Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Drop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
Me and my friend have been farming Youkai for about five hours so far to get the Minatour pet and we've had no luck so far. Can you think about increasing the drop rate just a LITTLE bit?

Explorer
May 22, 2009
I dont even want to get into it with you. Deal with the drop rate, i got 3 in 20 tries. There's no guarentee that you will get the pet, and the drop rate is just fine, even a bit high. Also there is no way to increase the drop rate without actually changing it. So just keep trying i guess.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Try inviting a fire friend into your group, sure you two likely won't find the pet yourself, but at least the fire player should find about ten of them while playing with you.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Dude it's ok just farm until you get what you want, or go to another boss. This is coming from a professional farming i got all WC, Krok, MB new and old Pets. And still farming 8)

Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
None of you are going to believe this, but I got the death cyclops by beating General Greystone on my first try! NO JOKE! This was also my first pet dropped in battle ever! I am so excited!!! :D :D :D :D

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Try inviting a fire friend into your group, sure you two likely won't find the pet yourself, but at least the fire player should find about ten of them while playing with you.

Seasnake, drop it and stop posting about fire getting pets/items so much. ITS NOT TRUE....

you are seriously the biggest gm noob on the message boards.

it is also annoying seeing on every single post on the pets page "make a fire person they always get pets"

or "if you see a fire friend who needs a pet, tell him to port to you!"

just because fire is awesome doesnt mean you ahve to hate 24/7

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
Well pet drops are by chance, many people think by adding people into a battle or fighting alone will increace it, its ONLY chance, nothing else, and besides, farming for a long time IS KINDA good because you get stuff to sell so your technically getting a lot of gold. Now i am a little mad that i rarely get pet drops but hey, i'm alright with the gold, and its kinda fun :-D ;-) :)