Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Non-combat spells

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 30, 2009
Okay. I have an idea for spells that you dont cast in combat, but in normal play.
Charms. They are spells you cast on other players. The other player has to accept the charm. For example, a bubble charm(storm). A wizard can cast in on him/herself, or on a friend. If their friend accepts, bubbles will float around the player for an hour, or whatever the time set is. The would be other charms like: Stormcloud,fire,Snowstorm,bats, ect.

Tangles. Each school would have their own. They cost mana, and are used on enimies. They freeze an enemy for fowever (long 5 seconds per mana bit?)
an in order to get in a fight with them, you have to walk up to them and press x.

comment any improvements you are thinking of!

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
Here are my ideas:
Heal: Heal other players or let them run faster for a short time for a small mana cost.
Damage: Damage other players or make them run slower for a short time for a small mana cost. You can't damage them anymore if their health gets to 1.

Different schools have different amounts of healing, damage and time.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
trose318 wrote:
Here are my ideas:
Heal: Heal other players or let them run faster for a short time for a small mana cost.
Damage: Damage other players or make them run slower for a short time for a small mana cost. You can't damage them anymore if their health gets to 1.

Different schools have different amounts of healing, damage and time.
Healing using spells outside of a battle would be the downfall of the game, the slowing down and damaging would be abused by rude people and just start more problems

Defender
May 21, 2009
Da1Meeper wrote:
Okay. I have an idea for spells that you dont cast in combat, but in normal play.
Charms. They are spells you cast on other players. The other player has to accept the charm. For example, a bubble charm(storm). A wizard can cast in on him/herself, or on a friend. If their friend accepts, bubbles will float around the player for an hour, or whatever the time set is. The would be other charms like: Stormcloud,fire,Snowstorm,bats, ect.

Tangles. Each school would have their own. They cost mana, and are used on enimies. They freeze an enemy for fowever (long 5 seconds per mana bit?)
an in order to get in a fight with them, you have to walk up to them and press x.

comment any improvements you are thinking of!

First off I have to say this, I have always wanted to see non combat spells. I like your "Charm" spell ideas but I do not like "Tangles". I don't like them because it really be like cheating (in my mind.) I have some of my own ideas though.

Camoflauges. They would kinda sorta be like transformations to some extent. I mean that one school maybe able to change the color of your mount. While another maybe able to change the apperance of your pet. The effects of camoflauge is not permenant.

Thats all I got for now. I also think there should be a non combat deck and they should not cost mana. Finally I think that if there will be non combat spells you get to choose if you want them or not. Thank you for reading!