Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I cant believe this happened

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I am a lvl 29 balance (no, i dont use judgement all the time) and i was fighting this life person. Towards the end of the battle, She had a minion and she drew another one and right after that, somehow a pixie came out of no where and healed her. She did 2 spells in one turn, the minion and pixie. Is this a bug or something

Hero
May 19, 2009
Most likley her pet did it. Some pets have an abilty to cast spells of there own, but its usaully a blade or trap.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Firefrog16 wrote:
I am a lvl 29 balance (no, i dont use judgement all the time) and i was fighting this life person. Towards the end of the battle, She had a minion and she drew another one and right after that, somehow a pixie came out of no where and healed her. She did 2 spells in one turn, the minion and pixie. Is this a bug or something

maybe her pet spritly it casts a heal spell.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
sounds like the player had a pet that has a chance to cast its own spell during her turn, this is no bug but rather a pet thing and you can't rely upon pets as they only cast periodically

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Actually no, this is just her using a minion. I use them all the time in PVP. Its not a glitch or a bug or anything, its just her minon using a spell and her using a spell.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
No. She used a spell to replace her minion, but her previous minion was still given the opportunity to cast it's spell. While the minion was being replaced, the attack animation of the previous minions spell was still going on.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
No, its actually a good savior technique. Like I used this with my grand life vs a grand storm. I was going first. I had a minion out and the opponent was about to use storm lord. So i casted another minion to replace the one before it died, the one i was replacing casted its guiding light, then i was hit with lord. But the new minion wasnt hit or stunned and continued the fight. Strangly the storm surrendered that round O_o

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
I am somewhat confused whether the minion was already out or not. I will assume it wasnt. My only guess to this would be it was a special skill of their pet. One of my pets has a skill that says it may cast a storm ward. It could be something similer to this, but heals instead. I cant give you a 100% answer, but knowing some pets have the ability to cast a spell at a small chance, it could be what you encountered.

If the minion was already out it was the one who casted the heal.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but let me explain.

Her minion was probably low on health, or in danger of being attacked, so she used another sprite guardian card, and summoned another one, and what happened after that is that the old minion casted their spell (fairy in this case), which healed her.

It's the same for all minion spells.

For Example, A myth wizard summons a living puppet minion, but then later summons a 3-pip troll minion (troll brute). The troll brute will take the place of the golem minion, but the golem minion will still cast the spell it was gonna cast that round (i.e. the golem minion was to cast natural attack, but then gets replaced by a troll minion. the golem minion will still attempt to cast natural attack as if it was still there.)

Kinda hard for me to explain, but I think you get the point.

Hope I helped.