Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Permanent solutions to stunners

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
As i am no doubt aware many people are annoyed but chain stunners in pvp and are annoyed even more by the fact that they have found a way around the 4 stun shields. So my friends and i came up with a good solution. First of all players could report others that chain stun. Miss use of the report abuse for chain stunning could result in loss of rank. Same for stunners. If they are reported chain stunning they could be reduced in rank, or totally dropped to zero. Another idea could be when they are reported for stunning is a short ban on the account of say a week, then a month, then complete ban from the arena. however just from the arena not the game completely.

This idea has been brought to you by the following ticked off wizards
Nathan DragonFlame (Level 50 Sorcerer) (me)
Nathan GriffinRider (Level 50 Theurgist) (me)
Vanessa AngleHeart (Level 50 Theurgist) (friend)
Chris Soulrider (Level 50 Necromancer) (friend)
*Credibility for this idea goes equally to the above Wizards

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
Meh, getting them banned for a few days wont help anything. KI just needs to get in gear and actually fix the problem with an actual good idea. How about not letting earthquake remove stun shields, but still allow it to remove all other damage reducing shields. (This is keeping the 4 stun shields... If they have to add more so be it)

...................*´¨)............................................................(¨´*
..................¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨).....(¨*•.¸.. (¨´*•.¸´•.¸
................(¸.•´..........(¸. RiskYourLife •.¸)..........´•.¸)

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
report someone for chain stunning? i dont chain stun and i have been chain stunned but does it really matter try getting some stun blocks or something and get over it

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Chain stunning is a strategy, not a cheat. IMO, kingsisle over-reacted a little to much about putting up four. I think it should go back to one.

And you should definitely not be banned for a useful strategy that was recently ruined.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
NuclearWar wrote:
Chain stunning is a strategy, not a cheat.

Actually you are incorrect. In almost every game there are ways around what the game designers intended.,and they are referred to as exploits. An exploit is a simple form of cheating. It can be from pvp,or anything else in the game. Though I commend the people who had the intelligence to come up with it,they also had the wherewithal to realize it shouldn't be implemented. The response by KI confirmed this. I would suspect anyone who keeps trying to find ways around this would indeed be in danger of some sort of KI sanction. But having said that, I think players have really overreacted to this problem. They should just report it,and move on to next game. I certainly don't think it's something worth the furor i have seen on it from both sides of the argument.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
They didn't overreact at all. Pvp in almost every aspect should be pretty fair when playing same levels. Chain stunning was an instant "win button". I have played a few games and the only thing that came close to stunning was a godstone that paralyzed a target for 5 seconds. This godstone had to proc of course and only had a 5% chance of going off. It usually didn't, but if it did you could pretty much call it a win. This game has turns and who goes first has a higher chance of winning. That being said, no team should not be able to do anything but sit there and die. Honestly it wouldn't bother me if they got rid of chain stunning, and spam dispel. Whatever it takes to actually see some skill in the arena. Maybe it's why they havent had a pvp season in a year.

..........*´¨)............................................................(¨´*
........¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨).....(¨*•.¸.. (¨´*•.¸´•.¸
......(¸.•´..........(¸. RiskYourLife •.¸)..........´•.¸)

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:
Chain stunning is a strategy, not a cheat.

Actually you are incorrect. In almost every game there are ways around what the game designers intended.,and they are referred to as exploits. An exploit is a simple form of cheating. It can be from pvp,or anything else in the game. Though I commend the people who had the intelligence to come up with it,they also had the wherewithal to realize it shouldn't be implemented. The response by KI confirmed this. I would suspect anyone who keeps trying to find ways around this would indeed be in danger of some sort of KI sanction. But having said that, I think players have really overreacted to this problem. They should just report it,and move on to next game. I certainly don't think it's something worth the furor i have seen on it from both sides of the argument.

I guess it really depends on which side you see it, but to me I dont see stunning someone over and over a cheating. What is the point of having a stun in a game if you are restricted to how many times you can use it?

Survivor
May 20, 2009
RiskYourLife wrote:
They didn't overreact at all. Pvp in almost every aspect should be pretty fair when playing same levels. Chain stunning was an instant "win button". I have played a few games and the only thing that came close to stunning was a godstone that paralyzed a target for 5 seconds. This godstone had to proc of course and only had a 5% chance of going off. It usually didn't, but if it did you could pretty much call it a win. This game has turns and who goes first has a higher chance of winning. That being said, no team should not be able to do anything but sit there and die. Honestly it wouldn't bother me if they got rid of chain stunning, and spam dispel. Whatever it takes to actually see some skill in the arena. Maybe it's why they havent had a pvp season in a year.

