Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't share bank between accounts.

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2010
My daughter and I are no longer able to share the bank between our accounts. Yes we are on the same account. Yes we did become true friends. We were able to share the bank in the past , but it is no longer working .

I have been storing things in the shared bank for my daughter to sell or use , some of the items she is not a high enough level yet but not all. So I would expect some to appear grey to her.

But today she logged in , and we went to my house and I told her to use the share bank and see the goodies mom has been collecting for her , Well I had this shared bank just about full with all types of equipment , and the only thing she saw was a snowflake cowl. I don't even have a snowflake cowl in the shared bank. Yes she was on the shared bank tab , and not her bank account. It really makes me wonder if she wasnt looking at someone elses shared bank. or maybe somehow her game never updated since the last time she played ? Or maybe I am missing something else I need to do? It was working fine last time she was online playing , I dont know what went wrong. Any ideas ?

The shared bank contain around 98 items , all levels inculding items she can use , but not even greyed items , just one pitiful cowl. that is not in my shared bank.

You were never able to share items between two accounts. When you access the Shared Bank (even in another person's house) you only see YOUR bank.

Each account login has their own bank. If you and your daughter shared an account login (same username and password, same Wizards on the account) then yes, they share the same bank.

If you both have separate account logins and passwords (and separate Wizards) they have never been able to share items between two separate accounts.

The only items that can be traded between two different account logins are non-enchanted Treasure Cards and the trade of items between two different accounts will not be a part of Wizard101.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Adherent
May 20, 2010
The reason for the above rule is because it would create a black market for real-life trading (e.g. trading Wizard101 items for real money), something that KingsIsle (Wizard101) wants to avoid.

I'm totally in favor of anything that keeps real-life trading out. Real-life trading will result in "sweatshops", scamming, bots, credit-card fraud, and other undesirable activities that would cause problems and ruin the game.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
colagada wrote:
The reason for the above rule is because it would create a black market for real-life trading (e.g. trading Wizard101 items for real money), something that KingsIsle (Wizard101) wants to avoid.

I'm totally in favor of anything that keeps real-life trading out. Real-life trading will result in "sweatshops", scamming, bots, credit-card fraud, and other undesirable activities that would cause problems and ruin the game.

Do you mean random people that just trade, for Tcards and stuff? Because if this will create a blackmarket, then someone needs to get on a number of realms to stop these type of players doing what they are doing.

Meaning, lately I been seeing a lot of players in shopping district regardless of realm, Saying things like;

accepting all treasure cards
want to trade treasure cards
if you do not like any gear you have please donate it to me
etc.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I question as to why we can't trade items. I recently finished fighting malistare with four other people one of which was my friend. I used the treasure chest after the battle in hopes of getting a myth level 50 shirt, but instead got a fire two lifes a death and a thats all. He on the other hand got a level 50 myth shirt, but no fire shirt. These are the types of instances when trading items would be most useful, because the items i got are non auction so i can't even make money off of what i got.