Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Fighting yourself

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
OK, so I have tried PVP for awhile. I recently got to Sergeant, and then got dropped down because the Storm School found a way for Wild Bolt to work like 1,000,000 times in a row. And I dropped down to Corporal. Then, I fought a Death wizard, lost. Then fought Balance. Lost, Fought the SAME balance again. Lost. I keep fighting the SAME balance wizard every-time, and PVP is fun but I am not just going to waste my time. There needs to be something, where you can see who your fixing to fight before you do fight them. I am sick of wasting my time on fighting another Balance who just judges me everytime.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
ive fought hundreds of other schools but latley ive been fighting balance every time they use judegment every time sirously i want to know who im fighting plz do some thing ks

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Your thread title just inspired something in me!

Why not an option in your house where you can step on a portal and a computer version, or rather an exact copy of you is loaded up and you are transported into an arena to duel against yourself?

It would be nice to see how you stack up against your own deck, because it will have all of the same cards, same gear, everything as you. Same stats, etc.

Reminds me of a song, dancing with my se-elf oh oh! XP

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
instead of complaining, learn how each school plays. For instance, I had the hardest time with myth, balance, and storm. However, once i learned that storm is going to try and bolt every time, I adjusted my tactics to weaken and shield while steadily building up for a big hit. Myth was easy to figure out. they like going for the 2 hit combo with the dog. Shields are a waste of time with them. Instead I weakness and go pure offense. I now lose maybe 2 out of ten matches with myth. Balance was the easiest to figure out. They are always going to build up for the biggest hit with judgment. So how do you beat that? Make them use pips, with weakness and shielding yourself and slowly draining them of life so they have to try and heal.

PvP in Wizard 101 is nothing but a chess game with cards. You have to learn to think 2 or 3 moves ahead.

Jason Deathbringer Grandmaster necromancer

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Wolfsun wrote:
instead of complaining, learn how each school plays. For instance, I had the hardest time with myth, balance, and storm. However, once i learned that storm is going to try and bolt every time, I adjusted my tactics to weaken and shield while steadily building up for a big hit. Myth was easy to figure out. they like going for the 2 hit combo with the dog. Shields are a waste of time with them. Instead I weakness and go pure offense. I now lose maybe 2 out of ten matches with myth. Balance was the easiest to figure out. They are always going to build up for the biggest hit with judgment. So how do you beat that? Make them use pips, with weakness and shielding yourself and slowly draining them of life so they have to try and heal.

PvP in Wizard 101 is nothing but a chess game with cards. You have to learn to think 2 or 3 moves ahead.

I like your idea of it being a chess game and that you just have to figure out a way to beat every school. A lot of people complain about schools they don't like fighting, but the only way to fix it is to learn how to defeat them.

Aaron FireStone lvl 49 Pyromancer

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
XMike551X wrote:
OK, so I have tried PVP for awhile. I recently got to Sergeant, and then got dropped down because the Storm School found a way for Wild Bolt to work like 1,000,000 times in a row. And I dropped down to Corporal. Then, I fought a Death wizard, lost. Then fought Balance. Lost, Fought the SAME balance again. Lost. I keep fighting the SAME balance wizard every-time, and PVP is fun but I am not just going to waste my time. There needs to be something, where you can see who your fixing to fight before you do fight them. I am sick of wasting my time on fighting another Balance who just judges me everytime.
hey, i just thought of a way too stop judges killing everyone,make your match under lvl 28 then no more judges!

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
Wolfsun wrote:

Now I know why they always slowly kill my balance character so he wastes his power pips with satyr.... I always wondered, and I thought my strategy of shields and then one big judgment was my own creation. You figured me out completely!
I am worse at chess then I am with PvP.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
masterinnes wrote:
XMike551X wrote:
hey, i just thought of a way too stop judges killing everyone,make your match under lvl 28 then no more judges!

Ranked matches you don't get to choose teams or level. And some people are over level 28. :?

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
Wolfsun wrote:

you got a nice strategy