Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Character stuck

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2008
I tried to enter Shoshun village but the area failed to load. Now I can't log into the game with that character. It says "area failed to load" and sends me back to character selection. My other character is working just fine.

Administrator
I let Mr Lincoln know you were having a problem, but for him to help you, you'll need to submit a report.
Click Help
Click Support
Click Ask a Question
Tell him the character name, which quest you were working on, and all the details of the message you were receiving, and Mr Lincoln and his staff will definitely be able to help.

Thank you!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 28, 2008
Yep, I did that before I added a forum post. I like to make a forum post about bugs I see because sometimes it helps to find out if other people are having the same trouble.

Survivor
May 28, 2008
Well, I logged on with another computer and was able to move my stuck character away from the entrance to Shoshun village, where he was stuck. He's working fine now, but I haven't tried to re-enter shoshun village on the problem computer yet. I was able to re-enter on my other machine last night. So, it must be my installed copy on this machine. I updated my drivers as suggested yesterday, so that's not likely the problem.

I noticed that my patcher froze yesterday morning at about 80% complete on the problem computer. I restarted the patcher and it seemed to work fine until I got stuck later. Perhaps one of my game files got corrupted while patching?

What will happen if I go into the Bin folder and delete the Rock Dojo file in the gamedata folder (or any other of the .wad files) ? Will the client automatically re-download that file when it detects it missing? (I believe either the rock or water dojo was the entrance to Shoshun village)

Explorer
May 21, 2008
gswift7 wrote:
Well, I logged on with another computer and was able to move my stuck character away from the entrance to Shoshun village, where he was stuck. He's working fine now, but I haven't tried to re-enter shoshun village on the problem computer yet. I was able to re-enter on my other machine last night. So, it must be my installed copy on this machine. I updated my drivers as suggested yesterday, so that's not likely the problem.

I noticed that my patcher froze yesterday morning at about 80% complete on the problem computer. I restarted the patcher and it seemed to work fine until I got stuck later. Perhaps one of my game files got corrupted while patching?

What will happen if I go into the Bin folder and delete the Rock Dojo file in the gamedata folder (or any other of the .wad files) ? Will the client automatically re-download that file when it detects it missing? (I believe either the rock or water dojo was the entrance to Shoshun village)
Yes, the patcher will re-download a file if you are supposed to have it, but it can't find it. That said, you shouldn't be getting stuck during patching.

We found one timeout issue in this last update, and have it resolved now. Hopefully that will fix your problem, but if not, please do contact support and we'll get it fixed asap.

Thanks!