Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is there no pet shop in marleybone?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
IxionInc wrote:
This is probably not relevant to the original question, but is there a Library in Marleybone, because I know there's one in Krokotopia and Wizard City, but I've looked all around, and could'nt find a place to buy treasure cards...

there is only a library in wiz city & krokotopia

from jordan deathcaser lvl 45 death

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
the only way you can get a pet in marleybone is by defeating a boss i got a pet rat from a boss

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
lupan i think they use wands to hit there prisoners or wizards brought them over and became very popular thats what i think

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
There is a pixie queen pet in MarlyBone you have to deafeat the Smogger boss in Kats Lab robot

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
lol this might already been posted already but you can get a magician rat a clockwork golem a evil snowman a brown spider and a black spider
and i will tell you where to get them at

magician rat/counter weight west

clock work golem/counter weight east

evil snowman/fighting pops o leary(lol i have tree evil snowmen)

brown and black spider while fighting that boss in katzenstien lab idk remember the name and thats it

ryan nightshade a.k.a nightshades bro

balance lvl 26

Survivor
Oct 15, 2008
Since there aren't any pet shops in Marleybone, I think the pet drop rate from bosses should be increased by at least a little.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I think that after you complete the ironworks you should be able to go to an abandoned warehouse and meet with baxter who will sell you pets of members of the o' leary's, like miniature ruffians and bandits. ( Aww they shrink down so fast! )

Survivor
May 30, 2009
HarryPotter9128 wrote:
I have been wondering that.i mean,we could have cats and rats there,birds...all kinds of real-life related animals.by cats i mean like the small ones found for zeke's quest.
but they have rat magishin :-)

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
as a pet collector, i have gotten a rat magician, an evil snowman, melty jack (evil snowman with a name) but i'm missing that clockwork thing. what counterweight do i get it from? :?

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Suppose they really do not like the idea of having pets, seeing how they themselves are dogs. Also, it is said that they value technology and science over magic. Therefore, is it not a logical conclusion that they might have androids or robots as a "helper" that can be purchased in a shop? Just thinking out loud...

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
theobliviator wrote:

I know where you can get a pet i think. Well anyway i belive that you can get a pixe pet in marlybone i dont have the pet but i have asked someone who does and they said "I am prety sure i got it in marlybone from conterweight west" and i might be wrong so dont get mad at me if you dont get the pet

p.s. the pet gives a card that heals 180 hp

Um actually it's from SMOGGER(in Katz lab) and heals 480.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Fleur wrote:
HarryPotter9128 wrote:
I have been wondering that.i mean,we could have cats and rats there,birds...all kinds of real-life related animals.by cats i mean like the small ones found for zeke's quest.

You should be able to have one pet from Marlybone. There should be one place where you could get at least one pet and it doesn't have to be a pet shop.

Tell me about it. i would loooooooovvvvvvve if they put pets in marleybone!

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
lupan wrote:
About the pet shop, my guess is the Marleybonians detest the idea of making pets of any forms of life no matter what they may be. Seeing as cats and dogs are being made pets in other worlds (eg: firecats in wizard city and heckhound in krokotopia).

Also, there is no treasure card shop in Marleybone because they value science and technology over magic. Hence, the presence of airships and cars. Only Arthur Weathersfield in Wizard City can do magic I think (or rather choose to).

Just be lucky that they sell clothing and items that augment our spells. Though I can't guess why they have a wand shop.

What about the balance school teacher?

Survivor
May 18, 2009
Im not in marleybone yet but isnt there the magician rat pet?

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Yea haveing human pets running around every were thats not weird :?

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
The only Marleybone themed pets are the rat and black widow. The black widow is a drop from the black widow boss but it is a rarity to recieve it. I don't know where the rat is dropped but I am sure you can get it somewere.

Hope that helped :)

Amber Misthead
Level 35 Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
isnt there a rat pet i think ive seen other people with one

Survivor
May 07, 2009
i think there should be a secret pet shop in marlybone that has a mini gama owl but still, a pet shop with rats, dogs, and cats.And an other pet they could sell are one of those big golm things.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008

But then the rats might take offense. XD It would be interesting to have an Ambrose pet... or a mini-me...

that would be so awsome to have a mini me because, if it did go this way, what ever spell you use your mini me pet will do it to and do twice the damage? I have a weird imaganation :D

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
its me again! i found out there are DROPPED pets in marleybone and here they are (there are all i know by the way)

rat magican- dropped in counterweight east

clockwork golem- dropped in counterweight west

pixie queen- kaz lab (secret boss)

so there are pets just not vendor pets (which cloud explan no pet shop in marley bone)

i am now a level 41 by the way :-)

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
deathdj wrote:
lol this might already been posted already but you can get a magician rat a clockwork golem a evil snowman a brown spider and a black spider
and i will tell you where to get them at

magician rat/counter weight west

clock work golem/counter weight east

evil snowman/fighting pops o leary(lol i have tree evil snowmen)

brown and black spider while fighting that boss in katzenstien lab idk remember the name and thats it

ryan nightshade a.k.a nightshades bro

balance lvl 26
oh yea them to forgot about those.(as in the spiders and evil snowman)but you left out one. grumpy snowman! gives evil snowman card.here how you get grumpy snowman

grumpy snowman-defeat jacques the scratcher.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
i think there are no pets in marlybone cause there are so many to win and so easy to win i won a snowman pet from a cat! it gives card and it looks awesome on me!

Explorer
May 28, 2009
ok you gave me an idea harrypotter 1908.

harry potter could come to the haunted cave and sell some hogwartz stuff and he could sell a hog pet or a hog with wrts pet! wow thanks harrypotter 1908

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
strange...well, possibly because they're all dogs and cats already?

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
well there is no pet shop but there is a marleybone pet. i believe that there is only one marleybone pet. the pet is that little rat that looks super smart. well i hope that they get one. :)