Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Option for Grandmasters to Ascend

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I am a member of this game and have topped my storm character to grandmaster and have no desire to play any other school as I simply don't like the others half as much as I do storm.

What I would like to do is ascend my character, which means essentially choosing to restart my character back to level one, while keeping all of my training points that I earned through the yard birds and other finding quests, as well as have my character recieve 10% more attack damage, health, and mana, so that when I level back up and complete the quests all over again (typically using the same equipment I have found already, I'll end up stronger than I am now). To make things more interesting, ascended characters should then be allowed to access both the standard servers and servers just for ascended players. The ascended players servers would then be made more difficult, the watered down malistair quest would not be watered down on the ascended server, the watered down collosus tower would not be watered down, and so on. It is like first playing a game on an easy or normal setting and then after ascending playing it on hard. Some new items could be added to the ascended server, or existant items be made slightly more powerful.

The reason why Wizard101 would want to do this is to retain players that have hit grandmaster and have nothing else to do in the game, except start over and there isn't much point in that for most of us so we quit and Wizard101 loses continuation of revenues from already existant players.

Consider letting us ascend our characters to a harder setting. Also, if you do that, make as a requirement for ascending that all quests have to first be completed in order to ascend. This prevents those who just level up without ever doing any quest lines from ascending countless characters and discourages players from not following the natural order of the game. On the normal servers, ascended characters would likely have their names in a different color than anyone else, or have the title "ascended" under their names.

Keep in mind, we will be raising the level cap to 60 when we release the new world of Celestia later this year. Don't worry there will be lots of features for the grandmasters to explore!

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
oo the level cap is being raised???? yay! but what happens after all the worlds have been realsed? is there ideas for new ones after the last 4 are released?

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
ProspectorZeke wrote:
Keep in mind, we will be raising the level cap to 60 when we release the new world of Celestia later this year. Don't worry there will be lots of features for the grandmasters to explore!

Is there gonna be a new title or is Grand Master the last title. idk if you do but some of the ideas people are putting up are pretty good and can keep people playing and get new people to try it.

Wolf Dark Blade,

level 40 Master Pyromancer

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Arwenia16 wrote:
oo the level cap is being raised???? yay! but what happens after all the worlds have been realsed? is there ideas for new ones after the last 4 are released?

I'd slow down right there. I'm bot trying to be rude but, KingsIsle is trying SO HARD to build one world. Look how long it's took them, let alone 8 worlds! They've got to still do the other things.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
XMike551X wrote:
Arwenia16 wrote:

I'd slow down right there. I'm bot trying to be rude but, KingsIsle is trying SO HARD to build one world. Look how long it's took them, let alone 8 worlds! They've got to still do the other things.

where did u get 8 from? i never said 8 will all due respect i said 4 after dragonspire according to KI there are 4 more worlds planned. one of them obviously was grizzleheim. im just asking that if they are planning to make new worlds after the last 4 are released or is the game going to end? thats all im asking... srry if i stepped on anyones toes

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
If they're raising the level to 60 shouldn't you give all the schools another spell or maybe even two? But wait a second there has been a lot of gear and itmes bought with crowns by players that are grands right now. If you raise the level all the way to 60 the items they bought aren't so great any more because i'd imagine the new items would give you more health, power, defense ect, even more than the crown items bought. I don't mean to be rude to KI but that's ripping a whole bunch of people off! I'm a level 49 and i bought the overload set the moment i could but if the new high is going to be fifteen levels higher than that did i just waste ten thousnad crowns on something that wasn't even going to last the whole game? The overload set already isn't the greatest gear you can find for health and if KI brings out a new set of crown gear I'm telling you right now that i'm definitly not wasting any more money on this game On a much calmer note, you have to keep the game reasonably fair for old players as well as new players. We bought the best stuff we could thinking that we wouldn't need to use any other set of clothes or wands because we would have the best we could find. But if we goo into this new world and they have way better items, crowns, gold or dropped the only thing that happened was we spent money on something that was only going to last a few months and something that wasn't even real at that.

Aaron FireStone lvl 49 pyromancer

Hero
May 19, 2009
Arwenia16 wrote:
XMike551X wrote:
Arwenia16 wrote:

where did u get 8 from? i never said 8 will all due respect i said 4 after dragonspire according to KI there are 4 more worlds planned. one of them obviously was grizzleheim. im just asking that if they are planning to make new worlds after the last 4 are released or is the game going to end? thats all im asking... srry if i stepped on anyones toes

Actaully including celestia there will be 5 new worlds. Which would bring the count up to 11. The first 5 where part of the malistare arc, and the next 5 will be part of the umbra queen arc. Also there is only 1 side world which is grizzlehiem.