Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sick of New Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
I'm sick and tired of KI making "new spells" that just add more damage to ones we already have. We have Tough for that.

How about some new unique spells, like Smokescreen, Tower Shield, Earthquake, Blinding Light, and so on? If KI could balance out those spells, the game could totally change for the good.

For example:

Ice: Fortress, gives Tower Shield (-40% to next attack) to all friends, 1 pip.

Storm: Give Trap, takes one trap from self and gives to target, 2 pips.

Fire: Spark, gives three fire traps (+20% to next fire attack) to target, 2 pips. (For damage over time spells.)

Myth: Block, shields against next steal shield, disarm, steal ward, ect., 0 pips.

Death: Magnify, returns full health on drain attacks instead of half (for example, Wraith would return 500 health instead of 250), 0 pips. (Does nothing to the actual damage.)

Life: Refresh, gives Guiding Light (+25% to next healing spell) and 100 health to all friends, 2 pips.

Balance: Increase, gives +50% power pip chance to all friends for three rounds. (Aura-like.)

I would love to hear some feedback on these. Thanks!

- Ryan BattleSword, Level 32 Thaumaturge

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
as a storm player I would quit, the storm spell is worthless while you give all the other damage schools damage boosters that displace us as the damage dealers, we already have the lowest health, the lowest accuracy, and so forth, if you take away our being the highest damage dealers then I simply quit

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
fizzle75 wrote:
Death: Magnify, returns full health on drain attacks instead of half (for example, Wraith would return 500 health instead of 250), 0 pips. (Does nothing to the actual damage.)- Ryan BattleSword, Level 32 Thaumaturge

The part about death was really cool man... its the only part i ready since my main is death. But that would be really cool to have that spell but i dont think it would be posssible to make a spell like that one that returns all of the health, it would probobly be more like 25% or something cause with wraith if i use death blade, spirit blade, death trap, curse, spirit trap, and feint, my wraith can do around 3000 damage... yea.... death people get alot of strong traps and blades, and if it returned 100% of the health, it would be massive and i think would make it unfair in battle and aginst a boss because death people can easily solo the game. what a new spell should be for them is that it allows ghoul/vampire/ wraith to give the health to other people other than yourself, that would make death a more friendly class.

Hero
May 19, 2009
And which spells would you be talking about? the rank rank 7 spells that were added? How can you be sick of it if its only been done once and that once was over a year ago.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
You complain about damage boosting, yet half of your ideas include such.... anyone see the sense here? I am missin it

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Btw empower is a death spell, 1 pip 500 death damage to user for 3 pips, meaning 500 damage and 2 pips

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
You complain about damage boosting, yet half of your ideas include such.... anyone see the sense here? I am missin it

What I mean is attack spells that simply attack for more than the previous level. These are great at the lower levels, but at higher levels they are kind of irrelevant. These are all traps, boosts, ect. We already have plenty of attack spells for now.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
tommista wrote:
fizzle75 wrote:
Death: Magnify, returns full health on drain attacks instead of half (for example, Wraith would return 500 health instead of 250), 0 pips. (Does nothing to the actual damage.)- Ryan BattleSword, Level 32 Thaumaturge

The part about death was really cool man... its the only part i ready since my main is death. But that would be really cool to have that spell but i dont think it would be posssible to make a spell like that one that returns all of the health, it would probobly be more like 25% or something cause with wraith if i use death blade, spirit blade, death trap, curse, spirit trap, and feint, my wraith can do around 3000 damage... yea.... death people get alot of strong traps and blades, and if it returned 100% of the health, it would be massive and i think would make it unfair in battle and aginst a boss because death people can easily solo the game. what a new spell should be for them is that it allows ghoul/vampire/ wraith to give the health to other people other than yourself, that would make death a more friendly class.

That is an awesome idea! I have noticed that Death, other than Sacrifice and Feint, doesn't do a lot for the other classes. That is a really good idea to make Death a more team-friendly class :D

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
DarthNexus wrote:
And which spells would you be talking about? the rank rank 7 spells that were added? How can you be sick of it if its only been done once and that once was over a year ago.

I agree with DarthNexus here. BTW ease the complaining.
Lucas drakebloom
Leve 48
Ice wizard
Sword saint