Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The best level 48 spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2009
I think it is a close tie beetween the 2 headed dog or fire dragon

its not rebirth cause you cant attack with it

its not power nova cause it does not do enough attack

its not frost giant cause stormlord is the same but does more attack

its not scarecrow cause it does not do enough attack

its not stormlord cause if the enemys had a shiel stormlord will do no damage

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Nah, I don't think so.

1. Frost Giant because: I just love the spell, the way it looks. Plus I'm Ice!
2. Rebirth because: It heals all your teammates, and gives the shield for 300 damage!

Those are my two favorites, I don't really like the rest. :|

Sincerely,

Elizabeth MistLeaf
Level 48
Savior of the Spiral (Defeated Malistaire)
Master of Ice

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
I think it depends on the scenario. In 4x4 pvp with proper deck construction, two death grands with two life grands will beat everybody if they set it up right.

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
probally dragon cause it does damage to all enimes and it does great damage with a blade and traps orthrus only does one damge to one person which is wasting a pip

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
wes98765 wrote:

If you start adding in the damage boosters most players use, such as blade and combo blade, the damage changes. You also have to factor in the healing that comes with scarecrow. You look at the base spell, but....

If you turn it around and ask what you don't want to see an enemy using (who knows how to play)...well, you end up with entirily different answers.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Defender
Jun 13, 2009
wes98765 wrote:

all grand spells will consume shields, not just storm lord plus storm lord stuns, storm lord ROCKS

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
i would have to say fire dragon.
because on top of its power it is a attack over time spell and attacks all enemies
i think in a 4v4 the ideal 4 schools (based on grand spells) would be fire, life, storm, and myth.
to me with the power of dragon and its ability to take down so many fire shields and towers and rebirths heal and shield power, lord's power and stun and orthrus's power and double attack and even though its not a grand spell myth's earthquake to take down shields and stun blocks that combo would be unstoppable

Survivor
May 31, 2010
I think that all level 48 spells are great in their own way. Depending on the secnario and other factors (boosts such as shields, etc.), these spells can make or break a battle.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I say weighing it all to be honest and not biased fire dragon is best it does a good amount of damage and the damage sticks around. You can get very creative and tricky with this magic. THX PROFESSOR FALMEA :D :D :D
All the others are good but easy to defend from.

Sean Ironflame Lvl 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer
Sean Stormblade Lvl 30 Magus Diviner
See ya in the Spiral

Defender
May 11, 2009
i think that Fire Dragon is the best level 48 spell. This is because it does more damage then any other lvl 48 spell, which is 791, and that is to all enemies, plus if your like me your have plus 25% attack then it will boost the spell. because of the stun update, storm lord and frost giant are at a disadvantage.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2008
Every school has its strengths in a fight, one spell is better then the rest is liek saying it takes 1 brick to make a house. If its good players that know how to use their school wisely, every school is powerful at equal levels.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
If given the choice to have any of them, pip per pip, I'd still go with storm lord... that is an awesome card and kills most with one hit with any sort of blade to it. Storm also does not mind going up against storm shields, what do you think converts are for and toss in tempests between lords and suddenly shields kind of vanish away. Dragon is nice but slow as always.

Rebirth isn't bad but it is only good when playing others, and then most life players wish that it had been an attack card instead as life players are desperately reaching for about anything when it comes to attacks.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
wes98765 wrote:

power nova is BEST. NOBODY SAYS THAT TO MR. POWER NOVA
sincerely,
jack fireblade

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
wes98765 wrote:

So bias

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I can't believe no one has mentioned Scarecrow!

I really love this spell. My death wizard finishes most battles with full or nearly full health. The damage is good as well.

I find it so hard to play one of my other wizards after playing the death wizard, because I keep waiting for my spells to also heal me.

At first I thought the death wizard was harder, and I almost didn't keep playing it. Now it is my favorite.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think every school likes their level 48 spell, the problem is the spell does not completely make up for other school short comings.