Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Statue in Commons Lake

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
Does anyone know who the statues are for and what the writing says? Post here if you do.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
I think it's a statue of the first members to defeat malistare, but that's just a guess.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The statue is updated whenever Wizard101 reaches a new milestone in players (1 million, 5 million, and recently 10 million).

"Gratias ago vos" is Latin, roughly, for "Thank you",

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
cruzdude wrote:
Does anyone know who the statues are for and what the writing says? Post here if you do.

Not sure, sorry, but I think it has something to do with the Ice School. ***shrugs***

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
colagada wrote:
The statue is updated whenever Wizard101 reaches a new milestone in players (1 million, 5 million, and recently 10 million).

"Gratias ago vos" is Latin, roughly, for "Thank you",

Exactly Correct! There once was a statue in front of Merle Ambrose's House. When you pressed X (or click on it) Merle Ambrose said: "I'm pleased to announce our 1 millionth student: Fiona AshBlood! Now every new account will receive 101 Crowns when they are created!" After the population reached 5 Million Students, the statue appeared in the Commons saying, as colagada stated, "Thank you" in Latin. They have yet to update/move it for 10 Million Students! So be prepared if you randomly get 101 crowns :D!

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
WhoMan101 wrote:

There once was a statue in front of Merle Ambrose's House. When you pressed X (or click on it) Merle Ambrose said: "I'm pleased to announce our 1 millionth student: Fiona AshBlood! Now every new account will receive 101 Crowns when they are created!"
Funny you should mention her, I once met a girl in Marleybone named Fiona Ashblood (I helped her fight ghosts in Newgate Prison) could they be the same player?

Our 1 millionth player created a character named Fiona Ashblood, and to celebrate our 1 millionth, we put a fountain in the commons. That fountain has since been removed.

Since our names are not unique, anyone can make a character named Fiona Ashblood, so there's no way to know if they're the same one.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
MarcBladebreaker wrote:
I think it's a statue of the first members to defeat malistare, but that's just a guess.
dude there are lots of people who beat malistare before them including two or three of my friends mabey more. so sorry to tell you.