Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm Being Abandoned!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
Hi.

Okay, I have done Malistaire recently.(FINALLY!) I went in with four people but did the whole dungeon with only three. Problem! People are going in and never help out. So they just stay in there so no one can port in! Today I was helping a friend and we went in with four. The two left and abandoned us. Then we got another person. He later abandoned us too. I asked someone to port in and help but he couldn't cause it was a full dungeon.
Then I realized: People stay in so no one can port! They leave but stay in there and never come back. So we couldn't finish Malistaire because of that. That really annoys me. People, consider this because this has happened to me many times.

Scarlet Silverspear lvl 50

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
MadiJoL wrote:
Hi.

Okay, I have done Malistaire recently.(FINALLY!) I went in with four people but did the whole dungeon with only three. Problem! People are going in and never help out. So they just stay in there so no one can port in! Today I was helping a friend and we went in with four. The two left and abandoned us. Then we got another person. He later abandoned us too. I asked someone to port in and help but he couldn't cause it was a full dungeon.
Then I realized: People stay in so no one can port! They leave but stay in there and never come back. So we couldn't finish Malistaire because of that. That really annoys me. People, consider this because this has happened to me many times.

Scarlet Silverspear lvl 50

I would be going to support and seeing if you are able to "report" people like this for abusing the dungeon like they have been. That is not fair to the players that want to get in and help and honestly if they are going to be "dead wood" in the dungeon then I would think you would have the right to report this. If not my suggestion is yanking this "dead wood" off your friends list. Actually ask first before ever submitting a report first however as I am not sure if you are allowed to report "dead wood" or not.

Once you have your players in that are going to play I suggest also turning off your teleport feature so nobody else "Jump" in on your dungeon time. My dungeon also got abused and frankly it is frustrating when you are trying to farm as well. So I generally turn it off before I farm.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
1) Chances are, they just came in to farm for their equipment or pets. Once they fought whomever it is they wanted, they leave.

2) They aren't staying in there once they've abandon you. It just happens that even though they have left, the spot is still reserved for them to come back in. It takes about 10 minutes (this really needs to change!) before the game "times them out" and opens up the spot they took.

Your best bet, if you are planning on doing the whole dungeon, is to talk assemble a group that agree to do so before you go in.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
Some of the people porting in to you may not be a high enough level to do much for the quest. However, they want the badge.

This happened to me also the first time I tried this quest.

Before going in, ask if people can stay for over an hour. If you don't have four at that point, have everyone turn off their "allow friends to port to you". This would allow you to only add a person who can finish with you.

This quest can be done pretty quickly in about an hour if everyone in the quest is able to do battle.

I think this quest is the most fun in the whole game!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I understand what you mean. I has happened to me so many times. But I was lucky to get help from my friends. We set a time to meet and we were able to complete the quest. The best thing is if you have dependable friends set a time to meet online to complete the quest. We meet at midnight when no one could bother us.

Marissa Summerblossom-Myth

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
yogi45 wrote:
I understand what you mean. I has happened to me so many times. But I was lucky to get help from my friends. We set a time to meet and we were able to complete the quest. The best thing is if you have dependable friends set a time to meet online to complete the quest. We meet at midnight when no one could bother us.

Marissa Summerblossom-Myth

Well its a MMO people will bug, and bug, someones ear off to go into Malistaire, and once THEY got what THEY want, the leave. Basicly saying Blank you's I got what I came for. LATER! Muhahahaha.

Me, I never abandon, if I know I will not be able to stick around for the whole dungeon, then I never do it in the first place.