Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Accidental Purchase..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
So, I was checking out the houses now that I finally reached Dragonspire, and I accidentally hit the buy button on the citadel instead of the preview button.

Is there anyway to undo a purchase?

Kind of a waste of 20k, as It is just a really small place.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Once you buy it, it's yours. It's the player's responsibility to be careful.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Well, I refuse to believe that is the actual official answer. Perhaps if there was an "Are you sure?" message attached I can understand that. But the buy button is just above the preview button, and there is no secondary check.

Saying it's my fault for being human and making a simple mistake is rather horrid customer service.

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
colagada wrote:
Once you buy it, it's yours. It's the player's responsibility to be careful.
yep its true sorry man

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Defender
Feb 19, 2009
I am sorry to say, but CeeJay is right. People make mistakes, there is no way around it. Maybe Kingsisle can undo the purchase? :? Also, that WOULD be horrible customer service.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You're right .. people makes mistakes. Maybe someday, people will actually take responsibility for them as well, instead of demanding that others fix them, or blaming them.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
20K gold isn't much, don't worry about it... when you are higher level that gold won't mean much.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
You can make more than 20k in about an hour by farming. Try Munin the Mistweaver in Mirkholm Keep (Grizzleheim), he is easy to beat and the items sell for a good price in the Bazaar (Coat of Stormy Seas, Terminal Robe, and others for at least 1,000 gold each). It is easy to make a lot of gold!!! :)

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Well, In the end I get stuck with a silly house.

But I would suggest that a confirmation message is added for the purchase of houses. Clothing items and cards already get a preview in the side window. The housing is the only thing you have to hit a separate button to preview it.

Just a thought.

Historian
May 28, 2009
That why i wanted a wizard gold bank. In that case, if you just wanna preview a house, you put all your money and then go see the house. I always wanted the Dragon Spyre Grand fortress house! Is the best! But even i am a level 43 master, i dont have enogh money. snif!

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
That happened to me, I was looking at Krokotopia houses and clicked on the Tent one. And guess what? I didn't post a board, I didn't get mad, and I didn't demand for someone to fix MY mistake. Stop complaining on this, not only was it your fault..but now your blaming KI.

:|

Good day, Wizard.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth MistLeaf (Level 48 Master of Ice)
Savior of the Spiral (Defeated Malistaire)

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
Ceejay91 wrote:
So, I was checking out the houses now that I finally reached Dragonspire, and I accidentally hit the buy button on the citadel instead of the preview button.

Is there anyway to undo a purchase?

Kind of a waste of 20k, as It is just a really small place.

write KI and explain the issue, they will resolve the issue. accidents do happen. the worse they can say is no.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
i agree there shoul dbe a secondary ask window for expensive things like that!

and the arguments of 20k isnt a lot... please save those, only people who are WAY too addicted to this game can make that much in a hour, the rest of us have lives and sometimes 20k is a lot of money to them, so lets not judge how much is a lot to someone, if she is a mom or a younger kid and they only play a hour or 2, 5 days a week, then that might be a lot to them. So i dont think we should scoff at a mistake or at 20k, but agree that there SHOULD be a window that asks you to confirm expensive purchases, cause i would be SUPER UPSET if that happen to me and i needed that 20k to hatch a pet and it took me hours to get that gold and now i got to start over... maybe even if i am frustrated and dont want to farm or hatch anymore, yet i am cause i want what i want lol, that 20k to lose is a HARD 20k to lose sometimes... *sigh*

but sorry origional poster :( prob wont get your gold back, BUT great idea on the new ask window on expensive items, a deffinate MUST i think.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I don't understand the point of continuing to whine about it. The question was asked if the purchase could be undone. The answer is "no".

The ideas for confirmation of purchases/sales has merit, but it belongs in "The Dorms", as does the idea of having a way to undo purchases.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
LoL, there is certainly a lot of hostility from a couple of you folks.

A person posts a simple issue wondering what could be done, some answered and I moved on. It was your choice not to post on the boards and accept your fate.

