Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

~Myth School Club~

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
Welcome all Myth Students

This is where all we Myth People can talk about how awesome Myth.

This is also where you can post a questions, comments, or concerns about the myth school!

Have fun my fellow Mythers

Myth Rocks :-D

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I really enjoy Myth.

After summoning my minion, I dont even have to use mana. I just wand away, or buff/debuff mobs while my minion does the dirty work.

Now, my Myth wizard is only level 14, lol, so of course I still have it easy, but I will only look forward to more fun as I enter the world of Krokotopia.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
Hello Shiningfantasia,

You are going to have so much fun being myth. I am level 38 and have been higher before the wipe. The minions are awesome and the spells are so cool.

Might I suggest Storm or Life being your secondary school. Storm because of the high damage. Life because of the healing spells along with the high accuracy.

Enjoy being an awesome myth character

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Does anyone else ever use Sacrifice Minion and imagine themselves EATING the minion?

Maybe I'm just weird. Ha ha!

"Hmmm, I don't have any Pixies, but Cyclop Ribs sound tasty! Nom, Nom, Nom!"

Since it causes damage, Sacrifice Minion is also a great way to get rid of a Weakness at the same time that you heal yourself.

Now that I'm in my twenties, and I've blown through pretty much every boss I've met, including Baron Mordecai, I've come to the conclusion that Myth is actually one of the strongest schools. I've noticed, though, that I tend to play it as a build up for one big hit as opposed to a lot of small hits. Nothing is quite as satisfying as spending four turns laying down traps and blades and then dropping a Humungofrog on a bunch of unsuspecting monsters. *heh*

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Thank you for the advice Kayay123. :-)

Yea, I have thought about my secondary school. But while storm is incredibly powerful, I chose to go into life, since I already had to heal quite a bit throughout my beginning quests. Later on, I will have an easy time knowing I can depend on Satyrs, or absorb shields.

As far as powerful hits are concerned, I had found Swiftarrow's Choker on the Kraken boss in Triton Avenue. That necklace gives me Myth traps. :-D They will stack ontop of your regular Myth traps, to further increase your damage from Myth spells.

I look forward to leveling my Myth wizard. I am now able to go to Krokotopia, and get myself upgrades and start questing in the Temple of Kings.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
Very good choice going with life. The healing with really help along with the accuracy.

Have fun with Krokotopia. I never did. I thought is was to long. But don't worry. There is a lot of great stuff you can get there.

Remember to go to the secret shop. Although you probably already no the one I'm talking about. The one you can only go at certain times of the day.

I look forward to seeing you in Mooshu. And if you want to tell me your character name and what times you are usually on I can become your friend and help you out.

My character name is Myrna MythRider

Have Fun!!!!!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
Even though I am a myth student I don't use my Minions much!

So if you could tell me what sacrifice does and how it is used that would be great

If you could also tell me the advantages of a minion that would be great to.

Minotaur Minion should be fun. I call it menace the Minotaur! I named my frog Fred. Fred the Frog!

Myth Rules!!!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Awesome! :-D My name is Tarlac Lifebender. (Err, I think its Lifebender.)
I am now in the Chamber of Fire in Krokotopia, and I love it! There was an update maintenace for tonight, so, I am using this time to browse through the forums. :-P

So far, I still really enjoy Myth. You brought up a good point about not having to use minions much, I could do really well without one actually. But, the reason I use and love my minions so much is, while they keep attacking, I can stop to heal myself. :-P

Even with the Golem Minion, I dont use a single pip, and I will have too pips on the second turn. I could have the option of buffing myself or my minion with Buff Minion spell, and charge for a third pip while my minion starts to damage my enemies.

By that time, if I have been attacked too much, or am really hurt, I can just heal myself while my minion continues to pound on my enemies.

When I am back on my feet, I can simply fire off spells to finish what the minion almost single handedly started. I do realize, that in the later levels, it probably becomes nearly impossible to do that with enemies having such high health counts, in which I would probably have to sacrifice some healing time so I could actually defeat at least one enemy before they have enough time to seriously damage me.

But, I look forward to finding out for myself how it goes later on, and right now, I am just concentrating on enjoying my long stay in Krokotopia. :-P I have also found and looked through the hidden shop, and purchased my first two minion spells. I am now in the process of saving enough money to get my new athame, and my upgraded ring. I found some high level boots I cannot even wear yet, that give me a huge health bonus. :-P

My name is Tarlac Lifebender, and I look forward to meeting you. I play every single day, every chance I get lol, since I have no life. (I work and play, thats my lifestyle at the moment, and I really dont mind it at all :-D)
If you want to meet, hang around Krokotopia near evening time, and watch for a Tarlac Lifebender jumping around. :-P

Oh, and please show off your Minotaur :-D, I want to see it in action.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
Hey,

Here is the thing, I only am allowed to play on weekends because my parents want me to have a life and be good at school. I'm am working on them so I can play all the time.

