Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bookworm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
I'm pretty sure you get the badge "Bookworm" from the quest "Complete History", where you have to get the History of Life, Storm, Myth, Fire, Death, and Ice Magic Books by defeating bosses around Wizard City. You get this quest by completing the "Old Men" quest where you have to talk to Merle Ambrose, Gamma, and Bartleby. To do THAT quest, you must complete "The Trees" where you have to talk to Blossom, Ivan, Bermy, Kelvin, and Torrence. You get THAT quest by completing a quest (forgot the name) where you have to talk to Moolinda Wu, Cyrus Drake, Dalia Falmea, Lydia Greyrose, and Halston Balestrom. (A little too much information <:D) After I completed the Complete History, i didn't get the Bookworm badge. Am I wrong that I get that badge from that quest? Or is there a glitch where I didn't get it?

Another young wizard also had this problem at https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/22366.ftl Please help Mods!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
After "Old Men", you need to go back to Boris Tallstaff and get the quest "Library Dues". The sequence is: Roving Reporter, The Trees, Old Men, History of Magic, Library Dues.

"Library Dues involves going and defeating various bosses on Wizard101 and gathering each nearby "History of Magic" book:

Lady Blackhope on Unicorn Way.
General Akilles on Cyclops Lane.
Alicane Swiftarrow on Firecat Alley.
The Harvest Lord on Triton Avenue.
Lord Nightshade in the Haunted Cave (off Triton Avenue).
The Gobbler Prince on Colossus Boulevard.

My grandmaster Life wizard doesn't have the Bookworm badge, either (my subsequent wizards do), because I didn't know about the quest at the time. Ijust went to Mr. Tallstaff, who was standing there with an exclamation mark over his head, wanting me help him. I now, at level 50, have the quest "Roving Reporter".

If you complete "Library Dues" and still don't have the badge, send in a ticket to Support.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
The Bookworm badge is earned after you complete the book quest from Zan'ne in Krokotopia. You won't get that quest from him until you have opened up the Krokosphinx area.

Hero
May 27, 2009
You don't get Bookworm until you give the book to Zan'ne in Krok from Tinu Bahkmal in the spiral chamber there.