Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown Items that level up with you

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Steal the thunder from another popular game and make us some items we can buy with crowns that we can use all the way up. On your $$ side lol maybe not as good as ours.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I used some level five crown equipment all the way up to grandmaster, and even at grandmaster I'm using the low level crown boots that gives me a tower shield. It isn't that such items aren't in the game, its that I believe some of them have already been retired. By the way, I like it when items get retired cause it rewards the older accounts in having stuff that newer ones can't get. It kind of makes up for one time only sign up and friend's invitation item bonuses.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Adherent
May 20, 2010
That won't happen. Here are three reasons:

1) There would be fewer Crowns items to buy, meaning less revenue for KingsIsle.

2) Charging more wouldn't work well, as people are more likely to pay smaller amounts for each successive item, over time, than one large amount at the beginning.

3) Having one item would mean that using it on different wizards on the account (without buying multiples) requires each wizard to put the items in the Shared Bank for the next wizard.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
I can think of 3 reasons why it would work:

1: I work everyday and getting gear for a character vs just playing the character seems redundant.
Granted you don't really "have" to upgrade your gear but it always helps.

2: Comparatively you would really only buy the low level crown items once. And now that I am farther I find that I am not even using them so mostly they just help my low level wizard's.

So if they made items that level up with your character and you pay a bit more for them, count me in. Because I'm still only going to buy them once, wouldn't you want more $ from me if you could?

3: Make them cost a lot of gold and be something that high level players could attain for their new low level wizards. Doing this would add another thing for a grand master to do. Making them cost a lot of gold would make it so that if someone wanted to they could purchase gold with crowns and obtain the same item.

I'd even be happy with some type of crafting items that would work this way.

Hero
May 19, 2009
GalnWizard101 wrote:
I can think of 3 reasons why it would work:

1: I work everyday and getting gear for a character vs just playing the character seems redundant.
Granted you don't really "have" to upgrade your gear but it always helps.

2: Comparatively you would really only buy the low level crown items once. And now that I am farther I find that I am not even using them so mostly they just help my low level wizard's.

So if they made items that level up with your character and you pay a bit more for them, count me in. Because I'm still only going to buy them once, wouldn't you want more $ from me if you could?

3: Make them cost a lot of gold and be something that high level players could attain for their new low level wizards. Doing this would add another thing for a grand master to do. Making them cost a lot of gold would make it so that if someone wanted to they could purchase gold with crowns and obtain the same item.

I'd even be happy with some type of crafting items that would work this way.

If they did add it, it would be for crowns only and would have to cost around 10000 crowns or more for the set. But thats if they did add it, but they wont.