I chose to see if something could be done. I see nothing wrong with that.

Never figured to be flamed on these boards of all boards, heh.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
Since houses are one of the more expensive expenditures it would be handy to add a confirmation for it.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Ceejay91 wrote:
LoL, there is certainly a lot of hostility from a couple of you folks.

A person posts a simple issue wondering what could be done, some answered and I moved on. It was your choice not to post on the boards and accept your fate.

I chose to see if something could be done. I see nothing wrong with that.

Never figured to be flamed on these boards of all boards, heh.

If you moved on, why are you making your fifth post in this thread?

You complain that others are flaming you, yet you're doing the same thing to them/us for disagreeing with you, and you've flamed KingsIsle for what you call bad customer support, because they won't give you your gold back for your mistake.

Did I miss something here, or is the pot trying to call the kettle black?

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
thats terrible wasting money for that but at least it wasn't saving gold for a school house buying the house and finding out after that your backpack and bank were full and all the hard work and money goes to waste sigh JK THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN TO ME PHEW but i did have that rpob one time i had to craft to rings to be a master artisian badge but i bought one recipe for the ring and then i bought another being a human not tyhinking straight and thinking i had to by it to times like housing item shopping XD

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Actually, I have not aimed one derogatory remark at anyone. The one remark I made about KI's customer service was actually in response to your thread simply stating that your answer would be a poor official response.

I have not complained or flamed once. I have kept my responses absolutely within the bounds of mature responsible replies.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
colagada wrote:

If you moved on, why are you making your fifth post in this thread?

You complain that others are flaming you, yet you're doing the same thing to them/us for disagreeing with you, and you've flamed KingsIsle for what you call bad customer support, because they won't give you your gold back for your mistake.

Did I miss something here, or is the pot trying to call the kettle black?

Honestly the only flaming going on is your apparent hostility for someone else's decision to come here looking for answers. You do not officially work for KI do you? So why would your 'no' be the end all be all answer he/she needed?
Not once did he/she flame KI.
Not once did he/she flame you or anyone else on this topic.

If this issue is so uninteresting to you, or gives you the need to act in a negative way why even bother being a part of it at all? A simple question was asked, "Can mistaken purchases be fixed?" No official KI answer was given. Hence he/she moved on to the idea that, "Well a recommendation for another confirm button (or the like) would be satisfactory." To which others agreed whole-heartedly.

Don't lose sight of the real issue. Human error, responsibility, or whatever you want to call it happens. I think the OP has a legitimate idea of doing everything possible to prevent future problems with purchasing that have 'human error' covered.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
The answer to the question is currently no, and I for one believe it should stay that way. Before you cry "Unfair!" and tell me that I'd think differently if it happened to me, it has. It was entirely my fault that I pressed "Buy" instead if "Preview"; I was moving quickly and not really paying attention. There is no need for a confirmation screen to appear. Just take your time as you go through the game, and don't try to rush through. I'm also pretty sure that when you click "Buy", as long as you don't release the mouse button it's cancellable. Just keep holding down the mouse button while moving the mouse away from the buy button. Basically this means that as long as you're paying attention, you're not going to accidentally spend your money.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Yes I agree to both sides. Once you buy it, it becomes yours. But this was an accident and it is fine to make mistakes, espicially in video games. You could always sell it, you probably won't get ALL your money back but most of it.

Jasmine StormBlood
Lv. 11 Initiate Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Simply ignore them. They would probably devour their own children if the president said, "Eat your children!" No harm can come from adding a purchase confirmation. It makes a great deal of sense. Why is there one for everything he or she listed instead of houses? It's a suggestion worth considering, KI.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
The same thing happened to me. I was going to buy the Palace in MS, and hit buy for the smaller one.

A conformation pop up, like on most purchases or selling, should be on everything that you buy or sell. Not sure why one place may have a conformation asking you if you wish to do something, and somewhere else there isnt. Take the Bazaar. You try to sell 80 things, you will get 80 "Are you sure" popups. Go to the shopping district and you can sell without a prompt