absolutely unacceptable. I get the fact that these pets are supposed to be rare. Someone above commented that there is a 25% chance of hatching a rare pet from level 48 pet hatching. Well if its 25% then I should have gotten one on this last hatch or the one previous. I am not complaining I am stating a simple fact. What a waste of time and effort. I will continue to try until I get one I guess. I will still play your game regardless, b/c I love it. I feel as though you guys should have some sort of system in place so it may take a few times, but you actually get a rare pet. I have been farming the fire gurtok in dragonspyre for 2 months and it still has yet to drop the pet....I am fine with that. I go there to farm of my own volition. It is ridiculous to me that hatching a rare pet seems almost as impossible as getting the pet from the gurtok.lol. Especially when I have wasted so much time and energy on hatching. I could have purchased 2 really awesome houses from the crown shop as well as still hatched another WRAITH lol.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
last night I finally got something besides a wraith while hatching with other grand pets. I crossed a wraith with a jade hound, and got a jade hound. It's not the Ghast that I have been trying for. (satyr+wraith=ghast), but its cool enough for my time and effort. Also everyone should go to the Ravens in the coven for the best place to gain gear and coins. I farmed for 3 hours and was able to hatch. So cool.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2008
yea its the same with me, i was sooo super excited to hatch a pet. i mixed my wraith with a stormzilla but NO i still got a wraith and i was hoping for a tempest or grimzilla i got so mad i ried and im fifteen im all what the heck this is a rip off! :( :( :( i think what KI should give a refund because its not fair. anyways ty for making this a great game :)

Survivor
Jul 22, 2008
pokeguy23 wrote:
I also have had that problem. I have tried two times to hatch my wraith with a stormzilla hoping to get a tempest pet or even a grimzilla but both times i have gotten a wraith! i spent over 80,000 coins doing this just to get two wraiths? I guess keep trying and hopefully you get the tempest hound.

-lucas shadowheart

the wierd thing is, is that i have a stormzilla and i tried to hatch 2 times with a wraith, i dont remember their names but it was pretty recent.
maybe one of them was me.

William Stormcloud -level 48 storm

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
ya that happens :? it takes a while to get the money i would say maybe a week if you are farming the right people or less. i've read some of the posts and not trying to get off topic but really its simple to make gold when you are a grandmaster sell the things you dont need. example: while i was farming for my grand items i managed to get like 240,000 gold by selling the other grand items or other items hope this helps and good luck 8)

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of people are saying the same thing over and over again. People have been saying how unfair the system is since day 1, so eventually KingsIsle lowered the cost from about 100,000 coins to 40-50,000. That's it.

I highly doubt they'll do anymore, and they don't have to. These pets are supposed to be rare. It's supposed to take you maybe 10 or more tries just to get what you want. (Maybe 1-4 if you're really lucky.)

It's kind of the same as real life: if you want to breed your pet to get what you want, you have to spend a lot of time and effort into it, including money.

If you don't want to, then just stop. Nobody says that you have to get a hybrid.
However, if you're dead-set on breeding one, then just keep trying.

I don't hatch, but if I would suggest one thing I think KI should've/should put in, is that after x number of tries of hatching, the percent is raised slightly. Not like 5 or 10, but maybe .1-1%

It may not work, and they probably wouldn't add it, but its just a suggestion.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
I am level 16 with an adult pet and i'm finding it impossible to get enough gold to hatch and even if i did i don't want to waste my time and money trying to hatch b/c the only pet i want are hounds but so far i only have 2,what do i do? :?

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
To all those people saying stop complaining, I have tried for an arch Fiend with my helephant and a wraith over ten times now and still always get helephants. YOU BETTER BELEIVE I'm COMPLAINING, even with reduced pricing thats over 400,000 gold! The System IS flawed and needs to be looked at. Its to the point now where I am even scared to try anymore.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
pokeguy23 wrote:

-lucas shadowheart

Dude I agree with you all the way

Austin ShadowHammer Legendary Necromancer 8)

Survivor
May 04, 2009
kwlchik10 wrote:
i hatched my stormzilla with an orthrus hoping to get tempest hound and i was really excited because it was my first time hatching but when the egg hatched i got another stormzilla! i was so mad because i really wanted the tempest hound i was making a storm collection and the last thing i needed was another storm pet and the worst part is you cant sell them for the hatching price so i couldnt hatch again please fix this or at elast let us sell the pet for the hatching price
i agree one time i hatch my wraith with a helphant hoping to get a fire wraith and i got another wraith i was SUPER MAD . if someone can tell me how to get a fire wraith i would be SUPER HAPPY :D so plz help me

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:

I have the same problem but the thing that really makes me mad is the 24 hour wait! I have LOTS of gold and i only can hatch once a day?! It's kinda dumb. (Just my opinion.)

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
Zydrate101 wrote:
I have actually hatched 5 times now. I have spent 250,000 coins and hours of my life on 5 Wraiths! This is absolutely unacceptable. I get the fact that these pets are supposed to be rare. Someone above commented that there is a 25% chance of hatching a rare pet from level 48 pet hatching. Well if its 25% then I should have gotten one on this last hatch or the one previous. I am not complaining I am stating a simple fact. What a waste of time and effort. I will continue to try until I get one I guess. I will still play your game regardless, b/c I love it. I feel as though you guys should have some sort of system in place so it may take a few times, but you actually get a rare pet. I have been farming the fire gurtok in dragonspyre for 2 months and it still has yet to drop the pet....I am fine with that. I go there to farm of my own volition. It is ridiculous to me that hatching a rare pet seems almost as impossible as getting the pet from the gurtok.lol. Especially when I have wasted so much time and energy on hatching. I could have purchased 2 really awesome houses from the crown shop as well as still hatched another WRAITH lol.

This comment just makes me laugh. I haven't made any attempts to breed my pet, and I doubt I ever will considering it cost me 10,000 crowns. However, to claim that by breeding five times at a 25% chance of 'success' you should get a pet is all wrong. Assuming it actually is 25% then it's 25% -each and every time you breed-. It's not added together. That means that on that fourth try, you still have a 75% chance of failure. Not 100% chance of success.

Duncan J.
Lvl 45 Conjurer

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
I just hatched my brown spider with a collosis and i didnt get his mov to.I was SO angry because i spent over 10,000 coins for that hatch.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Its a matter of luck its no bug. My main wizard is storm so I hatched many times with my stormzilla and got more stormzillas. I have hatched about 10-11 times and I have 3 mixes you will get them eventually so keep trying but you have to be a little dedicated to get a mix. Happy Hatching :) ~Emily RubyPetal

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
It is almost impossible to get hybrid. I spent 500,000 gold on hatch and tried 15 times. KI plz change the rules so that we get hybrid on 2 try. I MEAN COME ON.