I will definitely show you Menace the Minotaur!!!!! He is awesome and my favorite attacks from all of the schools!!!

Can't wait to meet you

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
That is very smart. I play nearly 24/7, and trust me, you dont want that. ;P

I have seen some really cool things about my minions. I know finally got my Cyclops minion, and they even do Fire bird and Thunder shark attacks in addition to the Cyclops attack.

I had given my minion a blade, a minion blade, and my minion had cast a trop on his target. That target was Myth element, and also had one of my convert prisms on it.

Needless to say, that Cyclops spell he fired off did more than 700 damage! And lets just say that on top of that, I was also attacking. (That turn I had chosen to give him the minion blade, since I knew he was going to summon the Cyclops spell.)

I love my Myth wizard. Oh, btw, I knew that Lifebender was a bit too corny for me, and took another good look at what my character's name is, lol.

It is Tarlac Lifetamer. I am now level 19, running around in Krokotopia. You'll definately see me there.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2008
hello i am nathan shadowblade. im in krokosphinxs. i am lv 20 but there's a problem. are there any other myth fanatics BELOW me that have reached the tomb of the storms

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Tarlac Lifetamer here. It has been a while, and I have not been playing a whole lot, but I am now level 25, questing in the Tomb of Storms.

I reconfigured my deck to include more shields and defense boosters, and while my minion continues to pound away at my opponents, I simply buff and debuff, occasionally casting some wand attacks or spells of my own.

I have noticed that fights with a Myth wizard seem to take much longer than with any ordinary wizard, but have also found that I conserve my mana a whole lot more. Other than spending pips to cast my minion, and pips to cure myself with, all damage is done by my minion, and I barely lift a finger.

I look forward to hitting Mooshu, although I do not look forward to pushing my way through Marleybone in the process.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Quick Question, whats the negative or downside to going Fire School as primary and Myth as secondary, I would hate to start all over (though I am only at level 10) but I am having a more and more difficult time with this combo I think. Perhaps I am missing something....thanks!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Well, the downside to Myth as a secondary school is that you do not get the pets/minions that a Myth wizard gets.

Myth magic is decent damage with decent/low accuracy, so its still a powerful complement to an already powerful school, but Myth as a secondary simply grants you extra damage spells from a different school.

In your case, I would say Fire/Life would be more efficient (healing).

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
YIKES!
SO that said, I assume now at lvl 11 its too late to switch!?

Is that true or not? Life and Fire, sounds decent...I do like Myth so far, nice damage on my end and I am getting ok creatures as well....

Seems like Myth requires a bit more pips than the Fire school, but overall, seems to be working well for me...

Appreciate your reply on this or anyone else who may have some advise or even if its possible to change schools at this point or would I need to make a new Wizard!?

Gabriel Fireleaf!

Community Leader
I love Myth!

I love the fact that I don't have to worry about begging friends to help me through certain things because I an conjure minions. And the Minotaur spell just knocks my socks off.

Who (besides me) thinks we should be able to get a Minotaur pet?

In game, find me as Abigail MythHammer.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
Survivor
Jul 06, 2008
I went with a mix of Myth/Storm cause of the reversal power. Sad to say, Myth lacks power as you advance. The spells and summons suffer compared to the others. Trudge on and have fun.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
Hi all, I'm lvl 32 and looking forward to my lvl 38 Minion. but I don't yet know what form he takes. can you tell me what it is? thanks!

Community Leader
Broglesasul wrote:
Hi all, I'm lvl 32 and looking forward to my lvl 38 Minion. but I don't yet know what form he takes. can you tell me what it is? thanks!

It's a minotaur minion! He doesn't inflict a lot of damage, his job is to distract one bad guy so you can pound on the other. He's also very good at taking care of himself. 8)

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
hi am a myth dude i am almost to level 48 and i want to know if cerebes is a lvl X spell thanks :-D
ps my students name is devin fairy song

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
sweet! thanks :-) what's his pip cost if you don't mind my asking? currently i have a good portion of my extra training points into cards from the marleybone trainer to give me pips for sacrificing my minions for more pips, didn't know if this was gonna be a sac pet or the reason for me to use pips lol.

Community Leader
dwg78 wrote:
...d i want to know if cerebes is a lvl X spell thanks :-D

Hey there! I'm the same level as you and I haven't seen any variety of two-headed dog spell as yet. But that doesn't mean there won't be!

Community Leader
Broglesasul wrote:
sweet! thanks :-) what's his pip cost if you don't mind my asking?

Minotaur is a 3 pip minion. I find he's excellent if you can bring him out early in a fight, but less so if you bring him out later. Later, it takes him longer to get the bad guy's attention off you and onto him.