Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is why people quit

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Nine pvp matches in a row going last.
The last three pvp matches in a row were 3v4, that is right three games in a row only three of our players were allowed to sit. The forth player (different each time) was left in the arena unable to join.

How is this fair??? so many points lost, have to go last every time, and don't even get to have all our players even get to play.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Well I know for a fact that it IS possible to win in a 3v4 match going last, because my team won in that situation in a practice match.

I'm not sure how it's like in ranked, but my advice when going last in a situation like that is to work together with your teammates and don't hesitate to summon a minion, as they can be a big help in some matches.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
omg i am hating pvp atm, every single match i go in, 1v1 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 i never ever go first and it is so frustrating! i nearly gave up on my storm until i started doing 2v2 with a lucky person who always went first :D

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
why are non-friends tables being paired up against friends tables when players who sit at non-friends tables aren't allowed to choose which non-friends tables they sit at.... that is totally unfair to let friends customize their schools and even have strategy of play when playing together and non-friends aren't allowed at all to sit at tables they think they should be capeable to win at

another reason why pvp is totally unfair, and why people should quit unless Wizard101 takes time to improve pvp which is actually game end play.... I'm still of the mind that Wizard101 does not care to retain players

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
The 3 vs 4 thing probably happened because of bad connections. It's happened to me a few times when my Internet seems to be running slow. It doesn't load fast enough and you don't get there in time. As for the going last, whoever goes first is completely random. You just hit a bit of bad luck. We all have our bad pvp days.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Explorer
May 22, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I'm still of the mind that Wizard101 does not care to retain players

seasnake, you're a great member, you are one of the few that actually WANT a challenge. But, if wiz101 didn't want to retain players, then why did they put stun shields? Or why did they make basically EVERYTHING easier? Its simply because a mojority of players don't want a challenge, you said it yourself. PVP is being destroyed by the community complaining about LOSING! You lose one match, and its "BALANCE IS UNFAIR!", and "CHAIN STUNNERS SHOULD BE BANNED???" come on, this is crazy. People, think before you complain, aybe try to figure out how YOU can get an advantage, and dont just complain because you lost, come on.

Hero
May 19, 2009
seasnake wrote:
why are non-friends tables being paired up against friends tables when players who sit at non-friends tables aren't allowed to choose which non-friends tables they sit at.... that is totally unfair to let friends customize their schools and even have strategy of play when playing together and non-friends aren't allowed at all to sit at tables they think they should be capeable to win at

another reason why pvp is totally unfair, and why people should quit unless Wizard101 takes time to improve pvp which is actually game end play.... I'm still of the mind that Wizard101 does not care to retain players

Another person that thinks friend teams vs non friend teams is unfair, simple soloution make friends.

PvP is not end game play, thats just your opinion. Other people derby race, craft, farm for pets or gear, and make new characters.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
it dont matter if you go first or last, you need TIMING, I go last a lot and I probably won some of them. If you go last, Then TIME your cards when you play them.

EX. Someone plays a trap on you. You skip
next turn: someone puts a elemental blade on them, you skip
next turn: someone puts a feint, USE A SHIELD

Its about TIMING and TAKING RISKS, Thats how I pvp,

STRATEGY
TIMING
RISK

Blaze Nightshield lvl 43 pyromancer
Ethan Goldsword lvl 37 balance
Blaze Frostshield lvl 5 thaumaturge

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
Why doesn`t PvP (wizard 101) just let all players be randomly joined with others to do battle this would be fair and teams would not be able to take advantage of players who do not no each other.80 % of players would want this and the ones who do not are the ones who stun,bolt,and are rude to other players.Wizard 101 make PvP fair and make all teams randomly picked and no more team.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
That's why I don't even 3v3/4v4. It's all about who goes first really, if you going up against two myths and one storm and one life. There's chain stunning for you. But regardless I just do 2v2 and 1v1.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Journey men aren't that powerful, so you might want to get stronger before you go back to the arena.