..........*´¨)............................................................(¨´*
........¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨).....(¨*•.¸.. (¨´*•.¸´•.¸
......(¸.•´..........(¸. RiskYourLife •.¸)..........´•.¸)

As i am no doubt aware many people are annoyed but chain stunners in pvp and are annoyed even more by the fact that they have found a way around the 4 stun shields. So my friends and i came up with a good solution. First of all players could report others that chain stun. Miss use of the report abuse for chain stunning could result in loss of rank. Same for stunners. If they are reported chain stunning they could be reduced in rank, or totally dropped to zero. Another idea could be when they are reported for stunning is a short ban on the account of say a week, then a month, then complete ban from the arena. however just from the arena not the game completely.

the three posts above are completely and 100% wrong (ok not 100% for one)

Lets start with the one at the top.

It is not a win button, there is still a chance for the other team to strike. If the team that is being chain stunned sees who they are up against because it can be ovious be their close and colors. They can stun first and i believe (I dont have i myth or fire(yet )) stuns can fizzle.

On to the second one.

With the myth using earthquake to get rid of the stun shields. Heres the thing you shouldn't need to worry about earthquake getting rid of your *presious* stun shields because there should be ONE ONLY ONE.The fact that you all complaining has not just affected PvP but regular play is crazy and makes me very mad. Yes if you didnt already know, when you use a stun in regular play it will give the normal street enemy four stun shields which is outragous

Also Chain stunners should not be reported and should not be punished the reason why i'll cover with the...

And finnally the third one and the most incorrect.

Stuns are not exploits if they were exploits they wouldnt have made stun all enemies spells. Juts using the same spell over and over is also not an exploit.

And as i said earlier they dhould not be reported. And that shows you have not seen it from both sides also.

Oh well you lost to a good strategy just take your lose and learn from it. I am sick and tired of people complaining about chain stunning and as i said earlier the fact that all the people complaining has actualy affected regular gameplay makes my furious absolutly FURIOUS.

And finnaly think of wizard101 if all the complainer's win. You could only use your one or two pip(s) spells, traps and blade wouldnt exits, Malistare can only use dark sprite and has 200 health, PvP would be jsut spinning a wheel to see who wins or loses and if you win you get 10000000000000 arena tickets and xp or whatever i dont play in the arena much and if you lose you would get 50000000000 arena tickets and xp, if the coplainers win every time they will completely and totally ruin a already awesome and fun game :(

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
paladin429 wrote:

This idea has been brought to you by the following ticked off wizards
Nathan DragonFlame (Level 50 Sorcerer) (me)
Nathan GriffinRider (Level 50 Theurgist) (me)
Vanessa AngleHeart (Level 50 Theurgist) (friend)
Chris Soulrider (Level 50 Necromancer) (friend)
*Credibility for this idea goes equally to the above Wizards

i am grand myth and i do chain stun with 4 shields. but we should not be reported for something that is in the game. we are playing fair. and we dont cheat. stun would not even be in the game if it was cheating so we have every right to stun. chaining is 100% fair because it is in the game!!! And you cant ban anyone from the arena for using a good strategy.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
^ two posts above. Wow really? Only way you guys can get gear? Oh the pvp gear wannabes... And the reasons games change is because people QQ about unfair things and the developers can see why they should or shouldn't add it. Why are they looking into chain stunning? It is unfair, I don't care what anyoe says. This game just can't allow the other team to do nothing and die because they miss 4 turns.

Really? Did you just say you were mad mobs get 1 stun shield too? Do you really have to chain stun mobs in this game to win too? LOL rather pathetic.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
lol i've been in pvps and we stun them once and they call us chain stunners and report us all, some people just wanna win all the time and complain about anything that doesnt benefit them. Chainstunning is very annoying however it is in the game. though i do think it would be cool if the rounds happened at the same time. or do it like in the mb sprial key warehouse where its your tun, then the bosses, then the next persons, etc.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
"try getting some stun blocks"

see there is a problem with that because what if they stun you before you can put the shield on? another thing is even if you put a shield to people always stun, WITCH MEANS you would be stunned either way.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Reporting people for using a card? What's next? Reporting people for using judgement?Wild Bolt? Shields? Attacks? HEALING?!?! That is were your idea heads to. You're basiclly saying you want Kingsisle to BAN their PAYING PLAYERS for having a strategy.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
NuclearWar wrote:
Chain stunning is a strategy, not a cheat. IMO, kingsisle over-reacted a little to much about putting up four. I think it should go back to one.

And you should definitely not be banned for a useful strategy that was recently ruined.
Not really a strategy, lets think of it this way. So its a strategy that involves making the other person keep passing round after round isn't a problem?

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Yeah, no. Bad idea. A good idea or KI, which i know will be shot down, is making a crow shop outfit that makes it so you cannot be stunned, while giving an overall 25% resistance, plus 15% power, and gives stun shield card. Don't you think its a good idea? Have items that block stuns? How about that?