Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question on personal info rules.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
I understand it is against the rules to ask for personal information such as address, phone number, school etc , but is it against the rules to ask for someone's Facebook information?

I met a player that asked for mine, not that I would hand that out to just anyone.
It's well known that your social networking pages can be used to trace your identity and location if you're not extremely careful with the information you share.

I made a search on the site and forums and come up with nothing on this, so I figured I would make a thread to ask. I didn't want to risk making a false report.

Thank you for any answers given.

This is very much a reportable offense. Anyone who solicits or exchanges personal information in the game, including Facebook, MySpace, YouTube or any other identifying information, will be banned from the game.

If anyone solicits you for information on ways to contact you outside of Wizard101, report them immediately.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
This is very much a reportable offense. Anyone who solicits or exchanges personal information in the game, including Facebook, MySpace, YouTube or any other identifying information, will be banned from the game.

If anyone solicits you for information on ways to contact you outside of Wizard101, report them immediately.
I have youtube and I tell my friends to check out my videos, i give them my channel name and video names, is that ok?

Firefrog16 wrote:
I have youtube and I tell my friends to check out my videos, i give them my channel name and video names, is that ok?

No it is not. As I just explained,
Anyone who solicits or exchanges personal information in the game, including Facebook, MySpace, YouTube or any other identifying information, will be banned from the game.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.