Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

About to kill.. Oh, WEAKNESS!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
Now, I don't mind weakness being that if there is only one, it can't greatly affect your spell. And i know that the more blades and traps that you use, the weakness will be less effective. However, i have counted multiple times in which enemies, even outside of Dragonspyre, using a weakness just before i casted their killing spell.

In the crystal grove, with my storm wizard, i casted a wild bolt the first round on a spider. he had a little bit over 1000 health, like 1200, but i was able to kill since i had a natural boost from clothing. The spider went first, and casted a weakness that very same round, and guess what, wild bolt WORKED, and ended up not killing. This is nothing to complain over, but, it's just a thought.

Also, i realize that the enemies may know more about what you're casting. If they go first, they will do ANYTHING to counter your spell in an attempt to weaken it. However, they will not do anything if they know they will die from it. For example, if i am fighting an enemy with 500 health, and i try wil d bolt (1000 damage), he will clearly die. If he is ice, he will most likely use tower shield, however, due to natural storm boosts, i would succeed in killing. However if i am using a wild bolt on an enemy with 1200 health, and use wild bolt with NO blades or traps, making it around 1200 with normal clothing boosts, he will use WEAKNESS before i attack, and i figure that he wouldn't use it if i didnt attack that round. And they dont use it when i end up fizzling, or when they will die no matter what.

So, there is something strange going on with combat, something that seems a bit too unfair.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The game is too easy as it is. Giving the enemy one less tool to fight back with is ridiculous, in my opinion.

Maybe they can add a few "I don't ever want to lose" realms. In it, the enemies will do nothing while the wizard defeats them.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
Thank Goodness I was worried I was the only one that happend to. It is REALLY ANNOYING! : :x