Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why can't I go anywhere?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
For the last week or so, when ever I try to teleport or port to one of my friends, go to a new realm that is marked as perfect or normal, go to my house, the commons, or even out of a building or into a shop, a screen appears saying error and does not allow me to go anywhere. I have tried exiting the game and going back to character selection to see if that would fix it. I have even left the game completly and re-logged in to see if it is fixed. Nothing. So, I would just like to know if this has been occuring recently to other players and if Wizard 101 is aware of this. If I may be doing something wrong, please tell me. I help my friends a lot and it is difficulty to tell them that I can't leave an area to help them because the game will not allow me. Thank You and please help me.

Grand Master Necromancer,
Iridian BlueBlood

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
This is happening because the game has not loaded properly, try installing it again.

"With the power of Fire, Ice, Storm, Myth, Life, Death, and Balance, you will win. Flames apon your eyes, seal the frost, control the sea's, summon creatures by memorizing their true name, healing to victory, stealing health, and blading, with the power...A true Wizard can be.
Bring A Wave in your life! WaveBringer."

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The most likely problem is that the program and/or files therein are corrupted.

What you'll want to do is uninstall the program and then reinstall it. You don't need to backup or save anything: your wizards and all pertinent information are saved on the KingsIsle (Wizard101) servers.

Note that if you reinstall, you're going to have a delay for every area you go into, as they have to download/update from the servers.

If you still can't teleport anywhere, it's possible that a firewall/antivirus/security program is blocking it. Also, a router may be blocking it. If so, you'll need to configure them to allow Wizard101 to work.

If none of these help, send in a ticket to Support.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Thank You for the help! It started working again with out having to do anything. I have no idea what was wrong. If it does this again I will follow your advice. Thank You again!

Grand Master Necromancer
Iridian Blueblood

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
i had that exact same problem yesterday. a new router just arrived i wonder if thats what caused it.